“Perfect Holiday”

Villa Voinic
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
“Perfect Holiday”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just back from 2 weeks in Cavtat, have been previous 2 years as well and this was the best apartment we have stayed in. I was with my wife and 2 daughters (8 & 11) and we couldn't have hoped for more from the apartment. The family that own the apartments were friendly throughout our stay, giving us beer and orange juice on arrival and giving us a free lift back to the airport at the end. Yes the apartment is up a hill but its only 5 mins from town centre and proved no issue at all to us, the girls didn't even comment on it.Added bonus of a good size swimming pool which is rare in Cavtat which we used on a regular basis. Already planning on booking the same apartment for next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JAM-1807

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I've visited Cavtat 11 Times now and this is the first time I've stayed at Villa Voinic and my favourite place. The owners are extremely friendly and very welcoming. He also gave us a lift back to the airport which was very appreciated. The apartments are in perfect location. Short 5 minute walk to the centre. There is also a great sized pool which we took full advantage of. Our rooms were bright and airy, and cleaned every day. The owners also own restaurant Ivan in the centre. Food was great and service excellent. Will definitely book again for next year. Coming from Scotland we try to visit cavtat as often as possible. Thank you family Voinic was making our holiday fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank edingirl1
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We used this apartment our last night in Croatia because it is so close to the airport. But if I had it to do over I would have stayed here instead of in Dubrovnik and just taken the bus the Dubrovnik. Dubrovnik is SO VERY FULL OF TOURIST! So is Cavtat really but not swimming with them like Dubrovnik. The apartment was so clean, very well equipped kitchen, two bedrooms and two balconies. It is a very steep walk back after a visit to the village but I think it was good for us. It is also a little difficult to find but we got instructions from someone at the tourist information.

The landlord took us to the airport at 5:00am in the morning and charged 100 Kunas, which was a very fair price, we thought.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon I
Limavady, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We only used this apartment for one night before departing from the airport. Sat. Nav. got us to the correct address, otherwise perhaps rather difficult to find. Parking is available. The owner was very helpful. A small swimming pool was very welcome. There is a good discount if you eat at Ivan's restaurant down the steep hill leading to the harbour. At the foot of the hill turn to the right, not the left. The harbour splits into two sections. To our surprise we met our apartment landlady there. Turned out she also owned Ivan's!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Talan7
Leeds
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was our first time in Croatia and we will definitely be back. We prefer a small and friendly self-catering base and Villa Voinic did not disappoint. Our room (no7) on the top floor had an amazing view over the bay which changed beautifully with the light of the day. It was homely, spotlessly clean, with super comfy beds. The small bathroom was very modern and had a great shower. There was a single run of units with a double hot plate electric stove and fridge – enough to make a basic meal should you wish to. It was excellent value for money. Ivo, the owner welcomed us with a bottle of wine and also gave us a free lift back to the airport. Midweek we also found a further bottle of wine had been placed in our fridge. A very kind gesture.

The Villa is on a hillside (hence the fabulous view), it is an easy 5 minute walk down to the front but probably takes twice as long coming back…! There are a fair few steps involved so wouldn’t be suitable for anyone with walking problems. It certainly toned our calves.

Cavtat is beautiful and picture postcard pretty. It was the final week of the season whilst we were there (last week in Oct) so was quiet and one or two of the restaurants had already closed but we there was still enough open for us to enjoy some fabulous, reasonably priced meals. It was a joy relaxing with a glass of wine at one of the bars overlooking the bay or eating a delicious home made ice-creams from Paradiso strolling along the waterfront.

If you are able, I would highly recommend walking around both peninsulas of Cavtat Bay for the stunning views, visiting the mausoleum on the hill, taking the bus to Dubrovnik (to walk the cilty walls, have lunch at the top of the cable car station, stroll the Stradum), catch the water taxi back and don’t miss sitting on one of the 4 benches strategically placed on the headland, just past the Church of Our Lady of the Snow to watch the incredible sunsets!

We loved it!

Room Tip: Top floor at the front for the fabulous view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cathy T
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Lovely apartments on the hill out of Cavtat town - and its quite a hill! The apartments are old fashioned, but spacious and clean. The beds are really soft - had a great night sleep!
The owners are great - really friendly without being over-bearing. They will drop you to the port or the airport for no extra charge. There is a small pool with a nice terrace. Would definitely recommend for the cost conscious traveller.
Cavtat itself is definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor to get the view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
CASSINO
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My first impression was, the lovely greeting I received from the owner - Ivan, and a lady from his staff, who would not allow me to carry my luggage to the top floor.
The room was rather like a bedsit, with a small balcony - but certainly acceptable, the views are stunning, so reserve the top floor if you can.
It is most unsuitable for anyone with a disability, and certainly not for the faint hearted! walking up the hill is tough, and especially in the heat, however - nothing is too much trouble for the owners, all you have to do is ask.
I went to their restaurant, which is fab - I could have sat there all evening, the food and service was second to none (Ivan is the name) don't eat anywhere else, it's right next to a pretty marina, and opposite a bus station. (not forgetting the delicious apple and pear liquor) which Ivan's wife makes.
There is three son's who treated me like a VIP, and afterwards "George" the English equivalent, drove me back to the villa (no charge) and likewise his father drove me to the airport (no charge)

Beware of the water taxi to Dubrovnik - the door opened as I was leaning on it, there was no catch fastened, thankfully I was holding on to something else with my right arm, otherwise I would have been in the water, scary! the life jackets were stacked next to the skipper, so my view is - if there is an incident......

Cavtat is a very pretty place indeed, however a week would be enough in my opinion.

Room Tip: This is my first stay in Cavtat, and if I return - I would be happy enough not to look any further t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo