My sister and I stay in the lovely one bedroom villa for 4 nights.. It is in a unit by itself with entrance gate, private yard and its own jacuzzi with lounge chairs. Outside the villa unit, the beautiful grounds with trees and ponds along the walking path provides a serene and peaceful environment away from the hustle and bustle of the old towns outside. We get up early in the morning , take a walk to breathe in the fresh air and get ready for the tour of the day, At dusk, a stroll along the garden path, with the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain as the background, is as releasing as you can get in this historic town. Our villa is right behind the front office, so walking to the front entrance, the restaurants, the bar is quick and easy. The breakfast has wonderful choices that include flavors from different parts of China, the buns and dumplings from the North, small dim sum type dishes from Canton, spicy Szechuan foods, famous local Yunnan noodles, and cakes,, as well as Western pan cakes, cheeses, various type of breads, eggs cooked to order, bacon, ham, sausages, the usual. Dinner is at a different restaurant with a beautiful pond in the middle of the building. Menu includes many well prepared dishes. A good and healthy way to taste the famous local flavor using fresh ingredients with skilled culinary art. We contacted Lily Zhang of LiJiangXinTuo, as recommended by several reviewers of Tripadvisor. She arranged all the tours to the old city, the Lijiang Impression (a must see, and worth the extra cost to get the VIP seats, so you don't have to fight the huge crowd to get in and out , sit at the center stage with no one waking back and forth in front of you ), trip to the Jumping Tiger Gorge and visit local villages. She also arranged the airport transfers. We later found out, there are plenty of taxi to go to airport, and from the Lijiang Old City to the hotel. You must bargain to get a good price though if you do not wish to use the meter. Service at the hotel is impeccable. Front desk manager made extra effort to solve my problem with the cell phone using local SIM cards. When I called about my i phone 5 not able to fit the docking station (like most hotels, they are still using i phone 4 models), the hotel asked me what kind of music I like, and deliver numerous CDs for me to listen to. While we were touring the Old Town, we also check out the grounds of Crown Plaza and we believed we have made the right choice staying at Banyan Tree. Even though the villa is a bit pricey, it is worth every penny of it. We have stayed in many luxury resorts in different countries, this is definitely one we will come back to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historic charm, rich culture and sweeping landscapes of Lijiang, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Located in the highlands of Yunnan province, the resort is adjacent to the Na'xi minority old town of Shuhe and only a 10 minute drive from the ancient Silk Road town of Baisha. Situated close to the base of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, it is surrounded by high peaks and hidden valleys, making it a photographers dream. Many unique experiences are ready to be enjoyed as you explore the back streets of the ancient towns, traverse the mountainous landscape to Tiger Leaping Gorge, Wen Hai lake, or take a cycle trek through the foothills to remote Yi villages. For a more leisurely experience, indulge in one of the many luxurious treatments available at the world renowned Banyan Tree Spa. With clear blue skies for nine months of the year, enjoy a breath of fresh air and escape to the tranquility of Banyan Tree Lijiang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Banyan Tree Lijiang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Lijiang Hotel Lijiang
- Banyan Tree Hotel Lijiang
- Lijiang Banyan Tree Hotel