All reviews hot towels interior decor is local market ancient town minute walk day tour tiger leaping gorge hotel is beautiful the hotel staff buggy culture la han storey key bedding china
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

At first glance this hotel is beautiful and luxurious. Then just below the surface the flaws emerge. First, location. They are 12 minute walk down dark alleys to the edge of the old village. Next, the bathroom situation. Both shower and separate toilet stalls have barely frosted glass for doors that you can see right through. There is no actual separate bathroom, just an open alcove with a sink so zero privacy. Then there’s the breakfast place—in a separate facility either five minutes walk or golf cart ride, not very convenient for supposedly 5 star property and mediocre offerings. Lastly the noise level is like an echo chamber so when any guest passes by or checks out at 5 am (which happened) it is incredibly loud so very very unpleasant. There are many beautiful luxury hotels in great locations. Stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

The hotel is right in the Ancient Town. Different from the other Lux (I stayed in Lux Belle Mare in Mauritius in 2017), this one is a boutique hotel. We stayed in room 09. The room is called suite but actually not so big as the same category in the other brands, and it is not cheap (comparing with the Intercontinental and Indigo nearby).

We booked the 3-night package in Lijiang area. Tiger Leaping Gorge Carole is really good are worth visiting. And Leon accompanied us during the journey and is really helpful.

I highly recommend dinner and coffee bar in the hotel. Breakfast is not at the same level as their dinner, could be better.

Staff here need more training. Housekeeping left our door unlocked after cleaning our room (the room need to be locked by key). Front Desk forgot to return the deposit until we mailed them and few of them speaks English(but Leon is helpful enough for everything).

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Ok, but could be better. This hotel is not cheap. However the breakfast is terrible and not worth getting up for. We skipped two days of it. We had to sit on a buggy to go to the next building to have breakfast. Cafe was super small, only about 8 tables.

Hotel location: Conveniently at the corner of the old town.

We had a bad start, having arrived at 1am. Our family was seperated to two different storeys. Even though i have made the request to the travel agent to have adjacent rooms. Not sure who is at fault here.

Room- Cleanliness, interior decor is good.

Staff at the coffee joint is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about coffee. Should visit.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel location: It is located inside the South side of the Old Town. KFC, Starbucks are just around the corner.

Hotel lobby and ground: The hotel lobby and rest of the hotel areas are kept very clean and new. No problem there.

Room: If you are a light sleeper, absolutely avoid rooms facing the front entrance of the hotel. The biking and pedestrian road in front of the main entrance of hotel is extremely noisy during the night because of the other tourists dragging their luggages on the stone road going in and out of their hotels all night long.

Cleanliness of room is OK, interior decor is great and unique.

Toilet facility is good. Amenities are good. Beddings and pillows are OK. For a fussy person like me, I am perfectly O.K.with the room.

This trip was our Anniversary celebration trip and I need to thank you very much for the Front Office Manager “ Candy” for arranging such a romantic decoration for us(please see photos). Candy was very helpful and very professional. After the first night of stay, I found out our room was very noisy at night because it was facing the road and Candy helped us to switch to another room which was facing inside of the hotel and was very quiet. She also Recommended lots of places for good food and what to avoid. However, She seems to be the only professional person in this hotel. The rest of her staff is either lacking in customer service experience or they are badly trained. Not helpful at all.

Now let’s talk about the breakfast: first the breakfast area is not inside the same building of the hotel. Guests need to walk outside the hotel building for about 5 to 7 mins to another building to take their breakfast there. I suppose if the weather condition is O.K then it would still be workable but as you know, Lijiang often have showers and as a guest I would hate to walk under the rain just to get to the breakfast room. The stone road going to the breakfast building is very muddy and wet after the rain.

Breakfast quality is really bad here, first there were limited choices for breakfast, kitchen staff do not fill the empty food container of the breakfast table. So if you are a late riser then you will not have anything to eat. I went one morning for breakfast only and that was it. I took my other breakfast in Starbucks . As you can see from my profile, I have been to many hotels and trust me this breakfast is not worth getting up for.

Also, this hotel has no concierge so if you want to ask for places to go and advices to how to get somewhere then you are on your own or you can do internet search.

Overall, if they keep their recent pricing, I would definitely come back for stay but not food. If their prices increase more, I would definitely book the Intercontinental hotel which is just right next door from this hotel. The hotel staff training and breakfast are much better than here.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2018

This year on my birthday I chose to traveling with my family in Shangri-La. One of my friend highly recommended me to spend few nights in LUX Tea Horse Road boutique hotel, which locates in a beautiful small town Benzilan in Yunnan province,China. We landed at Shangri-La airport around 10p.m., and after collecting our luggages we saw the hotel chauffeur driver Yong holding a name board already waited for us out of the airport exit. Yong is a Tibetan young fellow with excellent driving skills, especially during night he drove us to the hotel steady and safely. We arrived at the hotel around midnight, surprisely the hotel general manager Daniel was waiting in the lobby for us. During our check in, the hotel staffs Angel, Bella & Martin offered us welcome drink, hot towels, and of course the traditional Tibetan Hada (a piece of silk used as a greeting gift). Very good first impression about this hotel. The hotel room is extremely clean and tidy with flower decoration on beds. I felt hotel staffs pay attention to details and offering personal service. For my birthday dinner, the hotel restaurant staff Alisa highly recommended us to try their famous yak hot pot. The yak meat is very tender together with their traditional hot source tasted so delicious. After finishing our main course, Alisa and Wendy surprisedly offered us a birthday cake, which was specially ordered by Daniel the hotel manger. Alisa & Wendy sung the traditional Tibetan birthday song for me. I’ve been touched by their wonderful service and had an unforgettable birthday night! The hotel facility is very mordern and during night Alex together with other hotel staffs will decorate the swimming pool area and show movies alongside the pool. Having some snacks with Shangri-La local beer lying beside the pool feel so chilled and relaxing. The hotel also offered us lots of one day tour, such as hiking in the forest with BBQ or picnic by the riverside, sightseeing to the Meili snow mountain,etc. You will never feel boring while staying in LUX, even grab a cup of coffee in LUX cafe and spending whole afternoon to read an interesting book. After staying few days in LUX Tea Horse Road hotel, I’ve experienced their personal service, considerate, and comfortable environment. I will definitely come back for another holiday and highly recommend to all of my friend!

UAECC