“Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Very friendly management and staff! Reasonable rates, rooms are large. Very nice neighborhood! I have enjoyed my stay here, and it is very close UAB, area parks, and the staff always goes above and beyond to meet my needs. The rooms are very well maintained.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better scenery.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Alicia P
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
It was very kind of you to publish such a positive review of your stay at our Studio Plus Hotel Birmingham Inverness and such kind words about our staff. It's always satisfying to read uplifting feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy guests. That's why our largest asset is our loyal base just like you. We are firmly committed to guest satisfaction with clean effective rooms at an affordable rate and were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. Coupled with our staff providing professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest we understand this offer is compelling. Simply put, thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

I cannot believe that this property has the gall to show the pictures on this site that they advertise. This property is filthy, dirty carpeting, in disrepair, smoky, mildew/musty and is without a doubt the worst place I have ever had the "displeasure" of visiting. DO NOT STAY HERE.
I was given a confirmation for "non-smoking" rooms and upon arrival was told that there are NO non-smoking rooms. The carpet was filthy, the rooms were in disrepair, mold and mildew odors and you could tell that the rooms were "heavy smoking" rooms. I am still recovering from allergic reactions to the smoke, mold and mildew. Someone needs to report this property to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Ronald P
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Studio Plus Birmingham - Inverness. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

Nice spacious room with everything you could ask for. The front desk accommodated all needs promptly and professionally. The location just off the main road allowed for seclusion and quiet without losing the convenience of being close to restaurants that you could walk to. Friends were paying far more to get far less.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Houndmania
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Studio Plus Birmingham - Inverness. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay America location.
Indy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2007

11-16-07 My wife and I were going to stay at Homestead Studio Suites Birmingham - Perimeter Park South 12 Perimeter Park S. but the place was in bad shape after two rooms that we viewed. So I wanted to try their sister hotel Studio PLUS Deluxe Studios. Well needless to say I will not be staying at either again. The front desk clerk showed me a room but it was the bait and hook room. It was clean and had a 25 inch television it was nice. But when I received the key for our room it was dirty and not the same even the television was different I think a 17 inch television or smaller. There was grease on the kitchen walls, pillow dirty it was a mess. I went back to the front desk an asked for another room and a man who identified himself as a manager asked me what was wrong with the room I told him and his responds was “ Sometimes people fry things and grease get on the walls.

So I received another room and it was a tad better but it was for one night and the wife was getting tied so I took out my can of disinfecting and settled in for the night. I took a few photos and they can tell the story better. Needless to say I will never utilize the two brands Studio Plus or Homestead Studio Suites again. However I enjoyed my stay at one brand Extended Stay Deluxe in Marietta, GA Power Ferry Rd and would use that brand again.

I would like to know are they inspecting these rooms with the light on or off?

• Liked — Not one thing
  • Disliked — Take a look at the photos
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
10 Thank 365H
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2006

I would highly recommend not staying at this hotel. This property is run-down, dark, dirty, and the staff is VERY rude and unhelpful. There are many other nice hotels in the area. I will never stay at a Studio-Plus again!

• Stayed May 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Summerfield NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2005

I rated this Studioplus average because I've never stayed in an extended stay hotel and have nothing with which to compare it. That said, I was very pleased with my stay there. It is a basic hotel but the rooms are large. They accept pets. The kitchen was reasonably well stocked. The rooms are cleaned only once a week, but the rate was so reasonable I didn't mind. There are laundry facilities available. It has a small pool. All in all, I was much happier there than I was in a nearby (and more expensive) hotel. They offer weekly rates as well as daily. It is close to fast food, restaurants and a grocery store. The studios have either a queen bed or a queen and a roll-out sofa. My adult daughter said the roll-out was fine and she didn't have any complaint.

6 Thank Donlee
Searcy, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2004

Stayed here in October 2004. Hotel is located in a business park area on the Southeast side of Birmingham. Close to major freeways, but far enough off the road to be quiet. Suite setup is well organized, but very simple, approaching spartan. No breakfast included, but there are several restaurants nearby. Decent room for the price.

6 Thank YorkResident