“Loved it!”

Ranked #13 of 923 Hotels in Lijiang
Halifax, Canada
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We loved this hotel -- definitely different from the generic concrete and glass Chinese hotels. We were welcomed warmly to the hotel by Rita and staff, sharing delicious meals with them. Thank you so much. We had a great view of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain from our spacious and beautifully furnished room. If you want to stay in a quiet, pleasant, interesting hotel out of the busy centre of Lijiang, this is it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OWCAW
BaishaHolidayResort, Front Office Manager at Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you so much for your precious review!
We are glad to know that you like our hotel and our service!
It's our pleasure to have you stayed in our hotel and enjoyed your time here with us!^^
Hope to see you again here in our hotel or even somewhere else in this world!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We chose to be away from the crowds of LIzhang and try the smaller village of Baisha for a night. The hotel is new, clean and has a lovely ambiance in accordance with the local architecture and furnishings with appealing wood work and carving typical of this region. We felt it was great value for the money. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and sweet to us and assisted us with travel arrangements, translation etc...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
It's really happy for us to get your nice review!
We are glad that you like our decoration and our service!It's our pleasure if we could be helpful^^ if you are getting tired of modern civilization,Baisha old town absolutely is a nice place to stay!Hope you come back to enjoy the peaceful here again!
Lijiang, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This summer, I came to Lijiang with two friends. Baisha Holiday Resort was the place where we have stayed three days. I have to say, it's so fatastic and unforgettable. The location, the room, the food, the people there, all of them are best. But the most important is that, it was the first time I felt the real freedom and relax in my heart. I didn't need to think about the work, the relationship. I could see the Yulong snow mountain in my room. I was so surprised to see glistening white snow in such a summer day. There was a pretty girl who was unsophisticated and enthusiastic. She told me many things about Naxi Peole and the custom, as well as tought us some Naxi language which we were very interested in. What;s more, we happened to spend the Torch Festival. The 24th june of lunar calendar is the most ceremonious torch festival of yi nationality, so does Naxi. We had a very good time that night. We standing around to dancing, there was a big turch in the center. It was the first time that I found we can play so happily and self-forgetfully with the people you were not familiar. It was a homelike and fatastic resort and we had a pleasant time.
Joy October 10, 2013

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
BaishaHolidayResort, Front Office Manager at Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much about the great review for our hotel.We really happy to know that you have spent nice time here.Naxi is the minority nationality of China.and only some minority nationality Chinese will celebrate the torch festival.:) So that's awesome for you to join that.:)
We wish you can come here again to enjoy the sunshine and beautiful view of YuLong snow mountain~
have a nice day!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

The hotel picked us up at the airport and welcomed us late night. we were upgraded to a room upstairs. The room was nice and had a big bathroom. We especially liked the shower area with the lights heating up the area and spacious. But the water was either burning hot or cold. There is a TV but never worked not that we really needed to watch TV. We really liked the beautiful Chinese style (NanXi) environment with a view of the Yulong snowy dragon mountain. As the other customer mentioned the kitty there was very playful and cute.

However, please be aware the hotel will try to pressure you to visit the Embroidery Institute nearby and purchase their art products. I think the hotel is getting a commission by selling the embroidery arts. They were too aggressive. I don't like that at all.

Also, we are not sure where Charlie the owner is even though we received all the emails with his signature on them.

In my opinion, it is a nice countryside hotel with a local flavor but if they want to open their doors to the international customers they have some work to do.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Second floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JoyPeaceToWorld
BaishaHolidayResort, Front Office Manager at Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
thank you so much about your comment.
we are always looking for the suggestions to help us doing better.
about the water,we are looking for a way to solve it,thank you for mention it.
sorry about the TV,its in Chinese,we should have tought you how to open it.thank you for mention it.we will give our customers advises about travel if they need,if there's any misunderstanding about this,we are feel sorry.
you are always welcomed to our hotel!
have a nice day!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Let me start by saying that this establishment is beautiful in every way. I was so excited when the host showed us our beautiful rooms (rooms 203 and 204). The grounds are beautifully kept, and they had a charming kitten that the kids loved to play with. Free wi-if was also a plus. However, in room 203 there was a foul odor coming from the bathroom (forgot to mention that the bathrooms were gorgeous too. Very modern and huge). At first, it wasn't very strong, but during the course of the day, it got worse. I didn't want to change rooms, however, by dinner time, the smell was overwhelming. I asked to switch rooms. They gave me room 204 which wasn't as nice, and only had a king sized bed. Since it was only for one night, we dealt with it. When I talked to the receptionist, she said "maybe, they didn't clean the bathroom." We kept our luggage in room 203, and early the next morning, I caught the receptionist showing that room (with all our luggage in it) to another couple. I rushed over to make sure that no one took any of our belongings while they looked at the room. It would have been more appropriate if they had asked me first before doing so. I also noticed that after we took our luggage out of room 203, the housekeeper did not change the sheets in that room (my son took a nap in that room prior to dinner).

Considering that there were former complaints about the smell in the bathrooms, you'd think that they'd get it fixed. The smell seem to come from the sink, and smelled like a sewer. Our stay would have been excellent if it weren't for the smell. The staff all spoke English, and we did enjoy the grounds, but I can't give this hotel an outstanding rating.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CheetosHu
BaishaHolidayResort, Front Office Manager at Baisha Holiday Resort Lijiang, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you so much about your long review!we do appreciate for everything that you mentioned.
So sorry that the smell make your holiday being imperfect,we'll fix it as soon as possible!thank you for point it out to us!:)
we'll do it better.
next time you come here,you'll see a new and nicer hotel!
Kunming, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

It is not the first time i came to Lijiang, but it is the first time I stayed in Baisha Holiday Resort. It gave me a very deep impression that the hotel is as warm as a home. The waitors and waitresses are so kind and hospitalized. They shows sincere cares to every guests, always smiling. During my stay there, one waitor helped me find my purse I forgot on the Taxi. Besides, the decoration and furniture of the hotel is typical. I love those ancient funiture in my room very much. I felt relaxed staying in the mini-bar and talking with those kind Lijiang people.

Room Tip: The Sight-viewing Room is worth of your choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your revew!
we are glad to know that you love our hotel and our service.
we do hope you come here to stay in our hotel again!
Dali
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

It's my first time to live in such a kind of amazing hotel, it's so so great. Everthing in here makes me in a happy mood. I'm so fascinated by the picturesque environment here--troditional house, considerate service, comfortable living enviorment, delicious meals... Special thanks to your hotel, I spent two good days..

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review!
its our pleasure you like our hotel,and we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your time in our hotel!
we do hope you come to visit baisha and stay in our hotel again!
Take care!