“Awesome people!!!”
Review of ClimbDali

More attraction details
Owner description: Climb Dali offers guided trips involving a range of outdoor activities. We specialize in developing custom outdoor adventure programs that include any combination of rock climbing, trekking, cycling, flatwater kayaking, and river rafting, all of which include certified guides and equipment. All of our programs are operated in stunning locations around Dali and greater northwest Yunnan, well off the beaten path. If you want to experience the Yunnan that hasn't been modified for tourists, get in touch with us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I didn't actually get to hike with Climb Dali folks because my stay was too short and it was raining almost everyday.
But i still wanted to go hiking albeit alone. Adam, the co-founder @ Climb Dali was helpful nonetheless. He knows the trails like his own veins. He gave me great tips despite I not being his paying customer. Just goes to show their sincerity towards hikers. Now i am not recommending you to go alone. Call Climb Dali well in advance, find out their dates of hiking or climbing, pay their fee and get more than your money's worth. I know I will do that next time im in Dali!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was in Dali with my girlfriend for a few days and we both really enjoy outdoor sports and things like that so we were looking for something like that to do. We saw ClimbDali online and decided to give it a try. Adam was very prompt in responding to my emails and we made an appointment for the next day. I had never climbed outdoors before, but my girlfriend had some prior experience. The trip was great for both of us. It was fun and challenging and the views were pretty great. Adam was even willing to help teach my girlfriend how to lead climb. This was easily the highlight of our trip to Dali. I'd recommend ClimbDali to anyone, regardless of your climbing experience. Also they have fantastic pizza at their shop.

1  Thank Rwc142014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was a little pricey for backpackers, but well worth it. I have some climbing experience and had a great time doing the routes that Adam and his coworker (forget his name now..) created on a rock face facing Erhai lake. We had a short hike with great views to the rock face where we climbed. I think it was even more exciting for beginners - there were some people in the group who had never rock-climbed before, and I could see they really enjoyed this as their first experience.

Adam and his coworker were really easy-going and made you feel comfortable. I imagine this would be comforting if you are nervous and a beginner or scared of heights.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I came to Dali to escape from the pollution and crowded cities that I had visited previously. I was aware that there was rock climbing in Dali and got so much more than expected. We took a nice little hike to this area on the western part of Erhai Lake, where Adam has set up some easy and challenging ropes courses. The best part is... once you've climbed to the top, you can look behind you and see the most spectacular view of Erhai Lake. It was quite a stunning experience and I would highly recommend climbing with ClimbDali to anyone who passes through this area!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I and my wife had a fantastic time walking in the hills/mountains around Dali. Setting up the trip was easy and Adam replied promptly to all of our email with helpful advice. I was really surprised that we saw hardly anyone else on the paths; just one or two hill villagers gathering pine-cones or going up or down to town for supplies or trade. It really does give you the feeling of being close to nature. The scenery was quite varied, forest, meadows, evergreen and deciduous trees etc. We did one walk in the Cangshan's and another across Chickenfoot. Adam seemed quite knowledgeable about the flora and fauna, as well as having an understanding of the life and culture of the people living in this region. (Not to mention his fluent Chinese!) We were not quite sure what to expect but we could not have hoped for more. After a day of trekking we also appreciated the pizza, salad and beer (competitively priced I might add) in the Climb Dali restaurant/bar to boot!