All reviews hwee ling homemade jams garden yard boutique hotel hand drawn vegetable plots old town hot dish tiger leaping gorge shuhe town felt like home family suite home away from home dumplings perfect stay stayed longer the location is perfect
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Shuhe in itself is a wonderful place, the region is fabulous and the Bivou's staff and accommodation neatly complete the experience. This is not luxury in the sense that the location and property is somewhat rustic and more organic. But it is terrifically charming and all our needs were met and far more than that. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed by the experience.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank itinerantHongKong
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Great place, highly recommended for travellers requiring a little luxury en route to Tiger Leaping Gorge and the Haba Mountain trips ( Bivou organise these trips and do all the liaison as well ) - useful if you can't speak any chinese)

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Rooms are ultra modern retrofitted into old town building. The room space is not huge, the bathroom is lovely. For non chinese speaking foreigners, maximally friendly and english speaking staff, which can be a huge plus. Breakfast is lovely. The only downside to the hotel is that there is not really a common area - there is a perfect dining area off of the front desk area, but other than that not much in the way of common spaces, if that is your thing.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2018

This review comes almost 6 months too late but my 4 days spent in Lijiang and at the Bivou were the highlight of my trip to Yunnan. The Bivou experience started even before I landed in China. Bivou staff quickly responded to my queries on email and so kindly helped me book my overnight train ticket from Kunming to Lijiang. Not only did they book a ticket but they also tried hard to secure the best bed (bottom bunk). When I finally arrived at the Bivou I was pleasantly surprised by the well-maintained traditional Chinese building decked out with all the amenities of a modern English cottage. They allowed an early check in and even fed me breakfast (think home made jams, warm bread and made-to-order eggs), which was wonderful after a long overnight train ride. Next the staff were able to give great recommendations for a solo traveler. They took in account that i was an avid tea lover and pointed me to a beautiful tea store selling quality puerhs. They planned a electric scooter route around Lijiang that took me past farms, undulating hills, and historic temples. Hwee Ling even convinced me to eat the Bivou restaurant where I ate a delicious burger (was a little tired of Yunnan food by that time) for cheap. All in all, 10/10, will recommend the Bivou. Hwee Ling has worked tirelessly to create a sincere and catered experience for any type of traveler.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Trip organized by agency so that we did’nt know anything before getting there Has been fantastic two nights stay in a quiet environment with all required amenities provided by friendly staff We feld at home

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple