“Real value for the money.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
A La Quinta traveler
Asheville
Reviewed 18 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I've stayed here a couple times. It's not very updated, but staff is nice, it's dog friendly, and in a convenient location. This last trip I landed in a room with bed bugs -- I called the hotel to report this and they said they'd shut the room down until they're terminated. Either way it's a major hassle for me to now exterminate my home! Of course this is part of the deal with traveling... I just suggest taking a close look at your room here until making yourself too comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 3 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We out our staff up in this hotel for a week stay while in Birmingham. This was a five room seven day rental and the location for this hotel as well as value is a solid plus for staying here. 5 x 7 nights is just great there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
A La Quinta traveler
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed 18 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was fortunate enough to find myself in a reasonably nice hotel in which to weather the record breaking storm in Birmingham on January 27. Because of the worst weather in 10,000 years I stayed for three nights and got to see the hotel in an emergency. I just viewed some of the travelers photos of the worst of this place...I didn't see any of it...and I have to say I enjoyed my 3 night stay. In any place it's the staff who set the tone and the staff here was amazing. Some of them had to spend the night because there was no place for them to go...all the roads were iced over and they remained professional and up beat. The worst morning La Quinta opened its doors to all travelers and I found people sleeping in the lobby and the conference room free of charge. All were partaking of the more than adequate breakfast and were just glad to have a place to lie down. La Quinta offered them blankets and pillows.

I found my room to be above average...clean, beds comfortable and the TV great. My only concern was the lack of outlets at bedside to plug in my computer and I would have liked a fridge and microwave but clearly they had them so I guess I could have asked.

Even though the housekeeping staff was stalled because of the weather the lobby was cleared and the hallways clean. I salute them for a job well done in a crises!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank casturtle
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We found the room clean and comfortable. We did not find anything falling apart in the room we had. Staff was very friendly. The breakfast area was very large and you were not cramped. Would have been nice to have something hot beside the waffles. Don't really care for hard boiled eggs for breakfast. Most of the lodgings out their need updating. Very reasonable price. If you want really great and updated you have to pay the higher price. We are usually looking for nice towels, clean rooms and comfy beds and pillows. We had no complaints on this stay.,

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and no problems. No excess noise.