We are staying at the Banyan Tree & my friend recommended the Pullman Lijiang so we decided to go for a late lunch today, August 16th at the Western Restaurant since after 3 days of eating authentic Chinese dishes we were craving for western food. The dining experience was really not pleasant - the Tagliatelle with Beef pasta we ordered - was not hot (room temperature) and not al dente and the Wagyu Beef burger we requested to be well done had blood & we had to ask to re cook.
When we paid our bill, they swiped my card and it went through since the bank sent me a message that the payment went through. Something happened that the paper I am supposed to sign did not go through and the wait staff tried to swipe my card a 2nd time even though I was showing the payment went through already. They called the supervisor who recommended I sign a blank piece of credit card bill so they are safe and they will cancel on monday - I explained to them that they had a problem & they need to fix this with the bank since I paid & the money went through - not to burden me & try to charge me 3 times.
I will not recommend dining here - it is a nightmare - especially if you are on a holiday. Big mistake to leave the Banyan Tree - the team is nice and polite and smiling - but the food is not up to the quality of a hotel, the follow up service by the supervisor or duty manager if there is a problem is to throw it back to the client - I left my room number at the Banyan Tree for them to contact me if there is any problem but the solution of the duty manager, the quality of the food - is not a pleasant experience especially if you are on a holiday - will recommend local stand alone restaurants - better quality and no hassle. It was too stressful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located adjacent to ShuHe Ancient Town and 10 minutes from downtown Lijiang and the heritage listed DaYan Ancient Town, Resort boasts beautiful, upscale design within traditional NaXi style buildings. As well as 51 spacious rooms, Resort offers 79 villas with private courtyards and mountain views, superior facilities and technology including WiFi access and connectivity panels, plus extensive conferencing facilities, a spa and lakeside dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Lijiang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Lijiang Resort And Spa
- Pullman Lijiang Hotel Lijiang