“Exceptional Customer Service”

Yata Fengqing Inn
Timaru
“Exceptional Customer Service”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Jiuzhaigou is an achingly beautiful place. However, our travel experience may sometimes be ruined by other inconsiderate travellers/tourists, which are plentiful in China. For those of you that are accustomed to China, you may know that I'm not exaggerating when I said that mainland Chinese tourists (particularly the older ones) have a tendency to spit wantonly, cutting queue, interjecting into our affair when it's not their affairs to meddle with. And so, I'm mindful of the people that I'm going to bump into should I book myself into chain hotels with rooms aplenty. Being a seasoned traveller, I would like to spend time in a guest house where I have an opportunity to interact with local people. This Inn is exactly what it is, an inn to host overnight travellers. The lady owner is Lady Xie and she's a walking encyclopedia. She knows intimately of this region as she used to be a tour guide. She's very proactive and suggesting me of what to do, where to go, how to do things. Her humanity shines through and she's attentivfe and very willing to dispense useful information to me to ensure that I don't get ripped off, to do things that are meaningful and not being tourist trap. She spent time discussing with me about Tibetan culture, the meaning of Buddhism in her life & in Tibetan life & the list continues. Time flew by quickly as we sipped the Tibetan tea and listening to her tales in the cold night of Jiuzhaigou. I have to say that it's truly an enchanting experience staying there. Lady Xie is concerned about travellers not being able to getting themselves breakfast in the morning before heading to Jiuzhaigou Reserve and so, she adjusted her boarding accordingly to INCLUDE breakfast now to ensure that our stay in this region is a comfortable one. I do feel pampered and spoiled under her team's care. Being a proprietor of a hotel, I appreciate the little gesture that she made and truthfully, the sum of all parts is what we always strive for in hospitality industry. A job well-done and I duly hope that fellow travellers out there shall keep on supporting great people like her to thrive. It's win-win situation, isn't it?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank wiredfrog

Families
Business
Antwerp
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I went to Jiuzhai Valley for our honeymoon. And we booked Langjie at the last minute, which turned to be a very good choice! As we booked too late, the only available one is a very small room. But the reception managed to change us into a much bigger room which is normally for 5 people for our comfortability of the honeymoon, but no increase on price. The restaurant bar behind is very nice too. The dinner price is the same as all the rest restaurants, but the environment is much better, and food was nice as well. You can easily get a cup of coffee and sit there for the afternoon.
The room is rather newly renovated and comfortable/quiet too. It is in a town close to Jiuzhai park, easy access to shops/restaurants. You can easily take a walk to the local villages at night as well.
Actually, on reading some review of Zhuoma, we wanted to change to spend one night there before we left. We took the taxi to Zhuoma, the location is in the middle of nowhere, bad reception, big confusion on price, rooms looked much worse, without private toilet. So we left Zhuoma and came back to Langjie.
The reception was same warm to us and accomodated us in the same big room.
I would definitely recommend this place!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple