“Great staff”

Ranked #11 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Georgia
“Great staff”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The staff made this a pleasant stay. They always greeted us pleasantly and offered assistance. The breakfast was wonderful...Great variety and the hot sandwiches were especially tasty and filling. The building is a nicely renovated Amerisuites. You can tell it is not a Hyatt. We drove past the street a few times before we saw the sign neatly tucked away in shrubbery. It is conveniently located near great shopping and dining. Check your toilet before getting too comfortable. There were also noticeable furniture and carpet stains.

Room Tip: The first floor was surprisingly quiet, especially with dogs in the next room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Good for trips. Only downside is that its location on 280 makes for a terrible morning commute, but that did not impact my review. Furniture seemed like it needed a deep cleaning, and much of the cleaning staff was quite loud mid-day in the hallways while I was doing some work. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank marcusaurelius113
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Right after we got there we learned that the pool was closed for winter. The website did not say that and I would have chosen a different hotel. Almost every time we went to the front desk we had to wait because there was a few people that one or two people were trying to help. The staff at the front desk was also the bar tender and resturant staff. We did order the food from the hotel and it was very good. I loved the way the rooms were set up!! what a great design.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank redeffects
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Got this place last minute but we were sold as soon as we walked in. Very nice all American staff even at 11 at night. Breakfast was warm clean and tasted good. Better than McDonald's. Water pressure and temp of shower wasexcellent

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Roooster
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My 3rd visit this year to this hotel and as usual I was very impressed. Front of the house staff was very accommodating throughout check-in, morning breakfast and evening return. Always greeting everyone with a smile and encouraging you to enjoy your day. Rooms are spacious, clean and beds are very comfortable. In addition, this property is conveniently located to some great restaurants. If you stay anywhere else on 280 your making a mistake.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wmm77396
Nashville
Reviewed 2 October 2013

If I had stayed longer than a day, my rating of this hotel would be poor.

Cleanliness of the rooms needs to be improved across the board, and as I read other reviews I'm not the only one who feels this way. Pictures of Hyatt Place Hotels look immaculate, but once you're in the rooms you can see how the rooms are quickly wearing and cheap materials were used to construct the rooms. Consistently I have found rusted towel holders, hair on towels, dusty furniture, and stains on headboards and carpet. I promise you this has been consistent at the Hyatts I've stayed. There were issues with the bedside lights and clock in my room. The maintenance person struggled in resolving the issues. After having him in my room for a long period of time, I asked him not to worry about it as I was extremely tired. During the early hours of the morning the alarm clock went off. The clock displayed 6:00 a.m. but it was actually 4:00 a.m. I am a very light sleeper so needless to say it took a while for me to go back to sleep.

The light fixture/fan combination in the bathroom is very loud. I turned it off and used the light source from the vanity area. The breakfast is very limited. The good thing is that this hotel is located near many restaurants and great shopping.

The television although very modern, displays less than ten channels. I've stayed in hotels that have more channels than I wish to watch, this hotel has none that I'm interested.

Even though I had a "do not disturb" hanger on the door, housekeeping still came knocking.

The associates were friendly, professional and accommodating and the hotel is in a great/safe location. However, I probably would not be staying at another Hyatt Place Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here from Sept. 13-Sept 16,2013. My daughter choose this hotel for me based on location, free parking, and price. It is located off busy US-280 south of Birmingham, but far enough that you don't hear highway noise.
I was pleasantly greeted when I arrived. The desk clerk quickly found my reservation and she asked if I had a floor preference. I told her I prefer an upper floor and I was given a non-smoking 6th floor. There are 6 floors. No complaints about the elevator.
My room had a sofa and ottoman. A sink and small fridge area with a coffee pot, and tea and coffee packs. One king bed that was very comfy, 42' hdtv, and connections for video console or camcorder. A closet with a full length mirror. Tub-shower combo. Bathroom sink with 3 smallish drawers on the side. A nice large window with blackout liners. And in my room the view from the window was trees and sky. Very quiet and peaceful. Everything was clean.
There is limited room service, but I didn't use it. There is a complimentary breakfast with a nice selection of items. There is, also, fast, free wi-fi.
This hotel is about 15 miles from Birmingham Airport. Ten miles from downtown.

Room Tip: Room facing the back looks out over trees.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo