Quiet, pleasant atmosphere in a mixed-purpose location of office buildings and a shopping complex. Conveniently located at the confluence of two major highways with more shopping, dining, and office parks very close by. Room was clean and well appointed. What appeared to be a base-price room was equipped with a subcompact refrigerator; a welcome touch. Signs marked "Closed for Maintenance" were observed at one side entrance (no room key access, requiring one to walk around to the main entrance) and the pool/spa area (spa was closed for maintenance for the duration of this four night stay). On the first day, the television in the fitness room was not working (but was repaired by end of day). An unidentifiable electrical wire with some sort of electronic component attached was sticking out of the air conditioning unit. Staff were very courteous and greeted all guests who passed near them. Checkout was quick and painless. The monitor at a printing station in the lobby "wakes up" with an opening splash screen of all major airlines and a link to check in to whichever airline is selected. As with all Courtyards, breakfast is not provided gratis. At this location, a mixed grill was present with a Starbucks bar operating in the morning, a light lunch of sandwiches and related fixings at lunch, and just off the front desk were several refrigerated cases with snacks for purchase at the front desk available at all hours. Fitness room and business center are also open at all hours, but the swimming area closes at 11p. The fitness room was equipped with towels and a water dispenser of both chilled and hot water, but lacked antibacterial wipes to clean the equipment after use. Word has it that this location recently staged a well-publicized grand opening after undergoing extensive renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade hotel is proud to share our newly renovated state-of-the-art lobby and stylish new guest rooms. Located just 25 minutes from downtown and the airport, this Birmingham, AL hotel is close to the University of Alabama at Birmingham. The exciting new features at this Birmingham, AL hotel include inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax, free Internet access throughout, access to the latest news via our GoBoard and The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.® offering enhanced breakfast, dinner and beverage options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Birmingham Colonnade Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Courtyard
- Birmingham Marriott
- Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade