“A great place to stay!”

Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness
Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights in a business trip. While located just outside of Birmingham, the trip to town was only about 25 minutes. You'll need a rental car, but the great thing about the location is that you are near some good shopping and restaurants.
My room was spacious and clean. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Even the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Utah
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We loved the Hyatt Place! All the workers we dealt with were helpful and fun to talk to. The room was great and comfy and the breakfast was fantastic--above and beyond normal breakfast fare (we particularly liked the breakfast sandwiches [egg, sausage and cheese]). I would not hesitate to stay here again. In fact, we will very likely be passing through Birmingham again in the future and I will make sure to make our reservations early! (The only minor problems were probably entirely circumstantial--the luggage cart had one flat tire, and the first room we were assigned had a passage door that didn't latch properly so we immediately requested a room change [which they happily provided--and even gave us a discounted rate as a result!])

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank thursowick
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was very quiet and the layout was very nice, with a separate lounging/working area, wet bar, and fridge. The beds were super comfortable, and the free breakfast was outstanding - much, much better than the usual free morning fare. Close to I-459, with an abundance of good places to eat close by, and lower room rates than at comparable properties. No complaints at all and would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet, but ask for a room near the south end of the hallway to avoid potential elevat...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BayouBillLa
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in August while in town on business. I was really impressed with the quality and cleanliness. It's located in a great spot outside of Birmingham, and there are a fair amount of good restaurants around. The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are sizable and comfortable. Added bonus, 1-2 free drinks at the bar per day.

Stayed August 2014
Atlanta
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel and we would definitely stay here again. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. The only negative is the traffic on Hwy 280. We wished we had found this hotel during all of our parents weekend visits!

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here last year when came to Birmingham for the first time. I really loved the restaurant choices and the close mall, I went to the movies, I went dinner. It was a really relaxing stay at this hotel. I really believe that there is no greater value than the Hyatt Place Brand.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Overall this was a pretty nice hotel. They have about the fastest check-in I've ever experienced. It took maybe 5 minutes if that. The room I was in was huge. There was a full sized sectional sofa along with two queen beds and a large flat screen tv mounted to the wall. I couldn't give this hotel a 5 because of the bathroom. My bathroom was small with a very low ceiling and low lighting. The shower pressure was ridiculously high. The pressure was so hard that the shower curtain couldn't contain it and inevitably left a puddle on the floor each time. Other than that, it was a pretty good stay. I heard great things about the breakfast although I didn't experience it first hand.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business