“Great staff and fabulous location.”
Review of Hotel Cavtat

Hotel Cavtat
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Cavtat
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Great staff and fabulous location.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Cavtat for a week in September 2013 on a half board basis.

Before we arrived in Croatia I had a minor issue with our holiday company. I was under the impression that I had booked a sea view but was informed days before we left that the sea room views were fully booked. I was in correspondence with Matea on reception about a taxi transfer and happened to mention my disappointment about not staying in a room with a sea view. She very kindly accommodated us in one of the 'sea views' at the back of the hotel. While we weren't situated adjacent to the sea, we still had a fantastic view encompassing the bay and surrounding countryside (see photo). Matea did a great job and along with the rest of the friendly staff, she helped make our trip even more enjoyable.

We arrived at Hotel Cavtat late at night, long after the dinner service finished. After check in reception arranged for cold meats, salad and breads to be bought to our room which were much appreciated after our weary day of travel. First impressions of the reception area were positive. The hotel presented as very clean and smart. There was a pleasant fresh smell throughout.

Our room was spacious with plenty of storage options and a handy desk. I wasn't too fond of sleeping on two single beds pushed together to make a double, but this was a very minor irritation and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was perfect for two and the hotel provided good quality toiletries. The balcony was large enough to accommodate a table and chairs which were nice to sit out on in the balmy evenings.

The following morning I was pleased to see that my first impressions of the reception area extended throughout the rest of the hotel. It was smart and spotless throughout. My partner and I ventured down to breakfast whereupon we had a great selection of English and continental options to choose from. We ate breakfast on the terrace right next to the sea and were very pleased with ourselves indeed!

After a day of exploring the sights of Cavtat we returned for our evening meal. There was a wide selection of hot main meals, salads, vegetable side dishes and deserts. My partner and I really enjoyed the food that was on offer throughout our stay. Only one or two dishes were repeated throughout the week so there really was plenty of choice. We could choose to sit inside the restaurant or on the terrace. Occasionally a live band played during dinnertime which was tasteful and good fun.

A lovely aspect of the hotel was rooftop terrace complete with infinity pool. While the sunbeds were great to relax on with a cocktail or two, unfortunately the pool was absolutely freezing. My partner and I dipped our toes in almost every day but on only one occasion did we dare to venture in! It was still beautiful to look at and I'm sure in the baking summer heat, a chilly dip would be most welcome. However we did not miss the pool at all as we swam in the sea every day.

Hotel Cavtat is located in the middle of Cavtat right by the sea. Everything is within a five minute walk. The hotel offers wonderful views of the surrounding natural beauty,

The weather was perfect throughout our stay and I cannot recommend Cavtat enough to other travellers. The beautiful harbour side has a very laid back and sophisticated vibe without being expensive or pretentious. There is much to do in Cavtat and around the Dubrovnik area. My partner and I would love to return for more adventures and would not hesitate to stay at Hotel Cavtat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hbrew
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear hbrew,

thank you for your kind words even after almost year stayed with us!
It is really nice to read over and over again, and to be proud on reception staff and all my Team.
I'm really happy that you were pleased during your stay, like we are always trying to treat our guests.

I'm really sorry that you didn't have an opportunity to be allocated in one of our best rooms, but as I already mentioned it is nice to hear that we did good job and you still really enjoyed.

For this season hotel has been renovated in terrace and restaurant a la carte area. We hope that you'll be one of our guests who will enjoy it.

Kind regards from sunny Cavtat,

Ivo Sutalo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Finnish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Cavtat for 4 nights from 26 April this year. Just a short drive from the airport, it is located in the prettiest bay I think I've ever seen. The view from the sea-side of the hotel and from the roof is to die for. We found all the staff so friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the beds were really comfortable. We particularly liked to sit by the window at mealtimes as the restaurant looked out over the bay. Although it was cold, we both used the pool even if it was just to say we had. I only braved it once but my husband went in twice.

The town is a short walk, down hill from the front of the hotel or a flat walk if you used the sea-side entrance. All the bars and restaurants along sea front served drinks and various menus. We went out every day despite it being rainy two of the four days. On our second day there was a Christian Youth festival on the dockside with mass being said from the deck of a boat. The weather that day was beautiful and the volume of people visiting the town made it feel like the height of the season. You can also walk around the headland which is a really pretty walk. And the mausoleum was well worth the trek up. Such a beautiful and peaceful place.
Dubrovnik is 35 - 40 minutes away by bus or boat. We did both and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We didn't realise when we booked, but our first night was the hotel's opening night but they seemed well prepared, although our room was rather cold. We would definitely go back to this hotel, probably a little later in the year. June or September was the advice given to us by one of the local bar owners.

Overall, this hotel is a gem and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: If you get the opportunity to request it, ask for an uninterrupted sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank h1ppych1c
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear h1ppych1c,

I can't find enough words how to thank for posting such a wonderful feedback about your stay with us!
Your words really made my day. It is always nice when people appreciate your hard work during winter season, and even when it is not something perfect (as you stayed with us first week this season). It is always nice to welcome guests who truly understand all positive and negatice effects in our job.

Our hotel is getting all time good rates due to new design, constant renovation and of course hard work of my Team.
I am glad that you all noticed it.

We are waiting for your return!
In meantime we are sending you the warmest regards from Cavtat,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel July 2012, we had a lovely room at the front of the hotel with fantastic views. The room and hotel overall was very clean and tidy. We stayed Hals board and the food was very good. Cavtat is a lovely little resort, beautiful walks round the coast and a bustling harbour where I personally could sit for ages just people watching!! Easy to get to Dubrovnik, by boat or bus. The pool was not there when we were there last time so this is just an added bonus to a fab hotel. We are returning to this hotel in July this year so I hope we love it just as much on our second visit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with sea view, it's fantastic.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank SueCos
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear SueCos,

thank you for sharing your experience with us with all TripAdvisor's visitors.
Hotel is little bit changed until your last visit. The rooms and other public areas are renovated, swimming pool is built on the roof terrace with its magnificient view.

This season our guests will have an opportunity to enjoy their time on our renovated terrace in new restaurant a la carte.

I hope that you'll visit us again in our new atmosphere.

Kind regards from Cavtat,

Biggar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

lovely views from our balcony.food ,staff & room excellent as was the weather.great location only negative comment not enough sunbeds at pool only managed to get beds once.looking forward to our stay in july.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
15 Thank 750margaret
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Maurice K,

thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about our hotel.
It is so nice to read all positive comments about our services, our staff, our location,.. especially now, when we're planning and attending new season.

We are all waiting one month to pass to open our hotel. This season you will enjoy our new renovated terrace and restaraunt a la carte..

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again!

In meantime me and my Team are sending you best regards from sunny Cavtat,

Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I tend to go for the smaller hotels, we think you get looked after better. We stayed at the Hotel Cavtat a few years a go half board, the food was very good and we always had our breakfast and evening meal on the terrace overlooking the sea and small harbor it was perfect. The staff were so friendly and helpful they made you feel very comfortable and relaxed nothing was to much trouble for them. I think our room was the best one in the hotel, it was on the top floor in the middle and looking at it from the road below it looked the biggest, it was very nice and the views were fantastic. Cavtat is a beautiful place, there is plenty of activity day and night so you wont get bored and its only a very short drive from the airport. We would highly recommend Hotel Cavtat, we had a fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking sea and harbor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Maurice K
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Maurice K,

thank you for your lovely feedback about your stay with us! It is so nice of you that you still remember spent time with us even you've stayed few months ago.

So much appreciated that you took some time to share it with all TripAdvisor's visitors.
I can't find enough words to thank you for posting such a beautiful comments about our hotel, our services, our staff.. Every member of my Team is grateful as you noticed their hard work and all their attention to every our guest.

We hope that we'll have an opportunity to welcome you again! We are preparing for new attending season!

Warmest regards from Cavtat,

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for £250 for the room b&b for a week through booking.com and I was on the whole really pleased. Wonderful setting, clean rooms, loved the buffet breakfasts. The bar and outside terrace is great. The rooftop swimming pool was small but stunning with a nice rooftop sunbathing area. The only negatives for me where the double rooms where two single beds put together with separate sheets - I don't mind the two beds put together as long as there is a double sheets and duvets to cover it. The other was that beautiful as it was -the pool was very cold. So cold that we only ventured in once on the hottest day this however didn't spoil the holiday as there are plenty of places around Cavtat to swim and the water was lovely. Cavtat is a beautiful and great place to stay, there are plenty of restaurants and bars and easy to get to Dubrovnik. Also easy transfers to and from the airport. The town was quieter because it was the end of the season but we had a lovely relaxing holiday.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Abigail H
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Abigail H,

thank you for taking the time to write feedback about your holiday with us!
It was our pleasure to welcome you, and we truly loved to have you as our guests.

Regarding to single beds in room, we found it the easiest way, as some guests want to have twin beds, and other double bed, so in that case as yours we just put it together.

It is so nice to read that you had wonderful time in our hometown, and in our hotel.
We hope that we'll have an opportunity to welcome you again in future!

Kind regards from Cavtat, and have a happy merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed during the last week of the season 2013. Staff were generally friendly and helpful especially the waiters who were great characters! Food was as expected considering the hotel cost although we preferred the salads/cold buffet to the hot meals offered. Cavtat is a great location and very pretty place to stay with regular boat trips up the coast. Great views from the bedrooms.
Most guests when we were there were British and we were made very welcome. Thank you for a good start to our holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Sueondartmoor
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Sueondartmoor,

It was our pleasure to welcome you during last week of this season! You had really luck with magnificient weather to enjoy your vacantion in our region.

Thank you for your kind review regarding to our staff, our cleanliness, service, etc.
We hope that it wasn't your last visit to our beautiful country and our friendly hotel!

Also, we hope that next time you'll put all best rates to our hotel! We'll try to do our best to improve it!

Many thanks and kind regards from Cavtat,

Ivo Sutalo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavtat
Hotel Croatia Cavtat
#6 of 17 in Cavtat
Hotel More
Hotel More
#10 of 67 in Dubrovnik

Been to Hotel Cavtat? Share your experiences!