“Lovely little place”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We had a couple of meals here during a week long stay in the area. The food was fresh and delicious and the waiter was always very polite and would tell us little stories about the area and the food. You also get a stunning view of the sea. One of our favourite places to eat in cavtat

Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Glenrothes
“Our favourite”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed in Cavtat from 10/05 - 17/05.

My partner and I ate at this restaurant 3 or 4 times. It is the only place we ate at more than once which should give an indication of how much we enjoyed it.

Regardless of what we ordered we always found the food to be delicious. A selection of meat, fresh seafood and pasta dishes are available.

The chap who runs the restaurant (Edvard I believe), is a friendly chap who people clearly warm to. I should imagine he gets a reasonable amount of repeat business as he treats people well and obviously takes pride in his work. He offered to take us to the airport for our return journey but we already had plans in place.

My other half had accidentally left a souvenir she had bought in the restaurant and the next day the two cooks made the effort to return it to us at the apartment we stayed at. They were aware that we were returning home that day and so wouldn't be back.

Back to the restaurant itself, I need to mention that Ciparis is also an excellent place to stop for a drink with nice views over the water and a nice atmosphere. It is positioned at a nice halfway point between some of the hotels and apartments at the other side of the village and the centre.

We plan on returning to Cavtat probably next year and Ciparis will most likely be a regular feature of our holiday.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Danny H
“Very surprised .. Very impressed ”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I've just spent the last week in Cavtat on business. I've dined out every night. As anyone who follows my profile knows " I am fussy ". Tonight was a gem of an evening. My starter was a mixed salad. My main was local tuna( cooked to perfection).. My wine was local white .. My bill €20 The best cooked meal of the week. There was no other restaurant, and I've tried another six , to come close to this for quality. As I leave tomorrow for Ireland it is my regret that tonight is my last night. I greatly like good quality food, this place is worth a visit and has that quality.

3 Thank MrGalway
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Try somewhere else”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just back from an evening at this restaurant - sadly the best thing I can say about it is the Wifi connection is good!
Meal was very poor. Caesar salad was a mixture of lettuce raw onion, fatty ham slice diced red peppers,sliced tomato. Grilled chicken main was covered in a strong sauce reminiscent of burnt onion.
Not a pleasant experience. No wonder my husband and I were the only patrons.
Not very often Trip Advisor reviews get it wrong - sadly the reviews for this lace are no longer worthy of the 80% rating.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Sandy B
Belgrade, Serbia
“Tabacco”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Nightmare all in all.I read comment of man from ireland,he was right.I cant imagine how this is even on list for restaurants,this is not that.Only service at one point was ok,thats why i gave them 2 stars.Never again

1 Thank mladja54