“Beautiful location only steps from the water with lovely views”
Review of Taverna Domizana

Taverna Domizana
Ranked #23 of 44 Restaurants in Cavtat
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located in one of the area’s most pleasant settings Bay Zal in Cavtat with a amazing view of Dubrovnik.We are proud to serve the best and freshest authentic Croatian cuisine in Cavtat.Our menu is crafted with a prime selection of meat and fresh seafood with an emphasis on localproduce. We also offer great selection of pizzas and vegetarian dishes.Domižana is the only restaurant in Cavtat offering old original Dalmatian specialty fireplace bakeddishes and food cooked under the traditional iron bell. Choose from selection of Croatian red and white wines with an excellent selection of local wines.Restaurant capacity of 250 seats is ideal for large groups and organizations of various festivities.Enjoy live entertainment with traditional Dalmatian singing and dancing groups.We invite you to experience unforgettable moments in pleasant atmosphere of Restaurant Domižana .
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our waiter, allan, was very friendly
And attentive. Food was very flavourful and it was so nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of the stari grad in dubrovnik. We sat right on the water outdoors. Ordered the grilled squid, pork kebabs, mediteranean salad and gnocchi. Everything was cooked to perfection. Prices were on par with other dubrovnik restaurants. If you want to get away from the chaos, i would definitely recommend.

1  Thank mj1970499156

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I came here with my girlfriend last week, we had the fish platter to start which was OK, good selection but overloaded with muscles (as they are probably the cheapest) and they were cold. It is not enough food for two people as a main course. The setting is somewhat disappointing. Service was good and Goran was very helpful however this does not take away from the disappointing and over priced food. They also add a cover charge onto the bill which i haven't experienced in other caveat restaurants. If i were you i would go to the restaurants in cavtat town centre. There was also limited choice with most food being a 'side dish' which cost the same as main dishes would in England. the only option is to have overpriced meat or fish. It is disappointing our meal was not the best as we were looking forward to eating here.

3  Thank filo196
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food, location and setting were excellent. A short walk from the centre of Cavtat (15 mins ) round the bay. The food was very good freshly prepared and well presented. Excellent service from the friendly waiters.

2  Thank SteveAndKarenGideaPk
Reviewed 26 May 2014

First I would like to a huge thank you to all the staff in particular Goran the restaurant manager a true professional and Milan the owner always on hand to make sure you felt nothing was to much trouble.

My wife and I recently organised our wedding celebration down in Cavtat, and chose the Domizana after looking at several as the restaurant. Partly because of their professionalism from the start but also because the guys were so genuinely friendly.

Both my wife and I work in the restaurant business with my wife also on a regular basis organising VIP receptions for the Embassies so we have a fair amount of experience. With this in mind we can still give the Domizana 5 stars, we were so impressed we took the whole family back there a few days later for a fair well dinner, and once again everything was perfect, we even come away with a few ideas.

Location stunning, food presentation and taste outstanding, table settings perfect, service professional to the end and value for money, when they went to give me the itemised bill at the end I told them I didn't need it, I had a figure in my head and the cost that the evening ( both ) didn't come close.

Once again thank you, and we shall see you again soon, even our two year old daughter is looking forward to going back for her lolly pops.

2  Thank Steven G
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We ate lunch here on most days and dinner once, huge portions but delicious food. I left my camera and phone here and hubby returned 3 hours later to find Antonio had put them away for us remembering that we were coming for dinner later in week.Lovely place to sit and relax and watch the world go by

1  Thank Caroline M