“A Little Bite of Heaven”
Review of The Sweet Tooth

The Sweet Tooth
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Dali
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The food at the sweet tooth is just that, sweet. The restaurant itself is peaceful, and cute. The owners of the shop are caring, and speak a little bit of English, which makes it a whole lot easier to order food if you do not speak any Chinese. The restaurant can sometimes be a little difficult to find, but if you ask a local, they can help you out.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Last spring, I spent a month in the Dali area and I went back to sweet tooth once a week. I think I have tried all of the treats there. There is not a single one I didn't like but if I had to choose a favorite, I would recommend the Ugly Brownies or the White Chocolate Cheese Cake. When I came back with my family for a week, we went twice! Highly recommend it, and to boot, it employs disabled people. I think that it is great that Sweet Tooth is supporting them.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Excellent cakes, especially the unbaked cheesecake, and brilliant baguette sandwiches. I also highly recommend the cookies.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We kept coming back, as we liked everything we had here. First of all, they have real cheesecake, which can be hard to find. Secondly, they have freshly squeezed juices. The apple juice was great. Third, you can get a whole carafe of coffee. For me, one little cup just isn't enough. We also had the chocolate chip pancakes, the mint chocolate chip pie, cocoa cheesecake muffin-like thing, and fruit smoothies, which were all very good.
The restaurant is staffed by hearing-impaired workers, but I never had any trouble communicating with them. They actually had a better comprehension of English than must places we went.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have been coming here for years and recommend it to all our guests. When they visit old town we always recommend a stop to have an afternoon delight. The ambiance and staff cannot be beaten as they are always so accommodating. The pies, cakes, and breads are always fresh and chewy – never tough. Their logo “with a thumb up” says it all.