Hotel Cavtat
Castelletto(Cavtat)
US$73
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Bacan Serviced Apartments(Cavtat)(Great Value!)
US$40
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,191 results
All reviewsrooftop poolsea viewlovely hotelhalf boardevening mealsea fronttiha baythree starthe busshower cubicleplenty of choicefew minutes walkbathing platformfourth floorold townstar hotelbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2014

the hotel looks lovely,very clean and bright.it was nice to have free safety deposit boxes in a room by reception.the pool area is lovely with comfortable sun beds, and wonderful views.our room was very nice,we would have liked more cupboard space. we were on the 4th floor with a wonderful sea view from the balcony. the balcony was nice and shady until late afternoon .our beds were very comfortable, and our room was very quiet.the shower was small, and leaked if on full power,but it was o k.all the staff are friendly and helpful.buffet breakfast was o k could do with some English tea bags as mostly English there. nice bread for toast.the evening meals were a disappointment,, the salad was fine,,,, but most meats were very dry,,, and the fish was dry too. puddings were a different colour blancmange each evening, and a few cakes. bed and breakfast would have been better ,as lots of restaurants and bars around.....but we enjoyed our stay,we met some nice people,,in a beautiful place.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms have lovely sea views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bezken
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear bezken,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor's page!

Your words are so much appreciated. I'm delighted to read all positive comments about our hotel, our services, our magnificent pool area, etc.

Thank you also for telling us this small dislikes, which we'll improve until your next visit!

In meantime, please receive our great regards from Cavtat,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We recently spent a week at this lovely hotel. The staff were excellent, attentive and friendly. We had booked half board and found the choice of menu at dinners to be varied and good. Breakfast also had a good selection. The roof terrace and swimming pool were lovely, a pity there could not be more control over the placing of towels on sun beds and then no occupancy of them for a number of hours. The view from the infinity pool was beautiful. Our room was small but we had a wonderful sea view, a joy to wake up and look at such beautiful scenery. I would certainly recommend this hotel and hope to return next year. The reception arranged a taxi from the airport, much better than holiday company transfers.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the front 3rd floor. 308 was very good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christine216
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Christine216,

Your comments are so much appreciated!! Thank you for sharing your experience with us with all TripAdvisor's visitors!

So happy again and again to read how much good guests we are attending every day!!

Hope you'll stay with us in future time!

The warmest regards from Cavtat,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Hotel is so good - lots of smiling people ready to serve you - and enjoying it. Room was great with a 180 degree view of the sea and islands. all the mod cons you expect, bathrooms fab too. We went half board and every meal was fabulous, buffet but cooked according to demand so all good. So much choice at every meal (I have done 5 star before but this is fab)

Pools big in and outside- towel provided free. Bar selling drinks and snacks, golf trolleys to take you into Cavtat where you can get a boat trip to the islands or Dubrovnik. And Cavtat nice to amble in for ice creams (but hotel restaurant has great ice cream bar on top of array of desserts) and you can have lunch watching the luxury yachts.
The cocktails were fab too - not swamped by ice. I have never had a pina colada that tasted that good right to the bottom of the glass!
There are rocks to sunbathe on and by the water they have sunbeds on the grass at the waters edge as well as poolside and there are many areas in sun or shade to explore, and a spa

Room Tip: It's worth paying for a sea view we were on the reception floor and that or higher would be good. Blackout curtains so that you aren't awoken by the sun too early were a boon.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank VamC

Dear VamC,

thank you for sharing your experience with our lovely country and amazing Cavtat!
As you have been allocated in other hotel in Cavtat, we'll pass them all your kind words and regards!

Hope you'll visit our region next season!

Kind regards,

Ivo Sutalo

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I love Croatia and visited for a 3rd time recently. I had gone on a boat trip from Dubrovnik to Cavtat on a previous holiday and vowed to return to this lovely place. I travelled with a friend and booked a room at Hotel Cavtat due to its location and it being a Boutique hotel. It is only 15 minutes transfer from the airport. We upgraded to a sea view room and it was well worth it. We opted for half board and the food was good. The room was spacious and nicely furnished. There is a roof top pool, and a spa where I had a massage. Two nice restaurants are a short coastal walk turning right as you come out of the hotel at the lower sea view exit. We had several lovely lunches at both of these. The main entrance is at the back of the hotel at reception on a higher floor. Continue following this coastal path and there is a large building on the right hand side which is boarded up and cordoned off. I could visualise this as a Boutique hotel with stunning views and was curious about it. I asked a local lady about it and she said many people have enquired but it cannot be sold, it was hospital during the Yugoslavian war. She said we could go under the cordon and take a look, It was sad to see it going to rack and ruin. There are several bars and restaurants at the waterside. We went on boat trips to Ston and Korkula, both interesting places. We spent a day in Dubrovnik and chose to go by bus. When returning late afternoon there was a long queue of locals leaving school and work as well as many tourists so we had a long wait as the buses were full before we were able to get on one. We did a lot of walking in Cavtat. Worth visiting is the Mauseleum high on the hillside and the two churches in the area. It is a delightful place and I hope to go again and definately would stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view on a higher floor. Sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine and the beautiful scenery as the sun goes down is so relaxing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NewquayGlobetrotter

Dear NewquayGlobetrotter,

I would like to thank for taking the time to post such a kind comments about our hotel!
It is so much appreciated!

I'm happy to read that you liked every aspect of our services, our nice and modern decor, our cleanliness, our staff, our restaurant, etc.

Beautiful feeling to know that we truly fulfilled all your expectations.

Our hotel is in stunning location, as many of guests already mentioned. There are lots of places in Cavtat still undiscovered and waiting to be explored.

The region is beautiful, with its cultural and historical stories, and of course amazing nature all around.

Hope you'll stay with us in future time!

We're sending to you the best regards from our small, but friendly hotel!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have just returned from this hotel, stayed from 6th July-13th July. The weather was mostly good however there was the odd thunder storm! This was my first trip to Croatia and I must say, I hope I will be able to come back at some point, I was impressed with the hotel and I fell in love with Croatia. Hotel Cavtat is in the ideal location, there's no steep hill to walk up like some of the other hotels as it is right on the waterfront. It is then a two minute walk to the left and you are in the centre of Cavtat which has everything you need, plenty of restaurants, bars, supermarket, pharmacy, bakers, bank, souvenir shops and of course those super yachts. The bay is so scenic, and the water is incredibly clear.

Our room was 309 and we had a great view of the sea with some trees in front, great place to people watch. If you want a fridge in your room you just ask at reception and you can pay at the end of your holiday. I also asked for an extra pillow which was no problem at all and meant I slept well. There are no safety deposit boxes in the room however you can ask to use one behind the reception. It's also useful to note that you can drink the tap water in Croatia, before rushing off to buy a six pack of water! The air conditioning in the room was very effective and cooled the room down well before going to sleep. The staff kept the hotel spotlessly clean, they all work very hard and they are so friendly.

We stayed bed and breakfast, and it was nice to eat out in different places at night. Breakfast is served from 7-10am and the staff are very efficient during this time at clearing away tables and setting up new tables for other guests. There is a fabulous view of the bay from the dining room. There was plenty of choice and I particularly liked that they had french toast.

The rooftop pool area was paradise, there's no better feeling than sitting in the pool overlooking the bay. The sunbeds were also very comfortable. It does get busy so you do need to get there early if you want to secure a bed. Although you can also lie outside the front of the hotel by the water's edge which is also heavenly, and there always seemed to be sunbeds available there and there is a member of staff around in the morning to help you set beds and umbrellas up.

We bought boat tickets from Michael who sells tours just to the left of the hotel at cheaper prices than elsewhere. You can get a return boat ticket to Dubrovnik for 60 kunas each instead of 80 and it takes about 40 minutes. Be careful on the day you travel by boat as the sea can quickly turn rough, coming back from Dubrovnik was an experience as the sea had turned very choppy! We were warned before we got on the boat that maybe we should take the bus back but we stupidly didn't listen! There is also a bus stop 2 minutes from the hotel with the number 10 bus leaving every half hour to Dubrovnik and this only takes 20 minutes.

Cavtat is on the flight path and you do see many airplanes flying in low to land, although I love seeing planes so it didn't bother me. There seemed to be more on a Saturday, and none fly late at night. This does mean for a very short transfer time from the airport, ten minutes, which is great!

If you are thinking of coming to Cavtat I would recommend this hotel. I would recommend staying bed and breakfast as it would be a shame to miss out eating by the harbour and meals are fairly cheap. I only wish I could pack my suitcase again and return again tomorrow!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room, it is worth it for the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank shell_hell2004

Dear shell_hell2004,

WoW!!!!!! What incredible review!!! You really made my day, and to all my staff!!!

I can't describe you how good feeling is to know that guests had memorable holiday with us. Every our hard work is really worth, especially having guests as you are.

We so much appreciate your lovely compliments, and we would like to thank you for sharing it on TripAdvisor site!

We're counting days to welcome you as soon as possible!!

In meantime please receive our warmest regards from sunny and hot Cavtat,