11/10/11 - Family trip, looking for economy, Baymont seems like a good solid brand and this was on our route. First of all it was WAY overpriced for the poor quality of the room. If we had only been paying $35 I would have expected what we found. Arrived after dark - all looked fine on the outside. Lobby was fine. Desk clerk was great, very friendly. Then we get to the room. It was just dank. Dark. Dirty. cabinet door hanging from one hinge. We're tired, we're staying, we just need to sleep right? Take shower - there is mildew in every corner of the shower - lots of mildew. Like chemicals are not used to clean. Ok, we're staying anyway. Go to bed. The comforters are dingy and just look dirty - fold them back, try not to touch them. Lay down - oh no, oh no - the mattress is a spring loaded pad with no cushion to speak of and is going to be horribly uncomfortable - and it was. We didn't sleep. I had read on one page where these rooms were to be double queens, they were double doubles. Impossible for us to get comfortable or rest. If you have small children, do not take them here - it is dirty. The lobby in the daylight looks shabby - it looked to be very nice once but has become old and worn. I saw two stacks of mattresses outside - like they are being replaced but I don't know if we had the old ones or the new ones. I will not stay here again, I cannot recommend it, and I've stayed at quite a few budget hotels this year that were clean, tidy, and comfortable for less money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel provides easy access to popular activities in the area. Visit the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, the Birmingham Zoo or the Alabama Adventure Water and Theme Park. Talladega Superspeedway offers exciting races, and the University of Alabama at nearby Tuscaloosa. Oak Mountain State Park offers great hiking, and the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Oxmoor Valley is a short drive. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, rely on our Birmingham hotel for the convenient amenities you need. Enjoy a peaceful sleep in one of our standard comfortable rooms; microwaves and refrigerators are available in superior room types. Connect to free WiFi or work remotely in our business center. Take advantage of our stay active with a workout in our fitness center. If you are in need of some rest and relaxation, lounge in the sun by our outdoor pool. One well behaved pet is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn Birmingham South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Birmingham / Vestavia Hotel Birmingham
- Baymont Inn And Suites Birmingham / Vestavia
- Birmingham Baymont Inn