“Hilton Sweet Hilton”

Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park
Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 31 May 2013

It is always a pleasure staying at the Hilton Perimeter Park. The staff is outgoing, friendly, professional and exceptional at customer service. From check-in until check-out the hotel team provides service excellence. The rooms are modern and the beds are extremely comfortable. The restaurant food is very good with many choices and the service is a 10. This hotel is a perfect home away from home.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Good hotel, excellent rate and value. Very close to the Summitt mall. The corner rooms are nice. It is a good business hotel. The staff are warm and friendly. They have an exceutive floor, the food in the lounge is not very good, but nonetheless, it had a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

It was a good stay for a conference. The staff handled all of the conference needs well, took care of me as a guest, and I felt did a good job. The building is old and a little run down. The HVAC on my floor in the public space blew warm for a day, although they had repairmen there immediately. The HVAC in my room was a little noisy but kept good temperature.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a really nice hotel. I have never encountered friendlier staff. My significant other and I joked about it being so "stepford"! Smiling faces everywhere and always a warm greeting when we entered. The room was a decent size and that bed..... I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud! Very comfortable. The room did not have a fridge - isn't that almost standard these days? I did not try the food (expensive!) but the pool was almost laughable. I have never seen such a tiny pool at a hotel like this. I was actually looking around to see if there was another one... It was pleasant though. Location for this hotel couldn't be better. One light from the convention center. There is a Gold's gym and a shopping center with some good food choices right next door. My daughter and I walked to Mooyah's (yum!). All in all the experience here was great thanks to the wonderful staff here.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel provided the fastest check-in that I believe I have ever experienced.It was less than one minute. Not only fast but very friendly. The employee behind the desk was a delight. She exuded southern warmth and hospitality. This is a business hotel. The king room was spacious, but had a smallish bathroom. Everything was in good condition. There are several restaurants within walking distance. (as you face the hotel, walk to your right to find them.) The hotel has a nice pool area. There are a couple of computer work stations in the lobby ans well as complimentary coffee. There is easy hotel acces from the interstate. Highway 280 near the hotel is populated with many offices and retail shops.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Although the ambiance and the location of this Hilton were satisfactory, there were too many problems such as clogged bathroom sink, broken ice machine, inferior executive lounge that was dirty and unsupervised, fire alarms in the middle of the night with no answer from the main desk, and a barely acceptable breakfast buffet.

1  Thank Lynn R
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I had the most horrible experience at this Hilton. I have never been treated as poorly as I was treated at Perimeter Hilton. When I booked the hotel, I prepaid; however, I did not understand that I was only buying points. When we checked in, the hotel placed a $200 hold on our checking account. At the time, we did not know this. We went to eat at a nearby restaurant and could not use our debit card. It was very embarrassing and we had no other means to pay our food bill. I had to call my mother and write down her card number, which the restaurant did not want to use, but they had no choice. When we arrived back at the hotel, I printed off our checking account information which showed where $145 had been deducted from our account for the two night hotel stay. I also had my hotel confirmation sheet and showed the lady at the front desk. She told me to not worry about it and that she would call me later when she resolved the problem. About thirty minutes later, the front desk calls and tells me that she cannot access my account and that I would have to talk to someone from Diamond Account. I stayed on the phone from 8:30 until 10:45 with a woman named Debra. Finally, she tells me that I only paid for points and not the room rate of $65 a night for two nights. I told her that we had prepaid for our weekend and that with the hold of our account that we would not have money for gas to get home, nor food while were there. I told her that the reservations were deceptive and that I was not going to pay for it and she told me that there was nothing I could do about it. I talked to the manager of the hotel and he was more rude than Debra. He told me that I would be charged for that night regardless and that it would not be fair to not charge us even if we left, which I wanted to do. I packed all of my things and went to the front desk and he got back on the phone with Debra and he handed the phone to me and Debra said that Diamond services would comp us $100 for food for the weekend. Debra also said that I was not the only person who was confused about buying the additional points and thinking that I had paid for the extra points and hotel room and that it was misleading. The manager assured us that if we stayed that night that we would at least have our food paid for; however, the next morning the lady at the front desk was very rude and said the manager wrote in his notes that I had been taken care of and that I was lying about the $100 food comp. At that point, we left.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HCAMP571
DOS_Birmingham, Director of Sales at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. I am so sorry if you had any misunderstanding when booking your reservation with us. In no way to we intend to mislead our customers and I sincerely regret that you had such a disappointing experience with us. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.