Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness
US$136
GardenInn.com
US$131
US$128
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
US$117
Birmingham Marriott(Birmingham)
US$175
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewshuge tvsitting areacomplimentary breakfast issummit mallgreat place to stayking bedyogurtrooms are spaciousstaff was very friendlydefinitely stay here againone night stayvery nice hoteltycouchdeskmicrowavehighway
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel located just outside of Birmingham was a pleasant stop during our recent travels. My only concern is that it appeared to be understaffed. The hotel checking was personal and friendly, and the hotel room was clean. It was older, but well maintained, The pool was nice, and the water pressure in this hotel was like nothing I've ever experienced!! The shower was like a fire hose! The complimentary breakfast was adequate, but chaotic. It was though guests had never seen food before, and it was a feeding frenzy, manners completely forgotten. This isn't however a reflection of the hotel. They tried to appeal to their guests with a variety of hot foods and choices....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Whenever possible, I always try to stay at a Hyatt Place. The rooms are spacious, the hot breakfast is delicious and they always have great snacks in the lobby. This Hyatt Place was no exception.

I came in - traveling with five of my friends and one dog - checked into my room and asked for a restaurant suggestion. Big thanks to Logan at the front desk. He not only gave some recommendations, he actually found a list of ALL the restaurants in the area. He even helped bake me a peanut butter chunk cookie later. Thanks, Logan!

We had a great dinner and a very restful sleep (despite a hotel FULL of loud children - some kind of baseball tournament). The hotel took a ton of extra steps to keep the kids in check and make sure other guests were able to enjoy their stay. It was much appreciated.

My favorite thing, however, about this hotel was the shower. I HATE it when hotels give you a wimpy shower that barely gets you wet. This shower had excellent water pressure. It felt like standing in a warm hurricane. PERFECT! Definitely the best shower ever.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. If you are in the Birmingham area, this should be your spot!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a very friendly staff. It is a pleasant environment with nice clean rooms and a great pool. The one thing that is missing is a laundry room. They offer no place to wash your clothes. They offer a great workout room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We just discovered this chain in Colorado Springs recently and were very impressed. Now two for two.

The hotel is located in a very pretty hilly, wooded section of Birmingham.

Our room was spacious, clean and in good repair. Well decorated in a soft contemporary style. Good night's sleep was had. A decent breakfast was available the next morning in their very attractive dining area. However, the breakfast we had at our first stay was markedly better with a much greater variety of choices. For this reason, I couldn't award a fifth star.

But best of all was the consistently friendly attitudes and service of the hotel staff. These people certainly make one a believer in the term "Southern Hospitality".

Give the HP a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have to start by saying we usually stay at more upscale hotels but being that we were staying with another group, were happy to book here & I was surprised at the overall ambiance of the hotel. The lobby is very nice & they serve Starbucks coffee anytime there. Plus, they have sandwiches and cold drinks so you don't have to go out and buy water for your room. Our room was VERY clean although there were some off things in it like the metal ring (that should be on the wall, behind the shower head) was resting on the shower head instead. The shower head itself did not provide a nice washing experience but rather a powerful car wash feel. Also, when our neighbor showered or flushed their toilet it was really loud in our room. Rest of the room was fine although the giant sofa bed was well worn & there is an ac unit in the wall. We stayed in a room at the end of the hall in order to avoid most hall noise & I recommend this at any hotel. The last thing I feel I should note is that although our housekeeper did a first class job, she also knocked on our door at 8:30am when our "Please come back later" sign was always on our door (getting me out of bed to answer it), which is seems to be a problem at most 3 star hotels. She did say "oh, sorry" when I walked to the door & walked away, but any thought of sleep after that was out of the question. Perhaps a longer sign, that won't get stuck in the door jamb is the answer? All this said, I feel I need to add that the area the hotel is in is really nice & I found Birmingham to be very different then I thought it would be. This is in a suburb of Birmingham that has plenty of upscale shopping (like a gigantic Wholefoods down the road & a Starbucks within walking distance) & most people would enjoy the surrounding very green areas + there is a small lake behind the hotel that is very pretty.

Note to manager: knocking on a guests door with a DND sign on it should never happen. Otherwise, it feels as if it's not my space at all, but rather anyone with a key can come in at any time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Delphine G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review of our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I will discuss the importance of DND signs and provide training to ensure this is not an issue at our hotel.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.