“Reasonable price but nothing fancy.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
“Reasonable price but nothing fancy.”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I loved the price and the location is great. It is close to shopping and restaurants. I liked the free breakfast. The clerk was friendly and lobby was clean..My room was comfy with nice bed and tv. However, it had water stains on ceiling in bathroom. Wallpaper in hallway was peeling and carpet seemed dingy. Other than that it was a good place to stay. For the price I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Amee20

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
USA
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

This is an old hotel. The outlet in my room was broken and falling out the wall. The wall paper in the hall was peeling. The carpet in the hall is dirty and buckling. My room was on the 3rd floor which required me to park near the second floor and take the elevator to 3. The design of this hotel is confusing. I liked the outdoor seating and my bed was comfortable. I will not blind bid on Priceline for Birmingham Alabama again. I like Marriott properties which are much better than this Laquinta.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank beachtraveller2009
alaska
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I'm really not sure why this property has such terrible reviews. We were very surprised upon our arrival. Our standard king room was huge. The carpet and drapes appear to be brand new. The pool and courtyard are fantastic. The breakfast is La Quinta standard and great. The staff were all very, very nice. Jason at the front desk was great. The huge State Farm property next door made for the perfect place to take our dogs to romp about off leash. This may be one of our favorite La Quinta's.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tecoya
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2013

When we arrived, the room we were assigned had not been made up...it looked as if the housekeeping staff had managed to remove the sheets, but stopped there. This necessitated a trip back up to the front desk to get another room assignment. Since we had already carried our luggage from the car to the room, this was a bit of aggravation we really didn't need after traveling all day, since we now needed to to carry our stuff from the first floor to the third floor. When I asked if any luggage carts available, I was told that they only had six of them and that they probably were over by where guests were being checked in, in the back of the hotel. No offer to help find the carts, although apologies were expressed for the mix-up.

We have to agree with the reviewers that felt that this facility is in need of some TLC. The public areas- hallways and elevators are worn and not very clean, and the whole place needs a makeover. The room we were in reflected that as well. The beds were clean, thank goodness, but the bathroom was disappointing- not as clean as it should be, and certainly not up to the usual La Quinta standards we've come to expect.

All in all, if I was in the area, I'd look for another option.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John K
STL
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Place looks good from the outside, is a dump inside. We did want a pet friendly hotel which it is, but did not realize that the entire hotel would smell like pet urine. I think my dog was offended. We tried La Quinta because we understood they were trying to upgrade their system, but they forgot about this one. Wont make the same mistake twice. Jason at the front desk was very good as he was dealing with many check in issues as a fellow employee was taking personal calls in front of the people trying to check in.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel