Quality Inn
US$180
US$158
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$102
US$157
US$142
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$105
Agoda.com
US$158
  • Pool
All reviewsolive gardenfree breakfastfree nightcomfortable bedgreat ratenice roomirondalegrantspillowsalabama
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I have been staying at this Quality Inn on the hill above Sam's Club for the last several years. Ken and Nancy have made all the stays enjoyable and they are a pleasure to tslk to every time I am in town. If you want a nice location away from the hustle and bustle of the City, I would highly recommend the Quality Inn in Irondale, Alabama

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I am a repeat customer and have enjoyed my stay every single time I have visited. The staff are always super friendly. The rooms are spacious,clean and include a microwave and fridge which are a plus and the beds are extra comfy. The back side of the building has a beautiful view of Irondale and the area that it is located has always been quiet.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the building on the second floor have a very nice view of Irondale.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Great room value especially if you are doing the "sleep and go"" like we did. The attendant that checked us in was super friendly and accomodating, a nice man in his 30's. Rooms are fine, we slept well. Breakfast was a disappointment. The attendant clearly had not even visited the buffet offerings since she "clocked in". We assessed the selection and were greeted by one lonely "egg-type" patty staring up at us in the hotel pan.

Our daughter poured a bowl of cereal only to find the milk container dry. At this point we summoned the attendant who remarked that the people who were responsble for the breakfast service had done a poor job and that they were out of milk. And without asking, she whisks away my daughters bowl of cereal and the entire cereal display.

She then told us that she had started a round of egg-things and sausage and that it would take 12 to 15 minutes. This precious time could be used, we agreed to hunt a starbucks as the coffee pot was empty too. Could understand if we had come to breakfast at the end of service time, but it was 7:35am.

Good value for the money overall. Ownership should consider loosing the breakfast and competing on super pricing.

Room Tip: If you arrive at night ask for a room with a view. Was in awe of the beautiful scenery when we walked through the corridor to the cliff side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2012

While visiting the Irondale section of Birmingham, I was looking for a brand name motel that wasn't too expensive within a short drive of my point of interest which happened to be the Irondale Train-Watching Platform. Good choices of motels are located near I-20. There are nicer more expensive motels (like Holiday Inn Express) and some smaller privately owned properties. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, this motel seemed like a good choice. A good choice it was.

A few other reviews mentioned the location is hard to find, especially in the dark. They are correct; but knowing that, I found it the first try! You need to turn in the driveway near the Quality Inn sign, and then drive up a hill to the motel. The motel is on a quiet hillside overlooking the Irondale area. I arrived late (around 11pm). Only one clerk on duty made check in kind of slow, but it was fine; and the very friendly clerk apologized for the short wait. The motel is a older exterior corridor type building which is kept in fine condition. I was able to park near my room on the first floor which made unpacking the car a breeze. The room was clean, quiet, and kept up to modern standards complete with a lap desk, a feature Quality Inn's don't normally have. A wide screen TV, refrigerator and microwave are also located in the room. The room is a standard size motel room, which can be considered kind of small with the extra furniture and fridge present. The beds were nice, and free internet worked fine. I can't remember the free breakfast too well, which must make it middle of the road - not outstanding, but not too shabby either. The price I paid for the motel was very fair for the offerings. I enjoyed my visit to this motel, and plan to return to this property in the future the next time I'm in the area.

There are several fast food restaurants located within a short drive from the motel, some choices include McDonalds, Krystal Burger plus some others.

Room Tip: Exterior Corridors let you park outside your door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2012

it was a very clean hotel and very friendly people they have a great continental breakfast. The owners are very friendly and helpful with great room rates. this is a nice safe location for a family stay i have nothing negative to say about this hotel or the people that work here

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business