“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #48 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, Alabama
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

At check-in, the hotel smelled great. The Frontdesk person was great I think her ame was Nesha???? She took great care of me. She showed me my room first, showed me where everything was like a short tour. She was very detailed in explaining everything to me. And did everything she could to help. Also every morning she spoke with a smile made me feel just like I was at home, she listens very well and actually pays you some attention. I felt like I was appreciated!!! Housekeeping is also great. (And my room was very nice, for the rates!!!!) I would recommend this hotel to friends, and I will definitely be back because of it, thanks!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boss L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you so very much for your positive review of our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and whenever we read comments like yours it always gives us validation and great pleasure in achieving that goal. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I would recommend this property to all of my collegues.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank wd5429
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Midland, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Musty mildew smell in halls!! Rooms were even worse!! Thick smokey smell in no smoking room!! no elevator...so marched right back down the stairs and checked back out!! Unhealthy air about the whole place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank txtknogk
Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

I've read reviews on other sites about how the halls smell people smoking crack. I have no idea what crack smells like in my mind it would be like the halls of this hotel. I noticed it was a craphole when i first entered the room. I figured I’m only staying one night so i can rough it. I put my stuff in the room and went to a movie (did not want to spend much awake time there). When i got back it was though the front desk double booked me because there was one of the biggest cockroaches ever seen living it up in my room. So i squashed it and decided to sleep with a little light because I’m a wuss when it comes to supersized disease carrying insects. Didn't matter though because i couldn’t sleep with the paper thin walls and what seemed like an interstate devoted entirely to monster trucks right outside the window. I did eventually doze off but was awaken by the lady at the front desk "sorting it out" on her cell phone to someone who must have hearing impaired. I don't know why it was necessary to do that right outside my door but i guess she wanted to make sure i didn't miss my morning meeting in 3 hours. It turned out to actually help because the alarm clock which i set to wake me up on-time never went off? I didn't see any fleas as mentioned on the other post but i've got bites all over my feet. I guess if your a homeless person then this is a great value but to me i would rather sleep in my car. If you want to save a few bucks and possibly catch crabs then this is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank NoShjtRjck
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

I've stayed a couple of times because the prices were great and the staff even better, But never before had I seen so many HUGE and when I say HUGE I mean HUGE Roaches... From me killing two in my room to me seeing one go down the hallway I was so grossed out ...I immediately rebooked for the next day with priceline and just raised my stars so I wouldn't get the same hotel...Not to mention the rooms/hallways smell like bad public bathrooms(Only if the lobby smelled the same, would be more appealing.)

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Facts2u
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

I stayed here for two nights. They allow pets, but charge $25/night, so I put my cat in a kennel at the vet. I thought the place was decent. They could clean the carpet (steam-clean) every once in a while, but it was quiet. The rooms have full size appliances, but they are somewhat dated. Upon checking in, you get a pass to work out at Sportplex, which I thought was nice. The staff was nice. I'd go back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Dyersburg, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

This is a no frills hotel. If you are just driving though and need a place to sleep it is okay, but if you are staying a couple of nights I would recommend another hotel. The good thing was it was a safe location and the staff was friendly. The bad was that the hotel room was old and outdated. The rooms didn't stink, but there was a weird odor in the hallways. For $50 bucks a night you can't expect a whole lot. Overall, it was just okay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple