“Problems + unresponsiveness in resolving them!”

Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park
Ranked #36 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Brooklyn, United States
“Problems + unresponsiveness in resolving them!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Air Conditioning unable to keep down humidity in many parts of the hotel. This was in JUNE; before the summer heat! Saturday Breakfast equivalent in their restaurant for the executive lounge was UNACCEPTABLE. I do NOT plan on staying at a Hilton ever again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Kevin M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Athens, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

For 30 minutes I heard kids screaming and hollering running up and down the hall and adults talking loudly. I finally opened my door up and two doors down there were people standing with the door open and talking really loudly. At about 10:20 or so I called the front desk. The person that answered said she would tell her manager. The noise continued for about 15 more minutes. I understand that some families were there on holiday, but unfortunately I was there for work and had to get up early the next morning. The food from the hotel restaurant didn't taste good and for the price I was expecting a much better meal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tawnya S
Troy, Alabama
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I usually stay at this Hilton at least twice a year on business. It is an excellent place to stay! The rooms are extremely clean and up-to-date, and the staff is friendly and helpful. It is also located right at Highway 280 and Interstate 459, where there are plenty of places to eat and shop. The only problem is that is a very busy, congested area all throughout the day. Despite the traffic, the hotel is very quiet. I ordered room service once and was very pleased with that as well. I do wish there was some sort of small continental breakfast included though. The beds are very comfortable as well. All in all, this is a great place to stay, and I now look to see if there is a Hilton available wherever I travel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Panama City Beach, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The room was poor with a terribly noisy air conditioner, non functional deadbolt and missing couch. Who who think the top floor lounge which I upgraded partially for was closed on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. Breakfast was iffy at best. The place was clean and did have a nice gym.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Diane L, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. And thank you for your kind comments about our staff and cleanliness. We will make sure that they are aware of the positive things you said. We are sorry that the entire experience did not meet your level of expectation. We take what our guests say with serious consideration. Each department will be notified as we always want to continually approve. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity when you are visiting our city to provide you with the superior level of customer service and guest satisfaction for which we are normally known.

Diane Lee, Senior Corporate Sales Manager
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Highly accommodating property with excellent staff and help. Room was excellent and service was even better. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Birmingham. When there was a change in the reservation the staff was more than willing to work with us in a very accomodating way. If only our stay was longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bonham, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stay here monthly on business.
Close to great food & shopping.
Only issue I have had was room air filters be dirty- Staff made it right but once mgr. & i had words over this.... why I don't know but he seemed that my repeated "finding" dirty air filters was totally random.
Since this no other issues.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front of hotel for a great view. Also the 8th floor is great if your a dia...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at The Hilton for business. A little info provided on the room, common areas, and service.

The room was "adequate". The bed was comfortable but upon entering I realized that the room had been deodorized probably due to smoking. The bathroom had paint flecks on the floor and in the toilet with a big black boot print on the floor. Obviously, maintenance had been in the room but it was kind of creepy. The room had dust on the baseboards and I could hear every move from the person next to me while in the bathroom.

The common areas are "adequate" - small, dated, and not really any place I would want to leave the room for. The dining area is HORRIBLY DATED.... but the staff was very friendly.

Service - Mixed reviews. The restaurant, bar, and room service staff were extremely pleasant, engaging, and interested in your experience; however, the front desk staff's capabilities stopped with a shout-out greeting and/or a wake-up call. Beyond that, not so great.

After leaving the hotel, I realized I left something in the room. I have called four times, talked with management, and cannot seem to get a call back from house-keeping (which is lost and found). I realize things are rarely recovered but I wanted confirmation that this item was or was not found. The last person I spoke with was the front desk Manager and she assured me house-keeping would return my call within minutes. Four hours later - and four calls later - no response.

Summary - Dated, Room issues, Staff not responsive. I would have rated this hotel a 1; however, the restaurant, room-service, and bar staff went beyond to please.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back. I did but was advised that "they" put me in the front.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business