“Very satisfied”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness
Ranked #45 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Very satisfied”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Nice helpful staff, excellent service, clean comfy rooms. Very quick and friendly service
They have very fast wifi. The grounds around the hotel are kept clean,nice flat screen tv with good actually watchable channels ( most hotels fail to have this) Would definently stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This place is a dump. For the money you will spend find another place to stay. The walls are paper thin and every time my neighbors showed affection my bed would shake and I could here everything. The tv was broken and the cable cord too. I had to rig it to watch static channels but could not use the remote. Staff never helped me with remedy the problem. Internet speeds are rediculously slow at .89 mbps. About the speed of 2g on a cellular network. If you want it at 3 mbps you have to pay a lot. Which is still slow. The bed was uncomfortable especially when the neighbors have relations. There are cigarette burns on all the furniture. Ohh and they charge you 250 dollars if thwy catch you smoking. The floor I was on reeked of marijuana.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank masculator
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I didn't look at the reviews on tripadvisor prior to booking our room for a three day weekend. I was extremely nervous after seeing some pictures of a room that looked horrible with bugs and whatnot. I can tell you from our stay that the room was very acceptable, no bugs what-so-ever, clean and felt safe which is the important thing. For $50/night I wasn't expecting the Hilton and neither should anyone else. The hotel is located off of a major highway in a safe area not in the "getto." The staff were very polite and professional, which is always a plus. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review of your recent stay with us. I’m so pleased to hear that our friendly staff, clean rooms and great value met your expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.
Lihue, Hawaii
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I found this property to be a fair product for business travel. The only negative I found to be was no ice machine. I purchased a bag of ice from the Target across the street. Good internet service for wireless.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad to hear that our free Wi-Fi met your travel needs; however, I apologize that we do not have an ice machine. Your feedback will be considered as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at biv@extendedstay.com.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a few months and HATED it the entire time. The staff was terribly rude as well as the manager. I spent about three hours cleaning the room before I actually moved my stuff in (I was relocating from a few hours away) because it was FILTHY. I was supposed to get weekly housekeeping but they would never clean my room because they said it was too messy. That was a lie since I ALWAYS bagged my trash for them and made sure all of the dirty linens were in a neat pile by the door and the floors were free of debris so they could easily vacuum and sweep. I also had my own blankets and sheets so they never had to do anything with my bed. The manager went in to my room and took pictures of my room to send them to me to point out the reasons why it wasn't getting cleaned (my trash being bagged up and in a line was apparently an issue for them and I don't know why). That's a HUGE invasion of privacy and VERY unnecessary. This was the worst experience ever and I was appalled by the treatment that I received while I was there. I have NO idea how this location is still open.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Billie L
Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Night one:
No one at the desk for 20 min, after 2 staff members show up, they needed time to finish their conversation before one of them (Carolyn) decides to to help me out. Took her 30 min to check me in. The room had an AC unit hanging almost on top of the bed. The unit and the refrigerator was so loud, it felt like an air plain was landing inside every 30 min. As if this was not enough, you could hear everything that was going on in the rooms next to us. Rotten cabinets in the kitchen, very stained carpets. The hotel is an older building, it needs some remodeling.
Night2:
People hanging in the lobby again, friends or family of the staff I am assuming.
I did let the staff know that the room was very loud. As I was checking in for my second night ( accidentally booked the same hotel, wanted to stay at a different location).
As Carolyn was checking me in again, she was talking to a coworker. Her exact words: WHAT THE F** IS THIS B** COMING BACK HERE IF SHE DIDN'T LIKE THE FIRST NIGHT
I was shocked!!!! This level of service is unacceptable. I did let her know that it was unprofessional but Carolyn thought everything was funny and kept giggling while checking me in. I felt disrespected, mistreated and will make sure the hotel management will find a way to deal with this behavior. Room 2 - roaches under the sink.
This hotel is dragging the whole name down. I love to stay in these hotels, but will not do it anymore!
Management - train your staff, they are a reflection of you!

Room Tip: Read the reviews!!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank V C
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed 11 December 2013

A clerk who greets me with "your way to early to check in ! " after I had been pre approved to check in early. Nauseating odor in room, oven greasy, holes in wall, shaky commode with urine around O ring, mold on walls, dirty light switches, thick dust everywhere, dark red/brown stains that look like blood in the carpet. When I complained I was told that they were waiting to wake me up and have me move to remodeled rooms down stairs because they are gutting out my room on Monday. That would have been a disaster since I sleep until time for work. Glad I complained when I got off work before going to sleep. The clerk looked at me like I was an idiot and I felt so disrespected and felt like my opinion did not matter. They knew this room was a mess if they were already planning to gut it out! Please tell me why you would charge someone to stay in such a mess. My first mistake was not complaining the minute a I first opened the door to my room and the foul odor greeted me. I did not want confrontation so I politely got in my car and drove across the street to target and purchased cleaning supply and rolled my sleeves up and got to work cleaning. Instead of resting after a long night at work. This room was not cleanable. I wasted my time and money. Shame on me accepting this for two days. Then she gave me my new room in 114. My old room was 202. Well 114 does look better with a newer stove but it was nasty with grease as well. It is partially underground so you only have half a window to look out. There was the scent of fresh cigarette smoke in the air and I decided then that I was putting my bags in the car and driving home. They were also making my neighbor across the hall move downstairs. she has asthma and multiple health issues. She complained of the smoke and they ignored her as they did me. She said they smoke more than cigarettes down there as well. She has been living there for about 6 weeks. I felt so sorry for her. I commute every other week to work 150 miles around trip. Many of my coworkers do the same. I decided I would try staying in a cheap hotel to see if it would work out. My coworkers were observing my experience and had it worked out for me they would have rented some rooms in the future. We are all professionals and would have been great tenants for them on our work weeks. We work 7 on 7 off. I realize this is a one star hotel but does that mean you don't respect your customers enough to clean a room completely and welcome them with a smile. This is been the worse hotel experience in my life. It took up so much time away from my life and I lost so much sleep. I am still shocked at how I was treated with no remorse from the clerk or manager( not sure of her title). As I was telling her my story there was an employee sitting in a chair behind me laughing. The clerk also had smurky grin on her face. I booked on Hotwire so extended stay said I would have to go thru them to get a refund. I called Hotwire while sitting in the hotel lobby. Hotwire did refund me for the two I still had booked but not for the two days I stayed. They gave me a $50 Hotwire credit to use in the future. I understand their point but I think I should be refunded the full amount $198 for the total 4 days booked and refund for my cleaning services and supplies and the lost sleep time and mental anxiety! This really gives me a desire to own a hotel. I know I can do better than this. It is simple to enforce non smoking regulations in a building, completely clean a room before renting to guest, make sure everything is in working order, strong water pressure in shower, line the cabinets with new shelf liner after each guest checks out, new mattress protectors for each new guest, wash the bedspread and curtains each time, have leather furniture instead of cloth so it can be cleaned properly, absolutely no nasty carpet that holds stains and odors, throw rugs maybe so you can wash when guest check out. Have someone properly inspect room after it has been cleaned. Hire me to inspect. Extended stay will go out of business if they treat everyone the way I was was treated. I just hate that some people feel they have to stay here or be homeless. It is a no credit check establishment so when the homeless get a little extra money they can stay here for the night. I do wish they were treated better like kings and queens when they stay. Does not cost much to treat people right.

Room Tip: Down stairs is noisy but remodeled. I would say don't stay at all if you have a choice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business