“Well worth it - stunning views” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 15 things to do in Cavtat
Canberra, Australia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Well worth it - stunning views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

A little hard to find the start, just using the tourist map. If you find the Albatross Hotel then look across the road and up the hill, you will see a small asphalt road going up. Follow that all the way to the main road. Carefully cross the road and look for the billboard which has the map.
This was a fabulous walk - the grade is fairly gentle but constantly up hill along long zigzag paths. The paths slowly make their way up a very steep hill. The views across the coast are amazing. The walk is a little tough on your feet - loose stones.
Once you get to the town, after about one and a half hours, the path becomes much steeper, but before you know it - about 40 minutes for us - you are at the Ron Brown memorial. All the more interesting because of all the controversy surrounding the crash. The path down back to the town is a different one, and a little less steep, then retrace your steps back to Cavtat.
We were not aware of the restaurant until our return, but have been told it features truly authentic Croatian cuisine.
This is a much different walk, and in our opinion more worthwhile, than the more common foot track from Cavtat to Cilipi. Do them both and decide for yourself!

4 Thank Jeanette C

Cambridge, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“3rd time lucky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Took me 3 times to find my way through the village to the pathway. Hotel didn't seem too helpful on a guided route, however on my 3rd attempt I succeeded and had a long chat to a local farmer who was probably about 80 years old, and produced a bottle of Grapper! and insisted I joined him, this was before 8am! This needs to be walked very early in the morning because as soon as the sun comes up it is VERRY hot. The view and the herby smells are well worth the walk.

2 Thank Cate H
England
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Stunning views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This path is very well marked. It is quite steep in parts but generally is quite a reasonable gradient for the first couple of hours. We didnt do the last part so cant comment on that. Watch out for the wildlife, lizards and snakes. Also butterflies and dragon flies in abundance.

birmingham, england
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wonderful views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I agree with GBfromGB2014 - this "walk" is hard work! We are only occasional walkers and I'm recovering from illness, so very pleased that I managed to get about 3/4 way up. Unfortunately, didn't make it to the restaurant, although I suspect we weren't far away. I was so tired I worried that I wouldn't have the energy to return. The path is difficult to find at the start, but once you're on it, it's OK. Some markers giving you an indication of how far you have to go would be useful. The path is covered with large rocks so you have to be very careful about your footing and strong shoes are a must. I found coming down scary, as I can see how far we had climbed. Saying that, I'm glad we did it because the views are stunning and we saw beautiful wild flowers. Next time, I'm aiming for the top!

Visited May 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“what a walk!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

great walk with a sad history. not for faint hearted but throughout the climb you are rewarded with phenominal views and greeted by a wonderful restaurant at the end. youcab come down by retracing your steps-worthit!- or get a bus or taxi. bring plenty of fluids you will need them. suggest going early morning for max enjoyment

Visited May 2014