“Wonderful hotel at a bargain price”
Review of Ramada Plaza Taian

Ramada Plaza Taian
Ranked #1 of 344 Hotels in Tai'an
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful hotel at a bargain price”
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We stayed at the Tai'an Ramada Plaza Hotel for one night on the way from Shanghai to Beijing because we wanted to tour Taishan Mountain (one of the sacred mountains of China) and the local temple complex which is a well-kept secret. The hotel was much more luxurious than we had expected for the price we paid (about USD$75/night including breakfast for two plus free Internet). This hotel is beautiful and probably the best hotel in Tai'an (Taishan). Just as nice as any five-star hotel we've stayed in elsewhere. Absolutely gorgeous layout and a short taxi ride from the railway station. The staff were all super friendly and extremely helpful. Breakfast buffet was extensive and better than expected. If you ever have a chance to visit this area, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We had not expected this hotel to be so beautiful, but it was. It is set against a mountainside, is very new, has beautiful, luxurious rooms, with a gorgeous bathroom, and many bathroom amenities. The breakfast was excellent, and the swimming pool area was terrific. We would return to this hotel in a minute!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2010

My sister and I stayed at this hotel in April 2010. We were visiting my nephew, his wife and their new baby son. We could not have picked a better hotel. The staff were very helpful, courteous and could not do enough for us during our stay. The food was excellent as was the rooms and general facilities of the hotel. My sister and I plan to visit Taian again, God Willing, in 2012 and we will definately be booking this hotel. I cannnot recommend this hotel highly enough and would recommend it to anyone. First class!!!

• Stayed April 2010
HK
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Hotel is about 10mins taxi away from train station and mountain Taishan. nice hotel, clean and value for the money. I think this is the only 5 star hotel in Taian City.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 11 September 2009

I came here for a some R&R after a year teaching near Shanghai. The staff were fantastic, especially the concierge and housekeeping staff who helped me with their local knowledge re exploring the mountain and town.. Also, the restaurant and business services staff were extremely helpful and courteous.
The place itself was luxurious beyond words, with every wish catered for, at a quite reasonable price. I stayed for five days and was very reluctant to leave. The town is interesting to explore, especially the market area downhill from the hotel, and the townspeople were very friendly and welcoming (they don't see many foreigners).
If I ever get back to China, I'll make Taishan my first port of call.;

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 September 2009

The hotel has good standard, rooms are slightly small. It is good value for money. I missed one or two drawersin the wardrobe, which are always convenient. Bathroom is great with separate bath and shower. Bit small space around the sink to put your own things. A pitty that in the evening there is no bar open in the hotel. Only a Karaoke Place which seem to be gentleman only for 800rmb per hour.... But we are on the country side in China and not in the big city I think this is the best you can get.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
hong kong
Reviewed 28 July 2008

I booked and was confirmed a nonsmoking king size bed room for two days but when I checked in I was informed that this request was only available for one day and I had to packed up and leave the luggages at the hotel and moved into a new room after I fininshed my Taishan tour next morning. After a long debate I was upgraded to a smoking suite but I HATE smoking room and would rather have my simple king size bed room .
I tried to went for a swim but I was told that I must wear a swimming cap and I should make an on spot purchase if I did not have one with me.. This was unheard of before as a frequent traveller and the reason given was there was a hygine concern.
I am not aware of any Ramada hotel has this requirement and I wonder if there is any hygine problem for the rest of the Ramada that do not have this regulation or it was just because of Taian Ramada's substandard filtration system.
I asked to speak to the duty manager but none was available.

• Liked — affordable rate
  • Disliked — unprofessional
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)