“Very Large”

Birmingham Marriott
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a suburban Marriott set in an office park with a beautiful water feature across the street. The hotel has a large meeting room, pool, exercise and restaurant wing and then a tower of rooms. Our room on the top floor was in a quiet corner. The hotel has large groups and lots of families on the weekend some of which are quite loud in the parking lot and public spaces and management makes little effort to control them. The bell service was excellent. We did not use the pool or exercise equipment but the pool looked inviting if crowded and the exercise facility was clean and well equipped. Our room was large enough for the two of us and the mattress was most comfortable.

Room Tip: Be a Marriott Rewards Platinum level and be very specific as to preferences.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

This was a good and cleen hotel . No unpleasant surprises.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and from check in to check out my experience was top notch. When checking in the person behind the desk actually walked around the desk to hand me the key and oriented me to elevators, dining, etc. Walking around the desk was a very personable gesture, really made me feel my business was appreciated. The staff was friendly and helpful. The young lady working the bar went out of her way to assist me. One of the employees had called in sick, my server was busy when I needed my check and the young lady at the bar came over and helped me. The concierge lounge served very good appetizers and the man working it was very outgoing and friendly, taking time to talk with everyone. I will definitely stay here again. Really top notch in everyway.

Room Tip: Concierge level is great
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have been using this hotel primarily for business each week for the past year and a half. The staff is genuinely friendly and the hotel itself is nice. The food in the concierge lounge could use some work but the food from the River City restaurant downstairs has always been spot on. Breakfast in the lounge on the 8th floor is good but the restaurant has an excellent menu and buffet. The staff is always friendly and eager to accommodate your requests.

Room Tip: Depending on your status you can request a room on the 8th floor which is where the concierge lounge...
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a small conference. Nice public areas, gym and basiness center. Standard Marriott rooms, close to many resturants and nice shopping area.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I travel a lot and have stayed at many Marriotts. This one has to rank near the top based on the friendly and courteous staff. Having friendly and courteous staff that greet you every where you are at, asking you if everything is ok, if you need anything, etc., can make or break one staying at a particular location. This Marriott property has great staff from the front desk to the concierge lounge to the room attendent. Everywhere I turned, the staff always greeted me with a smile and asked if everything was okay. Every time I passed the front desk, the front desk manager, Nicole, always greeted me by saying my name and asking if everything was ok my entire stay. Not only to me but to everyone who stopped at or passed by the front desk. It is because of these little things that made this a great stay! I would recommend staying at this location anytime.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2012

On two occasions recently, I used meeting space & lodging at the Birmingham Marriott, and found the staff @ all levels and roles to very friendly, courteous and helpful. A great experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business