“Clean Rooms and decent breakfast”

Days Inn Birmingham AL
Ranked #61 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I was in birmingham for a conference looking for an affordable motel. The quality inn is nothing fancy but it had clean rooms a comfortable bed and a good breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. I got what i was looking for at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank xrogue

Reviewed 2 October 2009

Hotel property was in good shape. Hallways and room was clean. Breakfast was better than expected. Property has restaurant located on site that has very good food. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank grampyChattanooga
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Very, very disappointed in this hotel, The staff was friendly but the first room that we were put in was located on the 2nd floor and smelled of urine and had spots on the bedspread. My friend's bed had spots on her sheets. We then went to the front desk and explained our problems. One of the desk clerks took us to a couple of other rooms that smelled of pet urine and had a feeling of dampness about the rooms. He finally took us up to the 3rd floor and it was somewhat better than the 2nd floor. The bathroom had cigarette burn stains on the sink and the paint was peeling off the tub. I will never stay at this hotel again. We could not rest peacefully wondering about all the germs lingering in the room. This place needs to be bulldozed down and rebuilt.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank BBPrecision
qualityinnbirmingham, Webmaster at Days Inn Birmingham AL, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff members received our commendation concerning the courteous way in which they treated our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 26 March 2009

Located at 1485 Montgomery Highway in Birmingham the Hotel was priced right. Room was clean and has a narrow balcony. While too narrow to sit on and without furniture it does afford the occupant a chance for fresh air. A quality that should not be under-estimated.

However, the hotel is lackluster and has several issues. This appears to be an older property with low occupancy levels. Telephone and internet service were weak. Otherwise, the room, bathroom, hallways were clean.

Nothing really stands out here. Room and hallways are institutional in color. Not interesting just functional. A tennis court across the parking lot is abandoned and has bushes and a tree growing through the court surface, a visible symbol of better days.

Each time I used the internet my connection was slow and I had to repeat protocols. Room was not equipped with convenient outlets for the business traveler. I was booted off the wireless internet over and over after short intervals.

I also did not feel entirely safe in the hallways. This is just a perception but I felt like I was really on my own here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed our balcony.

• Management was approached about the possibility of renovating the tennis courts for the enjoyment of our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced with the telephone and internet service and instructed to see to resolving the issues.

Reviewed 10 March 2009

We drove from Ocean Springs, MS to Birmingham for a soccer tournament. We dropped our son off at the soccer fields off Liberty Parkway. It was so beautiful, the neighborhood impeccable we thought we'd be ok. We did pass the Hilton Garden Inn (which is the hotel we usually choose) which looked nice and clean. We then go to check into our Quality Inn room and were completely disgusted. The bedspread and white towels had hair all over it, the fabric on the chairs were stained, holey and nasty, the carpets were obviously never cleaned and there was a bug on the pillow. If it hadn't been for the rest of the soccer team staying there, we would have left immediately. To top it off, we were put in a smoking room so it smelled. The walls were filthy, the TV/cable didn't work properly, the coffee maker had hair and grub inside the water tank - it was absolutely disgusting and would NEVER recommend this hotel to ANYONE! Luckily, my son and I brought our own pillows and blankets. We stayed the one night and left first thing in the morning. We didn't bother coming back after the early morning game to come back and shower/relax before the drive back home, we couldn't wait to leave!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I hope your soccer game went well.

• Maintenance was informed of the non-working cable/TV in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

Reviewed 17 June 2008

We checked in on June 8th, and checked out about an hour later. It was DISGUSTING! The beds weren't made, the bedding was stained, the lights didn't work, the electric outlet didn't work, the coffee pot was filthy, the table was wobbly, the room was so dirty, the outside was unkempt and there' was garbage flowing out of the containers, the elevator was dirty and had stick stuff on the ground...our shoes would stick to the ground as we walked...it was just DISGUSTING.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JMinIL

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that things did not work out as expected.

• Maintenance received additional training in properly seeing to it that the outside appearance of our establishment is properly maintained.

Reviewed 11 June 2008

Place is awful. Maids burst in my room without knocking. They could not speak english. TV would not work. Some of the lights would not work. The door was so hard to open and close that you had to ram into it. It was a run down dump.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maids received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests and the necessity of knocking on doors and waiting for permission to enter.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you had with the Tv, lights and the hard to open door and instructed to solve the problems.