“First rate restaurant in Cavtat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Dalmacija

Restaurant Dalmacija
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Cavtat
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle
“First rate restaurant in Cavtat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent two nights in this lovely town and would love to go back for more. Our small hotel turned out to have a wonderful restaurant. Our waiter, Louro, was extremely accommodating and made sure we got exactly what we wanted, which was not quite what was on the menu. Lobster with risotto was superb, and far better priced than many nearby restaurants (which often charge 500 kuna--about $100--for local lobster), and we ordered some simply grilled fish of the day, which everyone seems to do well. Appetizer, salad and especially the crepes with sour cheery dessert were all great. We drank Croatian wine with dinner (never a disappointment), and were brought a little local brandy after dessert. Don't miss this place.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“poor view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We visited this restaurant on a cold day at the end of the season and ate in the main building, we could only see the street, the food and service was good, and the price was around the average for Cavtat. we visited last year and the experience was a lot better when the weather was good, we will visit again if the weather is better.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Better options nearby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

The food in this restaurant was ok, but not spectacular. It felt a bit overpriced for the quality of the food and the portion sizes. Better options are available nearby. The compulsory cover charge also didn't do much to impress us!

• Visited September 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Top Notch Nosh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

This was our favourite restaurant in Cavtat - we ate here three times! The food was delicious - especially the "sizzling steak" served on an iron platter which just melted in your mouth! We also had lobster and a lamb dish. The food was well presented and there was an excellent choice of Croatian wine. The staff were very happy and the service was first class. I would certainly recommend this restaurant - we hope to go back again next year!

• Visited September 2013
Strabane, United Kingdom
“Best soup in Cavtat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I suppose that when you go back to a restaurant you have to have enjoyed the first visit! I found the staff here knowledgeable and attentive, the service excellent and the food superb! I am not basing my rating on a gourmet restaurant basis but as a resort restaurant this is as good as I've had. On our first visit my wife had the tomato soup which she raved about so much that we both had it on the second visit. Best I've ever had (and that includes everywhere I've eaten). I had sea bass on my first visit and the chicken in mushroom sauce on my second. Both were polished off and the grilled veg and rosemary potatoes were beautiful. My wife had red snapper on the first visit and the lasagne on the second. She thought the lasagne was better than mine and it doesn't get much better than that! I see the gripes about the 'cover charge'. If you don't want it send it back!! It's hardly a bank breaker! Lovely place and great people!