Free cancellation until 27/07
Agoda.com
US$70
US$65
  • Breakfast included
The Bruce Chalet(Lijiang)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$34
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$231
US$207
US$460
US$274
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The owners are young talent Chinese couple, they are well educated and friendly and hospitality,also extremely helpful. The room is clean and cozy, I love the bed sheets so much that I want to take them home haha. The location is excellent, in the middle of old town but unbelievable quiet. The yard is old fashion, I feel relaxed sitting with the owners and having a cup of tea. The last but not the least, Wamao - the dog is handsome and emotional, he can laugh and cry. I highly recommend this lovely inn.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Lynnlin077
Reviewed 12 May 2011

My wife and I stayed here during our visit to Lijiang. The Wamao Inn is a cozy place with clean rooms centered around a small courtyard. The owners were very helpful. They pointed out places to eat, set up our horse riding adventure, and even woke up early to make us free breakfast (Baozi) on our last morning. We will definitely stay here again. On a side note, the Inn is named after the owner's dog, a friendly border collie, who welcomes you back after each visit into the old city or wherever you go.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank joshuao
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Sorry Chunsheng & Dongdong but being busy during whole January that I dont even have a sec to write a trip report!

I would say It was so delightful about our choiceduring our anniversary trip in December, and It was the best days we've spend in Yunnan in our journey!

After a 5hours long coach journey from shangri-la we were warmly greeted by the owner Chunsheng, right outside the entrance of the old town. The little inn was incredibly well designed, the room was filled by a comfy king bed, a large LCD tv and a big modern bathroom equipped with luxury amenities.

We've got a detailed map right after we settled, all about old town and a bunch of local's favourite restaurants. Having had the best breakfast in our life during the stay!!

A journey to the surrounding was a must have for most tourists, thus our trip was negotiated by the owner with a very decent and unbeaten price from hight street !

Pros,
1. Comfy bed with thick curtain, well, I had better sleep than some 5* properties.
2. We had a whole roast pig party during our stay!
3. You'll get satisfaction from whatever you asked, if possible.
4. Eva and me love the table games with neighborhood guests !! But there's no chance Chunsheng could be beaten in any ways...
5. We love Wamao! and Qingpi..miss both of you!

Cons,
1. The cleaner must be more responsible for her job.
2. NOTHING.

Thanks for your great hospitality, and it was probably the most wonderful memory in our life! Hopefully we'll see you again very soon:)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank frkstyle
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I stayed here for three nights. While I was there I was the only Westerner but there were some other Chinese guests. Since the Wamao is small you get to know everyone staying there. The Wamao (cat on the roof tiles not dog as the last review states) is family owned with the owners being very presonable and helpful. The Inn is located close to a vegetable market which is really fun to visit as long as it does not rain. Recommend the Wamao Inn.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank jamejonus
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Stayed here for couple of nights coming in from Kunming and as a staging place for Shangrila. Located within old town, but not too close to the noise of the bars. 5 rooms so you will chill with your neighbours and get to know everyone. Owners are young, chilled couple who will take care of you (take you shopping so you don't get screwed). Wamao (the dog) is one of the friendliest creatures you'll meet. Enjoyed my stay immensely.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends