“Good place overall”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This hotel like a lot of La Quintas looks like it needs a facelift. Elevators and halways are a little banged up in areas, but rooms are clean. Staff is helpful! Breakfast is weak, you can get a boiled egg, but no scrambled eggs or sausage. The breakfast made me lower my rating by 1 star. Overall, it's a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Book a King Room, the bed is superior to the twin beds.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I was very pleased with our stay. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Easy access to the Interstate. A variety of restaurants close by. The staff was very courteous.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The first night there was a barking/whinning dog left out in the hall during the middle of the night. Sorry I love dogs too but not in hotels. Second night raucus pool party long after the 10 pm time for the pool to be closing. I agree with other comments....Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GG-Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2012

After being on the road for half a day all I wanted to do was crash in bed! We checked in, got to our room and there was a big yellow fan laying on the floor that was blowing towards the ac unit. The room smelled kind of bad. We called to change rooms, went down got my key, and moved a couple doors down. This second room the lights in the bedrrom did NOT work. I called the front desk and could not get an answer. Finally I just decided to walk down to the front desk. I waited for a few mintues before someone came back to the desk. I told them the lights were out and they wanted to walk up to the room and check it out before giving me another room yet. So we went back upstairs, I showed them the lights id not work and she put us in another room. The third room was finally fine. The lady said that she would give us a credit and I could pick it up in the morning when I checked out. When I did so I expected more than a $20 refund. Not happy about the stay at all. Was ready to get back on the road....

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel O
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We like LaQuinta hotels because their beds are just so comfortable. This hotel is overdue for a renovation. The elevators are OLD and a wee bit scary, the wallpapers and carpets are showing wear BUT....the folks working here are the nicest you will find anyplace. The room was very clean and comfortable. The outside "security doors" weren't working properly at the time we were there. We did report that. Close in to Birmingham, convenient for doings at the college, nice area and easy to I-65 access. Made our meetings and events easy to get to. Would stay here again without hesitation....maybe by then the renovation will have happened. (According to staff, they are on the list!)

Room Tip: This is a quiet hotel, set back nicely from I-65.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Ashland City, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed 27 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This was my third time to stay at the Birminham La Quinta because it has so many amenities. The free breakfast is great, the swimming pool is beautiful and the rooms have everything you need, for example: a hairdryer, coffee maker with coffee, cream and sugar available, free large screen TV, wake up call available etc. I would recommend this La Qunita to anyone going to Birmingham. It's a nice place to just get away for a break.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo