“Great place”

Courtyard Birmingham Trussville
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here recently for two night and will stay here again when in the area. The hotel was clean and the front staff employees were very helpful, friendly and professional. We had an issue with the air conditioner unit (it was leaking on the floor), but I was told they were fixing it. I hope they did before the next people stayed there as the carpet was soaked. Bed was comfortable but the pillows were not. Looked like 5 throw pillows on a king sized bed. This really needs to be changed. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear bfair78,

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience. Thank you for mentioning how friendly and professional the staff is and how clean our rooms are, they work really hard and appreciate the recognition!
We look very forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago and loved it. We visit family once a year for 2 weeks. We stayed here year one. Nice pool, great whirlpool. Last year we came and were so ready to jump in that whirlpool after an 11 hour ride and were disappointed that the whirlpool had just been cemented in. We were really disappointed---so much so---that we decided to look around for something else. Too bad, too. We liked it for everything else--except for the expensive food and drinks.
Rooms are great though.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Cindy V,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I apologize for your disappointment that the whirlpool had been filled in since your last visit. I'm glad to see that your liked everything else like our rooms and swimming pool. We hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next annual trip.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel when in town for business and pleasure. Hotel needs to continue to improve the professionalism of some of it's staff. The staff should be well groomed provide articulate customer service. The hotel is also starting to show age....looking at the carpet and the pillows within the rooms. The mattresses should also be upgraded to provide a restful night. Pillows should be a constant investment. The linen and towels are very dingy and the hotel should consider a professional laundry service rather than providing the onsite laundering of it's linens. They really should be white and crisp. Marriott brands are typically known for luxury...it's quality and cleanliness with pleasant staff. The hotel is also now becoming extremely popular but not keeping up with the competition. This hotel has previously been extremely clean with pleasant, personable staff.... I am uncertain what has changed! Please go back to the quality hotel that you were.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Lami D,

Thank you for sharing your feelings about our hotel. It is very important for us to know if we have any areas for improvement and your comments are not typical of what we usually hear. I hope to have the opportunity to sit down, perhaps over breakfast, and talk to you in more detail when you have the time on your next visit with us. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We chose this hotel due to it's location at the half way point of our road trip. We had a wonderful evening there. The staff at this hotel was wonderful especially Regan. She was very helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We were so pleased that some of our party decided to stop there on our way back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Karen from Slidell, Louisiana!
Thank you very much for letting other travelers know about your experience at our hotel! The entire staff and I are thrilled to be a part of your family's great vacation.
I appreciate you mentioning Ragan by name, I know she will be very happy to be recognized for her efforts. It is very important for other travelers making lodging decisions to know about our consistent cleanliness and superior staff service that you experienced on both of your short visits. Please keep us in mind again if you need a night's sleep on the way to or on the way back from your destination.
Yours in Service,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I were not able to keep a reservation that we had previously due to weather conditions..I called the hotel to change our reservations and I spoke with a young lady by the name of Deanna Gamble..I explained to her that we were under a state of emergency due to the snow and my husband and I were unable to travel and would like to change the date of our reservation...not sure if they would honor it since we made our reservations through priceline...she was very helpful and immediately showed care and concern about our current situation..I was on that phone with her about 5 minutes and she assured me that things had been taken care of..We arrived that next weekend as scheduled and was greeted by a young lady of that front desk and I forgot her name but she had the sweetest smile and she took great care of us...We asked to meet Deanna and we did and she was just as pleasant in person than over the phone..The location is great..the amenities were great! Our room was nice and very clean...I would recommend this facility to anyone who will be traveling through the Birmingham area...

Room Tip: The first floor was very quiet...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Felecia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell the whole world about your experience here! I know you were very concerned about your reservation change and I was happy that I was able to accommodate you. I'm glad I was here when you checked in to meet you face to face. I also really appreciate and am humbled that you mentioned me by name. It's very important for other travelers to know the level of commitment to guest satisfaction that the General Manager of a hotel they are considering has. Everyone here is especially honored that we are now your exclusive hotel of choice when in the Birmingham area!
Yours In Service,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Got snowed in due to flights cancelled along east coast. Was planning to stay one night and ended up there a second night. Staff was understanding in extending the room. Called to ensure everything was okay. Located close to shopping and plenty of eating places. 8 miles from airport and close proximity to interstate. Would recommend and will stay on return trips to Birmingham.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Ken,

We really appreciate you taking the time to let other travelers know about your experience! With so many other options in Trussville, I'm glad that because of our service you chose to stay with us an additional night while you were waiting for a flight out. I know other travelers will find it very helpful to know how conveniently located we are to restaurants, shopping, the interstate and the airport. We certainly look forward to being your home away from home in Birmingham again!

Yours in Service,

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Last week we were in the Courtyard in Trussville al. when the Gridlock occured. I wanted to let folks know that southern hospitality is live an well in the courtyard the manager Deana and her staff went beyond the call of duty to keep all fed and warm. The staff was caring and attentive. I would love to send anyone to this hotel
D

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Deanna G, General Manager at Courtyard Birmingham Trussville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Trapped in Trussville,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment about your experience here! Now "the world" knows where they can stay in Trussville to experience true Southern Hospitality even in the most unusual of circumstances. I am so excited to share your comments with my staff!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Trussville
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville
Candlewood Suites Birmingham/Homewood
Holiday Inn Express Trussville
#25 of 80 in Birmingham
Courtyard Birmingham Homewood

Been to Courtyard Birmingham Trussville? Share your experiences!