“Was disappointed with my stay”
Review of Hotel Kastil

Hotel Kastil
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Bol
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I was really excited about staying at the Hotel Kastil after cruising their website and in the end was disappointed with my stay. The rug in the room smelled very musty. The bed was extremely hard, the staff was not very friendly however, I did feel that the room was one of the cheaper options in Bol. I ate at the lovely restaurant right next store that has a lovely little second floor balcony with the best view of the sea I had during my whole time in Croatia. The food was excellent. in general I was disappointed with Bol, even the beach which was packed and not any more stunning than the beach in Brela (where I had come from that morning, and wished I had stayed).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 June 2011

The Hotel kastil is in a really lovely location by the harbour with some great views, its about a 20 minute walk (lovely scenery to the beach) to the famous Zlatni Rat.
It is right in the centre of the village close to all the bars and restaurants and I really liked the fact that we stayed here rather than the Elephusa as you have the village vibe and can people watch from your balcony.
Breakfast is quite basic but its situated on the terrace where you can sit and relax with great views of the sea.
The rooms are basic and the tvs are quite small, but to be honest that doesn't matter as you won't be staying in the room that much.
The shower and bathroom is great and our bed was really large and compfortable.
Staff were really friendly and helpful.. if I ever go back to Croatia I would have to go back to Bol and I would saty at The Kastil.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony..
Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We have just returned from 10 days at this lovely hotel in the beautiful resort of Bol on the island of Brac. I holidayed with my husband and 2 single friends. We travelled with Completely Croatia (thoroughly recommend them) and chose this hotel after reading the reviews here and we were not disappointed.

The situation is ideal, opposite the harbour and right in the centre of things - this is a small resort. The season was just beginning to get started so not too busy. The hotel is lovely, all the rooms face either the harbour at the front or at the side. We had room 210 on the 2nd floor and had a small balcony which was above their pizza restaurant. The views were lovely (there are pine trees obstructing the total view of the sea but they added to the charm). Yes the rooms are a bit small but how long are you in them? Saying that I unfortunately had D&V for 3 days so did have to take to my bed for a couple of days but it wasn't a problem. When my husband told Ivana one of the receptionists that I was poorly she quickly arranged for me to have a 'salty' beef consomme to help me. One of my friends was also poorly witha chest infection and straightaway reception offered to get a doctor for her.

The famous Golden Horn beach is about a 3 km walk away. I thought the sunbeds and umbrellas were pricey at 40 kus (about £5) each so we invested in really comfy foam beach mats at 90kus which were sold everywhere. Bargain! Whilst we were there the Croatian National wind surfing championships were held for 4 days off this beach. Lovely to watch. There are also smaller beaches towards the monastry. (beds only 25kus!!)

There was something soothing about getting ready to go out to the strains of the very good guitarist playing at the Pizza restaurant nightly and as it finished at 11pm this was never an issue for us. In any event the double glazing was very effective.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and regularly changed. There is a safety box and an minibar (doubled up as a fridge for our water/eats) in each room. There was a good shower in the bathroom (everything spotless) and a hairdryer but this wasn't very effective. The breakfast was good with enough choice for us. Perhaps the only negative for me was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities but this seems to be the norm in a lot of hotels nowadays but I missed my morning cup of tea! How British!!! The reception staff Vicko and Ivana are so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and we found this with all the staff. They are a very happy bunch and that says a lot about the hotel.

From our 2nd Saturday, the breakfast terrace became the fabulous Vursio restaurant in the evening and we ate there on our last night. It was more expensive than any of the others we had eaten in, but that was justified by the superb food, The head waiter is delightful and is also a very good wine waiter too. My husband and I both had steak which literally melted in our mouths. One friend had a fantastic tuna steak and the other had a very good lamb. Well worth the money.

We have already decided to go back next year. We met so many lovely Croatian people during our stay. They are so friendly, polite and well-mannered. This was my first trip to Croatia but it will not be my last and this hotel has been added to my list of favourite places to stay!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony - lovely
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank chris3101
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We stayed in this hotel 3 years ago and chose to stay there again for 2 nights this year on our second visit to Bol. The rooms are quite small but clean and comfortable - perfect for a short stay and in any case we spent very little time actually in the room. There's a decent shower and windows which do a good job of shutting out most of the street noise. Breakfast is a good selection of the usual Croatian staples - breads, cheeses, charcuterie, cereals, yoghurts, dried fruits and I think scrambled egg and hot dog sausages. Staff are welcoming and friendly on the whole. The best thing about the Kastil however is that it's in an ideal location right on Bol harbour and with great views across to Hvar. Beaches including Zlatni Rat are within easy walking distance and there are some nice hikes either along the coast or up Vidova Gora behind, but it's great to be in the centre of the village with its cafes, restaurants, bars and shops rather than stuck out in a faceless resort which could be anywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adidasfish
Reviewed 7 December 2010

This was one of our favorite hotels in a 2 week stay in Croatia during peak season. The staff was lovely, accommodating and friendly, and the food in the restaurant-- we had breakfast and dinner-- was top notch, some of the best seafood we had. My husband and I wanted to avoid the "cruise-ship" experience, as I think the Lonely Planet put it, which is what you find directly on the Zlatni Rat beach. A short, pretty walk to the famous beach and a better location for nightlife than staying in one of the big resorts. Also try the great doner kebab by the bus station!
One of the highlights of our trip, we'd stay again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We were really impressed with the Hotel Kastil. It's been beautifully refurbished and is located right in the centre of the town. The staff were very helpful and breakfast on the terrace was lovely. Only point to watch for is that there is singing in the restaurant below but only till 11pm so fine unless you want a very early night.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Stayed for five nights. Room overlooking harbour with small verandah. Room small by Uk standards but exceptionally clean and good shower. Rooms serviced daily and bed, whilst not the biggest, was comfortable. Hotel staff were excellent and obliging.
Being at the front of the hotel does mean that you get the live music from the restaurant below but it didn't go on too late.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bol
Hotel Bol
Waterman Svpetrvs Resort
Hotel Lemongarden
Hotel Lemongarden
#1 of 1 in Sutivan

Been to Hotel Kastil? Share your experiences!