All reviews front desk indoor pool room was clean marriott hotel nice hotel summit mall the young lady king bed exercise room staff was very friendly home away from home a wonderful stay would highly recommend this hotel nice area shopping and restaurants the entire staff bistro
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I stopped here on the way to Panama City Beach. Everything about this location is wonderful. I have to mentioned the friendly wonderful staff! They were so helpful with everything. We had issues with our air conditioning and the front desk employee immediately helped us relocate to another room on the same floor. He brought us cart and keys for the move as well. Everything was nice, clean and up to date. There was a funky smell in the new room however. We didn't complain about it and just sprayed febreze. It seemed to help. The beds were very comfortable. The pool was nice, warm, and clean. I would definitely recommend staying at this location. Down the road within walking distance is plenty of choices for food.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Scalfie1,

Thank you for the great feedback on our staff service and please accept our apology for the issues that you had with rooms during your stay. We are always striving to improve our guest's experience and would love to confirm your information to make sure that the issue with odor has been addressed for our future guests. Please feel free to reach out to me by phone or e-mail to provide your name or room number.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and the opportunity to serve.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

A very nice, clean and friendly place to stay. Amenities of this hotel are terrific. One thing that needs improvement is to have T.V. remotes that work. The water with fresh fruit is a very nice touch.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2016

I stay quite often at another Courtyard Marriott in Birmingham and it was booked during my visit and so I chose to reserve the Colonnade Courtyard for 2 week day nights June15 & 16. My reservation was confirmed with a credit card. When I arrived at 10pm I was informed by Jeffery that they had "oversold" the property and had to take 2 rooms out of inventory AND I didn't have a room!! Jeffery said he would send me to Hoover! I was livid! He said because I was the last person to check in that he chose to give my room away! He finally found a Residence Inn Marriott and comped the night there. I had had an 8 hour drive already and was not happy regardless of the hotel paying for the night! I asked him to pay for the other night since we were so put out and he said his GM Beth would not allow it but that he would give me 10,000 Reward points...whoopie! I called the next day to speak to the GM, left my number and she never called me back! I will be notifying Marriott Corporate... Inexcusable! I bet since my reservation was confirmed if I had NOT shown up that they would have charged my credit card!! Oh, the Residence Inn was a dump! Blood on the filthy carpet, worn and torn furniture, draperies hanging down...Don't Trust this Courtyard Marriott

Trip type: Travelled with family
Beth J, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Colonnade/Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear zippycatArkansas,

Thank you for your feedback. While the hotel does not intentionally over sell rooms, unforeseen issues with rooms do occur and this was the case on the night that you arrived. The hotel did wait for the last guests to arrive; per the policy we do not relocate guest until every room is occupied or pre-checked in by Marriott's mobile check-in application. Please accept our sincere apology for the frustration caused by this situation. The standard policy for hotels in a relocation situation is to pay for one night's room and tax at a location of equal or greater lodging value. Due to the circumstance of your visit the Front Office Supervisor provided an additional 10000 points for your Marriott Rewards account which is the equivalent of an additional night's stay. Please contact the hotel if you would like to further discuss, the hotel only has an e-mail for you, as was stated in the e-mail forwarded on the day after the relocation.

BethJ

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed 4/25-4/29 then 5/9-5/11 and again 5/16-5/18. This hotel is great. I was in town interviewing/hiring prospective new employees. Met with interviewees in the lobby. It was VERY business person friendly, the hotel staff was very helpful, accommodating and most of all friendly. JOYCE is AWESOME!!!! All the front desk staff is great. I loved them!!! Lol. It's hard enough meeting a new prospective employee in a hotel so when the hotel makes it comfortable it's that much easier!!!

Now for the sleeping part, The rooms were excellent. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and baths!!! The housekeepers definitely do their jobs right on par!!! Very friendly and accommodating and most of all they always said "hi" with a smile. :) I'm not great with names but I think Christy was one I saw a lot.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2016

This is a very nice property. We have stayed here a couple of times and will again if we are in the area. It is very clean and the staff very nice. In general, I wish Marriott would have more comfortable seating options in their rooms but this isn't this hotel's fault.

Date of stay: May 2016