1,366 results
All reviewsrooftop poolsea viewlovely hotelhalf boardthree starevening mealsea fronttiha bayplenty of choicebathing platformfew minutes walkthe busshower cubiclefourth floorold townbars and restaurantsmain harbour
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is friendly, easy going and wonderfully informal hotel. We ate our evening meals at the hotel, and found the food to be varied and tasty.The hotel staff and the local population made us feel very welcome. The management can be proud of their staff, for making everyone feel welcome. We spoke to an elderly couple who were on their 12th visit to this Hotel, a great recommendation. The roof top pool area gets very crowded, so we did not get chance to use the facilities, but the sea side area more than made up for this, and was more enjoyable.

Room Tip: A sea view with balcony.
1  Thank jgmail2010
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear jg2011England,

Your amazing words really made our day! Thank you for sharing your experience with us with all TripAdvisor's visitors!

What a wonderful feeling when you read that our staff and local people is so kind, and when someone really noticed it.

As you could see, we have many guests arriving year after year, which is I believe he most reason our beautiful people and of course stunning Cavtat!

It was our honor to welcome you in our hotel! We hope that you'll visit us as soon as possible again!

In meantime, please receive the warmest regards from sunny Cavtat,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Excellent location, handy for the local bus into Dubrovnik and getting to the Airport. Plenty of local Tavernas and good excursion available to be booked locally. We had atrocious weather but it didn't dampen our opinion of the hotel. Only downside due to the bad weather no bar area to sit in and enjoy a glass of wine as it was all outside on the waters edge

Room Tip: Rooms with small balconies and sea views are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eileen687

Dear Eileen687,

thank you for taking the time to post wonderful comment about your stay with us!

As I can see, you were with us in April or beginning of May when we were still doing some refurbishment in our bar /restaurant. I'm so sorry that you didn't have an opportunity to enjoy it in beautiful terrace in nice weather as it is now, and in indoor modern designed bar/restaurant.
We hope that you'll visit us soon to see all our improvements and to enjoy much more!

Anyway, it was really our pleasure to welcome you as one of first guests in this season!

Warm regards from Cavtat,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was our 3rd visit to beautiful Croatia, 2nd visit to Cavtat. After seeing Hotel Cavtat and it's location on our 1st visit to Cavtat and after reading the reviews we decided to book into it this year. Unfortunately we were very disappointed after the hotel had spent all their time and effort refurbishing the hotel, it all seemed to have been done on a tight budget. The bedrooms were extremely small, air conditioning was not switched on although it was 30 degrees. We were informed that the air conditioning was not switched on until July and August and when they eventually switched it on after all the complaints it was very noisy and totally inadequate. The shower in the bathroom was extremely small and caused us to bang our elbows on the shower doors. The room let in light from the corridor at night due to the ill fitted doors not meeting against the doorframe. Breakfast was awful!!! Not enough poolside beds, broken and mildewy parasols that kept blowing over. If you wanted the toilet whilst using the pool area you had to go down 2 floors. Plus points the sea view was fab and position for local restaurants excellent.

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must
4  Thank Shani W
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Shani W,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after stay with us!
I feel so sorry that you didn't like our hotel. There is so many issue which you wrote, but I truly hope that you said it to our reception staff while staying with us, as we would do our best to resolve it.

It is always better to resolve it on place, and not after staying. Anyway, it help us a lot to improve all our services.
I have to tell you that price between our hotel and hotel 5 stars are not same. Our hotel is doing small refurbishment every winter to get better 3 stars hotel with 5 stars quality, even when it is too hard to please everyone.

I apologize for broken parasols due to storm and heavy rain, but new are still on way to come in our roof terrace.

Regarding to A/C, we have turned it on one month before it is written in all brochure. Maybe, we didn't turn it on only two days when it got warm, but then we realized that we should turn it immediately. We apologize for this two days getting to hot in all hotel.

You wrote that breakfast is not in your taste, I feel so sorry to hear that, but I have to tell you if you compare with other hotels 3 stars or even 4 stars, you'll always find good and tasteful choice for yourself.

Hope that in future time you'll visit us and you'll change you opinion about our small, but friendly hotel!

I please you to tell us all negative comments while staying with us, to resolve it while you are here with us!

Best regards,

Ivo Sutalo

Reviewed 30 June 2014

just returned having spent 2 weeks here.

Location
Excellent location. Within 5 minutes of Cavtat harbour and Directly opposite the wonderful sea. If swimming, it is advisable to wear shoes because of the pebbly surface and numerous sea urchins.

We found the food ok but nothing special. After a few days it all began to taste the same. Salads are excellent though. We were half board and wish we had gone self catering or bed and breakfast as their are some wonderful eateries in and around Cavtat, which generally offer very good value.
One thing which irks me, but which is common with many hotels is the fact you cannot get tea/coffee, water, juice at the evening meal unless you pay for it. It is supplied at breakfast after all. After paying for half board I should not really have to pay for water etc to accompany my evening meal ( alcoholic drinks are different).

I am going out on a limb here but we found the hotel in General lacked atmosphere. The dining area lacked soul. Perhaps pictures on walls, candles on tables and lower lighting may help here.There was no entertainment to speak of, no inside social area if there was inclement weather other than the new bar area. This is quite nice apart from some seats being reserved for an England World Cup game. My wife and I paid a lot of money to stay at this hotel and were turned away by the barman. It was raining heavily and we were forced to walk into Cavtat to another bar to watch the game.

Watch out for the glass double doors. They are not marked clearly enough and my wife walked straight into one and bruised her head. Be sure they are open before walking through.

Rooms were quite good and regularly cleaned. We had a front Room and the views were excellent.

The pool area looked nice but we never used it, preferring instead to swim in the sea.

The hotel staff are friendly especially in the dining area.

We went to Dubrovnik which is well worth a visit but try and go early to miss the busy crowds.

Sea kayaking is great fun if you feel adventurous.

Turn right out of the hotel and there are some nice places to eat about 100 yards away.

Cavtat is lovely and we would return but probably not to this hotel. We would go self catering

The large majority of guests were over 50. We saw no children during our stay

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear AndrewjoBlackpool,

thank you for taking the time to post your review about stay with us!
I feel so sorry to hear that you haven't find good taste of our food choice.
I believe that if you were visited our new bar/ restaurant', you found something delicious from our menu in a la carte restaurant, if you didn't prefer our buffet dinner.

I have to agree with you in one thing, that everywhere in the world in all hotels I haven't find something to drink free of charge, only maybe water and juice on breakfast. We offer good choice of drinks but also for reasonable prices.

After speaking with my restaurant staff about that situation in bar, they responded me that it was marked that table is already reserved by some other guests. We are sorry for this inconvenience, I please you that next time you can seat next table or ask for another.

I hope that you'll visit us next time to change you opinion about our atmosphere and to see al our improvements!

Best regards,

Ivo Sutalo

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just returned from a fabulous trip to Cavtat and Hotel Cavtat,hotel staff were all friendly and helpfull especially Matea who had answered some queries for me before I booked and the happy smiley "Thomas" up at the pool bar who tried teaching us a few words of Croat.We had booked half board and were not disappointed with choice at meal times,"warm" food is the norm for most other European countries.Rooms have been well decorated but I agree could do with a couple more drawers,bathrooms only small again not much space for toiletries but didn't let this spoil anything.Sea view rooms worth upgrading to even with "trees." Walks around headlands are stunning and the harbour and boats lovely to sit have a drink and watch the world go by.Getting in to Dubrovnik is easy either by bus or boat and well worth a visit,as this was my reason for visiting Croatia but so glad we chose Cavtat to stay in.The best recommendation though is that my husband would return here(he found his paradise in a tiny place in Greece 20 years ago)and nowhere we have been to between returning there has ever lived up to it,so top marks all round.Thanks again for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms worth the upgrade
1  Thank Kathmull

Dear Kathmull,

thank you for sharing your experience with us with all TripAdvisor's visitors!
Your words are so much appreciated!!!
I'm happy to hear that you made booking through our director of Sales and Marketing. So happy, to hear that my Team is so good doing their job, and trying to help you to make you holiday unforgettable!!

It think is because of all them your vacation is memorable, and Cavtat is now your paradise is in our beautiful Croatia!!
Thank you for being our guests, it was really our pleasure!!

Looking forward to welcome you again!!

The warmest regards from small piece of heaven in the worlds,