“Very Nice!”

Ranked #27 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Second trip to Birmingham and deceived to give the Marriott a try. Very pleased with that decision. The staff was polite, lobby and room clean, and the concierge lounge was very nice. The food in the lounge was really good and the service up there was great. My third trip to Birmingham will be just a bit easier as I won't think about where to stay...I'll be here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear ctraveler04,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your recent visit to Birmingham. We are also very excited that you gave us on opportunity on this visit. Your feedback was very rewarding to share with the staff and we are happy that we have made your future travel decisions to Birmingham a little bit easier. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here 3 nights with a college baseball team. The hotel had to be close to full capacity, but the service was still above average. The breakfast here is very good with plenty of items to chose from. We also used a catering staff for private room dining and the staff was fantastic and the food was very good. This is the second time to stay here and I would highly recomend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear AI W,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided to both us and the TripAdviser community. Our staff work to make each interaction with our guests positive no matter how busy the hotel may be and it was great to share this with them. The restaurant and catering team were also excited to hear the positive feedback on their services. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again if you travel back to the Birmingham area.
Franklin, TN, USA
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had to stay here for 3 nights recently. It's very nice. The staff is extra friendly. Mike was great fun to talk to. The food is very good.

Good sized rooms. Standard TV fare. There's an exercise room and pool but I didn't use them.

Only complaint: the mattress was a little worn. I could feel myself in the hole that other folks had made for me. Pillows were as all hotel pillows are: too small.

All in all, not a bad stay. Everything I needed was right there.

Room Tip: I was at the very end of a hall. No problem with noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear GeepaUSA,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your recent stay. Our team of hosts really enjoy getting to know our guests and making memorable experiences. I appreciate when our associates get recognized and they really thrive off of the positive feedback. I apologize for the experience with the mattress, that is certainly an important part of your experience and it disappoints me that we let you down. I will address this feedback with my housekeeping and maintenance team to make sure we address this going forward. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Birmingham area and most importantly thank you for staying with us.
Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

You'll fight a bit of traffic to get here, but it's the best Marriott property in Birmingham. Full service everything. Great concierge's lounge up top. Concierge staff quite friendly but no when you need a bit of space. Rooms were very good, beds top notch comfortable. If you like to work out, the gym is great. All the equipment you could ask for. This is now my go to hotel in Birmingham. I've stayed here on six different occasions now.

Room Tip: All rooms I've been in have been consistent.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Michael M, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Scott Fitzpatrick,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdviser community. We really appreciate the positive feedback you provided about your experiences here with us. Our team really thrives off of positive feedback and your feedback will be very rewarding to share. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you are in Birmingham and we look forward to your next visit.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We knew we wanted to stay at a finer hotel on our road trip, and this one did not disappoint. And the rate was great, to boot. What stood out was the good customer service by the front desk. Really can beat the breakfast either. The room was spacious and clean. Would have rather had two queens instead of two doubles.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Baseba11_Mom,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and our southern hospitality. Our Front Desk team work hard to make everyone feel welcome and to receive personalized attention. I am excited to share this feedback with them as well as our culinary and restaurant team. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you back in the future.
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have been very regular guests at this hotel. At one point, we stayed nearly every weekend for a month or two. The hotel management and front desk team are always very accommodating prior to our stay, but our last two stays have been awful. The hotel is in desperate need of renovation. Throughout the last two stays, such incidents have been telephones not working (hotel quickly fixed them), but this last stay over this past weekend was the worst. We were in a lovely suite, but there was a hair and other slimy substance in the tub, and in the 1/2 bath, there was some foreign item on the floor of the shower. Cleanliness is so important, especially in the bathroom. There is no excuse for housekeeping overlooking these obvious items. I attempted to reach the Manager on Duty (per the sign posted by the front desk), but heard nothing. I ended up E-mailing Marriott support and they were able to get the front desk manager to call me. She apologized, asked me what she could do for me (at this point, what could she do--we needed attention last night), and said she was "sorry" I may not return to the hotel. As a guest that has stayed at the hotel so often, this nonchalant response was mind boggling. No effort was made to recover service. I paid for a campground quality bathroom experience. Overall, the room was in decent condition. The bed was comfortable and the TV had a variety of channels. Note that if you're in a room with a sofa bed, there will not be any bed linens in the room. We had to call for sheets, blankets, and pillows for the sofa bed that arrived about 15 minutes after calling. I have never wanted to leave this hotel as much as I did this morning. We left promptly and will likely never return.

Room Tip: All of the suites are excellent. The regular rooms are nice too, but if you have a family rollaway...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank icomefromalabama
Michael M, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear icomefromalabama,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback on your recent stay with us at the Birmingham Marriott. It is very troubling to know how poorly we preformed while you were with us this past weekend. We can and are much better than we showed you, as you have experienced in the past and mentioned in your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the housekeeping and poor follow up that we showed you. It is completely unacceptable for us to not show you genuine concern and follow-up. I appreciate you bringing these items to our attention and I do hope that we have an opportunity to earn your loyalty again in the future.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed for business for one night. Ordered room service because I wanted to stay in. I ordered a pizza and cup of soup. The pizza was $9, and it was an embarrassment to Marriott for how small and terrible the pizza was. It was just a touch bigger than a pizza bagel bite.

Now I don't want to judge a hotel based on their pizza, but this was really ridiculous.

Staff was beyond friendly, so I would return.

• Stayed March 2014
Michael M, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear danNH347,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your experience with us. We are continuously looking for ways to improve on our service and product and I appreciate your specific feedback on our room service. We will definitely have to reevaluate our pizza product for room service and make sure it lives up to our expectations that we have for ourselves. I appreciate the recognition on our staff service and friendliness, we pride ourselves on taking great care of our guests. Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to improve with the feedback you provided and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Birmingham area.