“Amazing”
Review of Villa Ivy

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavtat
Villa Ivy
Ranked #2 of 21 Cavtat B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We have just got back from a weeks stay at Villa Ivy and if you are reading this and trying to find somewhere to stay in Cavtat then book now as you really won't find anywhere better. It really is the best place we have ever stayed. The location is amazing - we stayed in the mountain apartment and having arrived at night we couldnt believe it when we woke up and saw the amazing views over Cavtat, the mountains and the coast . The apartment was spotless and fitted out to a really high spec. Everything has been thought of - iron, dishwasher, coffee machine, full sky package, toasters but also the smaller things like cling film, tea towels, wine buckets, dressing gowns, slippers, books, DVDs - and the list goes on. Geoff and Helen are lovely people and really care for their visitors. We woke up on the morning of Jons birthday to find a card and bottle of bubbly on the doorstep. Geoff also brought us herbs and freshly baked bread on a night that I was cooking. We couldnt have asked for anymore and for that reason I think they truly deserve to be at the top of trip advisor.

1  Thank LizTHuddersfield

Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was my 4th stay in Cavtat having previously stayed in 2 of the top hotels and a Croatian family apartment. Villa Ivy has everything that you will need for a self contained holiday apartment. Comfort is key here, the best of everything is supplied in all areas. M & S towels are in plentiful supply for the bathroom also nice towels for around the pool. The well equipt kitchen will allow you to feel right at home if you wish to cater for yourself. You will want for nothing as everything, and more, has been suppled. Little extra touches like towelling robes and slippers all add to the comfort of your stay.
You will be greated by the warmth and hospitality of Geoff and Helen who will settle you into your apartment as if you were visiting friends. It is obvious that Villa Ivy is a labour of love to them and generously shared with all who stay there.
I will be returning to Cavtat next year as, in my opinion, it is the most picturesque place ever. I will definately been staying at Villa Ivy.
The highlights of my stay were the mountain trip with Geoff, the lovely meal at Dalmacija and, of course, the most fabulous views of sea and mountains from my apartment.

Room Tip: Fabulous views from all apartments.
1  Thank nannysue
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We booked our holiday on the recommendation of my daughter who visited with her family last year.

The reviews confirmed their experience of Villa Ivy. From our pick up at Debrovnik airport we could not fault the holiday. Geoff and Helen's desire to ensure our stay was perfect was apparent in the standard of the apartment and their knowledge of the area.

Another season and Geoff and Helen's enthusiam has not changed.

Croatia is a destination to be explored and no better place than Villa Ivy at Cavtat to stay.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Fantastic time had by all at Villa Ivy, Geoff a wonderful host, with plenty of local knowledge. Apartment was spotless, no hesitation in telling others from down under to stay there.Trip Advisor reviews were spot on, a wonderful place to stay, wish we could have stayed longer.Hope one day to get back there, thanks Geoff for making my birthday, a special one to remember.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linross_11
Reviewed 18 October 2011

What a gem! Self catering accommodation at its very best! Villa Ivy is the most welcoming, homely, spotlessly clean, modern villa with everything you could wish for. The villa is furnished to a very high standard; you need for nothing it is all there. The terrace and the pool area are lovely and the spa jets in the pool are great for relaxing.
We arrived at our destination to be greeted by the lovely Geoff who made us feel very relaxed immediately. He is the most generous person with his time and his local knowledge which is invaluable for shopping, trips and tips and history of the area. He made our week’s holiday very easy, relaxing and memorable. (the mountain trip is not to be missed)
We are looking forward to returning to this beautiful property and spending more time with Geoff and Helen.

Don’t hesitate if your looking, get booking you will not be sorry!

Room Tip: All the rooms are well appointed and have lovely views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I have just returned from Villa Ivy, Cavtat. I have never been to Croatia before, so went into everything with an open mind, just so I could draw my own conclusions after my one week stay. Let`s just say, at times - time itself stood still. Not only was the villa outstanding in looks from the outside, it was a real haven of warmth and good feeling inside too. A special thank you must go to Geoff, not only for his prompt collection from the airport, but to say thank you for your time is showing us around the stunning surrounding areas!
The weather was amazing, infact, I have no neutral comments about anything - never mind negative!! As I was in Villa Ivy the same time as `Richard C` - who wrote a review about the pool being cold, all I can say is "What pool was he swimming in !?!?" the temprature was more than enough. Each day average temprature was 28 degrees ................ enough said I feel.

The whole experience of Villa Ivy, has left me wanting more !! Go for it - it will be a holiday you will never forget. 10/10, many thanks Geoff and Helen !!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott G
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Despite all the good features of Villa Ivy, we experienced one major
shortcoming. The main reason we chose Villa Ivy was that it advertised a solar heated pool.
Unfortunately during our recent stay from 19 September to 7 October, the water temperature in the pool never exceeded 22C and for most of the time was only 18C..This was much too cold for swimming. If you visit Villa Ivy after the middle of September and wish to swim in the pool , you may well be disappointed (fortunately the sea was quite warm).

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple