“Home Away From Home - After a house fire”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood
Ranked #48 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, Alabama
“Home Away From Home - After a house fire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

This was really our home away from home after our condo caught fire. We lost everything in the fire and the staff here bent over backward to make our stay extra special. Every staff member on each shift was just as hospitable as the last one.
We ended up staying two (2) weeks, after one week we were asked if we want to move to another location and the answer was NO!!!!.
The place is located literally three minutes away from 10-15 restaurants and 2 banks. The location is nice and quiet we felt really safe.
The coffee was always good and hot each morning. We are going to miss the warm smiles and good tiding each morning.
We want the staff to know you all have made our hardship a little easier to bear.

Thanks

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear Cynthia,
Thank you so very much for such a positive review of our Extended Stay America Birmingham Wildwood property and staff. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, thank you for your business and please know that the entire staff at our hotel would like to thank you for your very kind words and would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay America location.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I'm always welcome with open arms
& everything I need has been right there
at my finger tips.Thank you for your performance& 100% of quality of your
work at all times in making my stay
pleasant.hotel fee 68.00 food to cook 40.00 my stay PRICELESS.

• Stayed March 2013
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
First and foremost please allow us to thank for your business. Whenever we read positive comments like yours, particularly about great guest service, our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Extended Stay America Birminfgham Wildwood as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Once again, thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

My name is Shelia from St. Vincents Hospital, I met Mrs. Hill one day at work when she was passing out information for the hotel. I was looking for a place to stay that was a home environment. Twanna insisted that I come and check out the hotel. I must say my experience here at Studio Plus Wildwood, which is now Extended Stay America has been excellent. The staff here show excellent customer service, starting with the manager Twanna Hill she go above and beyond to help the guest in everyway possible. Her customer service skills is remarkable and should be distributed throughout this company. Twanna present great customer service skiils which make my stay here a home away from home, I must say she is a great manager and a major asset to this company. Next, The front desk GSR Marcus Malone shows outstanding customer service towards all guest. He presents himself in a way that all should, the smile he shows every morning brightens my day and inform me that everything will be ok. Marcus is also a great asset to this company and make me feel welcome here at Studio Plus. I've stayed at different hotel while traveling, but because of the staff and the great leadership this hotel is the best one ever.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shelia L
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
It was very kind of you to publish such a positive review of your recent stay and for such kind words about our staff at our Extended Stay America Birmingham Wildwood location. It's always satisfying to read uplifting feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy guests. That's why our largest asset is our loyal base just like you. We are firmly committed to guest satisfaction with clean effective rooms at an affordable rate and were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. Coupled with our staff providing professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest we understand this offer is compelling. Thank you for your business.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Let me start out by saying, this hotel is a home away from home. Everyone go out of there way to assist the guest. The changes that are taken place here are great. I love the new to go breakfast. Everyone have a chance to meet one another and chat about life. The staff here at wildwood are great, I love the staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, its safe and well kept.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Larry B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our Studio Plus Birmingham Wildwood location. We would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Once again, the entire staff at our hotel would like to thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

My family and I have experienced the best quality of care . It was a home away from home. All staff members are very professional and caring. Ms. Twanna, the manager here goes over and beyond to accomodate your needs... She's one of a kind... Thanks Ms. Twanna!!!!

Room Tip: Choose second level... Laundry room and main office on this level.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Catressa R
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Whenever we read positive comments like yours our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Studio Plus Wildwood as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Let me start off by saying I didn't book this hotel. A friend of mine booked 4 rooms for 8 of us. I took my friend at his word when he told me the hotel was nice. Folks, I've been in the Army and have stayed in some crappy places. One of those places being a tent that sleeps 10 people with no a/c (heat came from a pot belly stove) for 6 months, slept in a sleeping bag on top of a cot, showered in another tent, had to use a port-a-potty and up until this past weekend I thought nothing could be worse than that.......until I stayed here!

So you might ask yourself, what was so bad about it? My answer, EVERYTHING, LITERALLY EVERYTHING. From the front desk clerk to the room everything was BAD. You might also ask yourself, well if it was so bad, why did you stay? Well, there was a big event in town and every hotel was booked up for the weekend so I was stuck.

Alright, on to the bad. I get there and the front desk clerk had no emotion what so ever. He looked like he would rather be anywhere else in the world than there at that moment. I get my keys, grab my bags and he towards my room. I open the door to the hallway that leads to my room and is greeted by this horrendous smell! It was an old musty, smokey smell and the carpet was nasty. I was like ok, maybe the room smells better..........uh nope, same smell and the carpet was just as nasty. There was a pull out couch in the room that had stains all over it. I actually touched this thing to see what the mattress looks like, bad idea. There was a huge urine stain plus several smaller ones on it! The bathroom had mold all around the tub. The stove in the kitchen was nasty. The pillow case was dirty. I went down stairs to get some replacement pillow cases and the soulless attendant reluctantly gave me some. Oh yea, I asked for some replacement towel and this guy told me I HAD TO BRING THE DIRTY TOWELS TO THEM IN ORDER FOR THEM TO REPLACE THEM!!!WTF

So, I finally checked out of this God forsaken place early Sunday morning with my clothes reeking of this horrible smell. When I got home, I immediately showered and washed all my clothes. I placed my bag outside to air out.

People, seriously take head to this warning and AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank trippin4sho
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
We recently received a copy of your review of our Studio Plus Birmingham – Wildwood location. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why it was very disappointing to read your post. Please accept our most sincere apologies.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring and understand that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The service and room condition you describe is totally unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, we have met with our entire hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on great guest service, proper cleaning and extensive room inspections to prevent a future occurrence like yours.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again for your recent stay and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this to better serve lodging needs of our guests.
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I live in Marietta,ga. I have family in Birmingham,al.I'm always visiting my mom and daughter about once every week I refuse to stay anywhere else they treat me like family,the staff is always so kind and my room is always clean. I feel like I'm a step away from home.Studio Plus is the BEST!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank yolanda t
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Wildwood, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Studio Plus Birmingham – Wildwood and we certainly thank you for your repeat business. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.