“Great Hotel!!”

Ranked #1 of 343 Hotels in Tai'an
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2010

My sister and I stayed at this hotel in April 2010. We were visiting my nephew, his wife and their new baby son. We could not have picked a better hotel. The staff were very helpful, courteous and could not do enough for us during our stay. The food was excellent as was the rooms and general facilities of the hotel. My sister and I plan to visit Taian again, God Willing, in 2012 and we will definately be booking this hotel. I cannnot recommend this hotel highly enough and would recommend it to anyone. First class!!!

• Stayed April 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
HK
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Hotel is about 10mins taxi away from train station and mountain Taishan. nice hotel, clean and value for the money. I think this is the only 5 star hotel in Taian City.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 11 September 2009

I came here for a some R&R after a year teaching near Shanghai. The staff were fantastic, especially the concierge and housekeeping staff who helped me with their local knowledge re exploring the mountain and town.. Also, the restaurant and business services staff were extremely helpful and courteous.
The place itself was luxurious beyond words, with every wish catered for, at a quite reasonable price. I stayed for five days and was very reluctant to leave. The town is interesting to explore, especially the market area downhill from the hotel, and the townspeople were very friendly and welcoming (they don't see many foreigners).
If I ever get back to China, I'll make Taishan my first port of call.;

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 September 2009

The hotel has good standard, rooms are slightly small. It is good value for money. I missed one or two drawersin the wardrobe, which are always convenient. Bathroom is great with separate bath and shower. Bit small space around the sink to put your own things. A pitty that in the evening there is no bar open in the hotel. Only a Karaoke Place which seem to be gentleman only for 800rmb per hour.... But we are on the country side in China and not in the big city I think this is the best you can get.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
hong kong
Reviewed 28 July 2008

I booked and was confirmed a nonsmoking king size bed room for two days but when I checked in I was informed that this request was only available for one day and I had to packed up and leave the luggages at the hotel and moved into a new room after I fininshed my Taishan tour next morning. After a long debate I was upgraded to a smoking suite but I HATE smoking room and would rather have my simple king size bed room .
I tried to went for a swim but I was told that I must wear a swimming cap and I should make an on spot purchase if I did not have one with me.. This was unheard of before as a frequent traveller and the reason given was there was a hygine concern.
I am not aware of any Ramada hotel has this requirement and I wonder if there is any hygine problem for the rest of the Ramada that do not have this regulation or it was just because of Taian Ramada's substandard filtration system.
I asked to speak to the duty manager but none was available.

• Liked — affordable rate
  • Disliked — unprofessional
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2007

Expedia proved usless and we struggled to find the hotel from the train station, so ensure you have it written down in Mandarin and a map just in case.

That said once there I couldn't have been happier. Particulary for the price and other chinese hotels in comparison...

Really helpful staff and good views of the town and mountain.

• Liked — Service & Room
  • Disliked — Accesibility
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 16 November 2006

This hotel is a great stop if you are driving from shanghai to beijing or vice-versa as it is the mid-point between the two cities, and taishan is an easy city to drive in and out of, basically a one-road town. Located at the foot of the mountain, it is a new, purpose built property with good, modern rooms and restaurants, chinese restaurant is a bit small but the western buffet is great, and they were eager to serve when we arrived as it had only been open a few days. My daughter had her birthday here and they laid on a cake. Overall very good, just hope they get enough business to survive. Not a lot else to do in the city though, but just 5 minute drive back onto the highway!

• Liked — easy access from highway
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — to find it, head to the foot of the mountains!
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled with family