“Feels like home”

Ranked #21 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
A TripAdvisor Member
“Feels like home”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have been staying here for over 4 months now and would not stay anywhere else. This place feels like home.
Courtney at the front desk is absolutly amazing! Always greets us with a huge smile and makes sure our reservations are made for our return trip and makes sure everything was in perfect order during our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This WOULD have been a bad review, but they made things right. Over 2 weeks before our stay, we reserved a double & confirmed it had a mini-fridge & microwave (traveling with our 2 kids). When we arrived, we went to our room & NO f. or m. ... We called the front desk & explained the situation & she said she'd call us right back. We waited, waited & waited... No call. We called back... No answer. Tried again.... No answer. A 3rd time... No answer (calls were in a 15 min. time frame). So, my husband went all the way back to the lobby (our room was located on the 2nd floor on the opposite side of the building from the lobby). A little while later he called me from his cell, to tell me they only had 4 dbl. rooms with mic. & fridges & they all had occupants - sorry. I told him to request an upgrade since they didn't reserve the room we'd asked for... They said no. Uhhhh... I think they must've heard me through my husband's cell (I'm sure I was loud enough), that I would be leaving feedback on every travel site on the web, b/c this is ridiculous & awful customer service! They upgraded us. Let me clarify... I normally wouldn't make such a big deal about something, but we had traveled all day & had to have a place to store sandwich fixings & other small perishable things for our 4-day stay. So, a fridge was important & the reason we made a point to confirm our room would have one.
So, we get to the room & start unloading... Turned the fridge temp up to cool it down & it didn't cool much. Then, I realized that it was b/c the seal apparently didn't function anymore, so the door didn't completely close. We had already unpacked & were exhausted, so we just kept a suitcase propped against it the whole time & that worked.
The positives: It's a nice, clean place to stay that's reasonably priced. They offer a continental breakfast (muffins, bagels, coffee, make-your-own waffles & etc...). It's close to restaurants & shopping. The room had flat screen T.V.'s & was comfortable.
We would stay there again & I would recommend staying there... but, in the future I would request a written (e-mailed) confirmation of what kind of room (amenities) are being reserved & still call ahead to confirm. But, the bottom line is... They made it right. So, that's good customer service & very important! And again, it's CLEAN... & that's of upmost importance to me when staying at a hotel.

Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The lobby of this hotel is lovely and so are the grounds. I could see myself having breakfast in the courtyard outside in the summer.

The hotel is a little tired but I think they are slowly renovating. The front desk staff when we arrived where delightful.

The room was next to the elevator which was not a problem from about 11pm to 7am. It certainly did not keep us awake.

Unfortunately I wanted a shower, my husband was still sleeping and when I tried the shower I could only get hot water. No matter how I turned the tap it just came out at various degrees of hot also there was hardly any flow, just a trickle. I did not have time to have maintanance look at it as by the time I took a good all over wash my husband was up and awake and almost ready to leave.

I told the girl at the front desk and she said I should have called but I explained the circumstance. She said she would have to get maintainance to look at it but she could not find the employee responsible. She trusted me and honoured their policy and gave me the room free. I was very grateful that first she trusted my word and second that she stood behind the company policy. Thank you very much. If I stay the next time I will check the shower when I first get in the room and if I need to change rooms. Other than that a good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I don't know how anyone else complains because I have stayed in this hotel several times and was ALWAYS pleased and I will be coming back again... the pay is awesome for what you get.. outside view is nice...the nice flat screens and awesome beds, gym I always enjoyed my stay... i never experienced bugs, or dirty bathroom or anything everyone else was saying..... or maybe im just special lol but only issue is the vending machine prices lol (im a cheap snacker) but thats it but its no big deal.. I hope everyone trust my review and give this hotel a chance because whatever your issue is im sure they will help and resolve it!! this is NOT a Scary dead hotel :-)..!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The room was clean and in good condition. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The location was easy to access and many places to dine and shop were nearby. The area seemed like a safe area and the access to the interstate was very close.

Brandon, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This was a nice hotel. We were just there for one night but it was nice. Decent variety for breakfast. Staff was very helpful,polite and friendly! Honestly all that I saw wrong was that the carpeting in the hallway needed to be replaced as it was gapping in several places. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.