“Great value and comfort, neat little town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville

Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville
Ranked #17 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great value and comfort, neat little town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed for a work trip during Talladega Race weekend; it was very nice and comfortable, the front desk staff was awesome!!! They had little things I had forgot back home, like a bottle opener and such. And I had to keep bothering them when I kept losing my key, and they were great about that too. SO friendly and helpful, you guys were awesome! Coffee, tea, and such, and fresh fruits always available? That was great, being that we were constantly on the go for work that weekend it was so helpful. Breakfast choices were amazing, that fruit was the bomb!! I love this place, would definitely stay here again!! Great little find in Trussville Alabama. Walking distance to restaurants, Hooters, Subway, gas stations, right around the corner from others too. Easy access to highway and shopping. Very impressed with my visit to Alabama, thanks to the staff at Hampton Inn Trussville!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
addis, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This place was loud, and when I complained they did nothing. I have three small children and we could not sleep because people were banging on walls, yelling, partying, etc...The AC did not work properly and made loud straining noises all night.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

davepatel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Birmingham and thank you for kind words!

Dave Patel
Lakeland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We arrived at this hotel at 7;00 pm without reservations. We have a family of 5, so one room would not accommodate us. The manager was extremely helpful and offered us a discount for 2 rooms. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Houston, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Service was inconsistent. The arrival process was chaotic. I did not have the staff's full attention and I did not feel welcomed or valued. The room was Spartan and smelled slightly moldy. The quality of the food at breakfast was not as good as other similarly priced hotels I have stayed at recently.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Marion K, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
We do our best to make sure each and every visit for all guests is equaully enjoyable. Unfortunately sounds like we did not please you. At times like this, we prefer your feedback instantly. Reaching out for management to get involved, as I still do not understand how this checkin was chaotic for you, your speaking out directly to management would have given us the fuel to rectify any inconsistensies during your stay. I will definitely speak to my staff but in general because I'm not sure of what really happened. Feel free to contact the hotel directly if this reply is not comforting enough.
Mobile, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I arrived with a large Wedding party and the hotel was very accommodating. The original room I had booked through a travel website was on a smoking floor. After realizing this, I went to the front desk and they provided me a new room very quickly. I really appreciate being moved with out any issue. The young woman that was in charge of the lobby and breakfast area was very sweet and made sure the food was stocked and hot. She definitely made breakfast pleasant. The hotel and customer service was excellent and I would definitely stay again!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your delightful response! We pride ourselves on guest relations and really appreciate the fact that you enjoyed our staff and had a great stay. We warmly welcome you back at anytime!
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Most recently we stayed here for the Alabama/Ole' Miss game, but have also stayed here on previous trips to T-town. The lobby is nice, the food smells great, especially in the am, the boys loved the pool, and the rooms were clean. We adjoined two rooms so the kids would have a separate space. Both rooms offered a bright, neat, uncluttered, clean (even the carpet) environment. The linens were white...which I love because there is no room to hide any issues. The bathroom was clean throughout. Both boys (ages 7 and 12) were quite excited to have their own room. (I do not think this would have been the case if the room were dark and dirty). It is of particular importance to note that the staff at this hotel were ideal. The check-in receptionist was competent and time efficient. , Truly, throughout our stay each desk clerk was genuinely friendly, helpful, and all seemed happy with their position. This positive energy was maintained from check-in to check-out. The hotel is perfectly positioned so that we could easily access the interstate and head to the game, as well as having many options for meals and shopping within 3-4 minutes of the parking lot. (The nearby Target had an impressive selection of Wine for a Super Center). All in all, from the staff to the comfort of knowing you are sleeping and showering in a clean room/hotel, along with the Tide's demolition of Ole' Miss, this was a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor with no issues. Temperature was easily regulated. Easy access with lugga...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marion K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you so much for the good words about your stay. You made the entire staff smile. Please come and stay with us again.

Ms Marion Keith
Hamton Inn
Summerdale, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

During the night there was a loud repetitive noise in the room which kept me awake until 1 AM. Finally got up and found that it was the fridge. unplugged. Room smelled stale and hallways were not air conditioned and hot. Found two roaches on door seal when leaving for breakfast. My wife could not eat there after seeing these. We had to check all bags as one was German roach. I managed to eat the breakfast which was not up to usual Hampton standards. No one on duty for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family