1,080 results
All reviews convention center atrium cafe freddy rivas the club lounge attending an event southern hospitality bjcc jefferson uptown freeway alabama ms
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located to the convention center and a lot of choices of food within walking distance. The lobby is easy to check in. The hotel store is in a bit of an odd place. The meeting service was very good and the food was good. Overall a good place for meeting.

Trip type: Travelled on business
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Hello dmsuncoast,

Thank you for your comments and for staying at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel. We look forward to seeing you during your next meeting.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Several things happened during my one-day stay that impacted my stay at this hotel. (1) In the morning for the breakfast buffer (the lobby Cafe) I waited for several minutes while attendants zipped by us. A line of at least 12 people started to form behind me. Still no attention. Finally, someone came by and made an explanation -- which was "we were swamped; be with you soon." The I was seated at a table with no silverware and had to wait several minutes, again, when I finally was waited on.
(2) There was some sort of big renovation on the top floor and I think it was causing some alarms. I understand that, but the voice alarm is really, really loud and long. One day it came on and repeated itself at least 10 times. There is no ignoring it due to being so loud and there's no doing anything else.
(3) The fitness room, given the size of this hotel (very large) is pitifully small and not well maintained. Several machines were not functional and the water station appeared to have been out of water for weeks.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello David C,

I would first like to extend a sincere apology for the service you received while at the Atrium Café. This is not the type of service that we pride ourselves on. I have shared your concerns with management and will see that they are addressed. I would also like to apologize for any noise disturbances that you experienced that hindered you from having a relaxing stay. We would love to invite you back so we may have the opportunity to change your perception of our hotel. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Room was spacious and the view of the atrium was really nice. If breakfast buffet isn't free, don't pay for it. It's not worth $17, French toast was cold, eggs were very runny. You are supposed to have an option of ordering off the menu but we were told that randomly, the restaurant manager will not allow menu purchases if there are so many ppl in the restaurant which is dumb. We asked if there was a set time so we could come down and eat from the menu but they said its random and up to the manager. Also, our water in our room couldn't make up its mind if it wanted to be scalding hot or lukewarm. We weren't able to shower for a while. After I showered, my husband couldn't as it went back to being scalding hot. The faucet was hot and warm so we had to brush our teeth with warm water.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Greetings Shannon S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have shared your review with management and would like to apologize for the service your received while visiting with us. We would like to invite you back so we may have the opportunity regain your confidence in the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

Our room was nice, quiet and clean. The bedding and linens were relatively new and the bathroom, including the shower was very clean. There is great access to the convention center without having to go outside. The only issue we had was that the restaurants in the hotel are VERY slow and the staff is not very knowledgeable.

Room tip: We had an atrium room with a patio and it was very nice. I thought it might be noisy, but it wasn't
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Hello 191terrip,

Thank you for sharing! I am happy to hear that your enjoyed your overall stay. I appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to our management team. We may have an area of opportunity with our staff. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

I live in hotels, and have also been in customer services for 30 years. No matter what the issue is, this establishment will exemplify what customer service is in our highest idea. Kudos to Pam and the rest of the managers I dealt with. What a positive experience. Orlando the van driver was a charming welcome to the hotel. My only request would be for the property to invest in some better pillow toppers. The bed felt very hard to me. The rest of the bedding was luscious. The place is beautiful and food good as well. Wonderful stay with beautiful kind employees.

Trip type: Travelled on business
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Hello HotelsRMyHome,

Thank you for sharing a glowing review. We look forward to seeing you the next time your in Birmingham.