“The best hotel to stay in Cavtat”

Hotel Croatia Cavtat
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Cavtat
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Hotel Croatia Cavtat was truly a lovely experience. We stayed there for a holiday for two weeks and would have stayed more if possible. Our sea view room had a lovely view to the sea, from the balcony and from the bed. The room itself was very spacious, very clean and had modern furniture- and a fabulous double bed. I have to say that the sleepquality was superb. The bathroom was nice enough to have it to your own home: clean, modern, nice bath, shower and all the necessities you need. Everything you expect from a five star hotel. The breakfast was wonderful. You could easily pick up your favourites from the buffet-style breakfast restaurant and by choice, enjoy it either inside the restaurant or at the lovely terrace wich had a panorama view over the small town of Cavtat and its beatiful landscapes. The first impression when arriving to the hotel and to Cavtat was that you truly know what you had paid for and that you got even more to return! When exploring the town of Cavtat and Dubrovnik you find yourself relaxed and we enjoyed every minute of it. I recommend to take a rental car for a couple of days or more to make some daytrips on your own if possible. We had a rental car for two days and we visited to Montenegro and Bosnia Hertzegovina as well. What a fonderfull scenery!!
And as you can find from the other reviews as well, the location for this hotel is perfect. From the hotel you can walk everywhere in Cavtat and if you want, just take a taxi or a taxiboat to Dubrovnik and you find even more things to explore.

For two weeks stay we had only one small inconvenience. The fact is that some of the rooms in one side of the hotel with that sea view we had, has also a view to the rocky beach next to the hotel (hotels own beach). Otherwise so charming view had a slightly uncomfortable feature of some hotels guest who had decieded to be all nude on that beach even the nudist beach was in another place. This happened many times. The hotel could improve in supervising the use of the beaches. Fortunately this inconvenience we had was not a everyday harm,as we did not spend so much time in the balcony and I must say that the another hotel beach at the bay of Cavtat with a beachbar and supervision was all familyfriendly and very comfortable.

All in all a lovely holiday, Cavtat is a charming place to stay for a relaxing vacation and the Croatia Hotel Cavtat is a hotel to be recommended. And dont be puzzled of the appearance of the hotel from outside: yes it is a huge building but it does not make it any less cosy to stay in. The staff and the rooms and all service comes with a warm atmosphere the same as you can feel it in all around the beatiful Cavtat.

Room Tip: Sea view room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
14  Thank a_trip_to_remember
HotelCroatia, Manager at Hotel Croatia Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your impressions on Trip Advisor web page. Compliments like yours make us proud to work for this beautiful property and encourage us to make your stay even more memorable.

I am glad to see that that you appreciated the comfort of our rooms as well as the awesome location of our hotel. I am also pleased to see that you truly enjoyed both variety and quality of our food.

I really hope to see you soon back to “your home away from home”….

Best regards from the sunny Dubrovnik

There are newer reviews for Hotel Croatia Cavtat

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I have stayed in the hotel for two times (two conferences about energy), and in both cases I had inadmissible problems either on reception or generally with reservation.
The first time, it was November 2010. on International transformers colloquium, when one young man on reception made a big problem for me. Namely, on departure, when I tried to pay my stay, that man, looking into PC monitor, said to me that I need not to pay because it is reserved and paid from my company. When I returned to the company, I came to know that it is not true. I should have to pay the stay on the reception and afterwards the company would return the money to me. Because of that, I had additional costs and problems to pay the stay later on.
That time I experienced one weitress forgot to bring me already ordered coffee.

The second time, it was November 2011. on HRO CIGRE Session, when I had problem with stay reservation. I reserved the stay from 6 - 10. November according the procedure much earlier, in the middle of October sending proposed form by e-mail to one missis (I have her name). When I came to the hotel on 6. November, the man on reception said to me that there is no any reservation on my name. After unnecessary detaining on reception and giving him printed e-mail with reservation form, he consulted with other reception staff and finallly found for me one room.
That time, on departure 09. Nov. as well, the older reception man had big troubles to print the invoice for stay.
Generally, the hotel is too expensive in relation to the level of the service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Josip M

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to see that you had twice a bad experience when booking your room in our property and I truly understand your disappointment.

Hopefully this misunderstanding should not happen any more in the future since we just changed our entire reservation and check-in system this season for a last technology program.

I sincerely hope that this isolated incident will not prevent you from coming back to our hotel and I will be delighted to meet you personally upon your return.

I apologize for these inconvenient and look forward to meet you personally upon your next visit.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed here twice now. When we fly out of Dubrovnik we stay here because it is so close to the airport. The staff here is excellent. Food and rooms are very good. You can walk to Cavtat too site see. There you can find restaurants and bars. You can get boat trips around the coast and to Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MarkCognevich

Dear Guest,

Your comments on Trip Advisor web page have been shared with our staff and we all want to thank you for letting us know about your impression concerning your stay in our hotel.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and food options. We are also glad to see that you liked the genuine Croatian hospitality and the staff attitude.

It is also true that the fact of being located only 3 minutes driving distance from the airport on one of the best possible location of the Dubrovnik coast allows our guests to enjoy their vacation time until the very last moment….

We hope you will join the enormous amount of repeat guest we have the privilege to see coming back year after year to the hotel.

Again thank you and best regards

Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed here for the last night of a two week trip to Croatia/Montenegro because of its proximity to the Dubrovnik airport. Although this is a huge hotel and we normally stay in small, historic places we are sorry we had such a short stay. Our sea view room had fabulous views. Our dinner at the steak house was very good although our waitress had a huge table and looked flustered trying to give us adequate attention (which she did). The views of Cavtat from the hotel are lovely. The town is really cute with good shops and I did my last second shopping here. Would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room for the incredible view and balcony right on the water
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lrising

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your impressions on our hotel.

It is for us vital to receive the feed-back of our clients, so we may try to correct any failure in order to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable.

It is a pity that you did not spend more nights with us and we truly hope that you will return soon to the Croatia hotel in order to complete your first excellent impression.

We shared with our waitress you comments concerning the “Steak House” restaurant and we thank you for that.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2011

First, I want to say our stay at the Hotal Croatia was excellent. Cavtat is near the Dubrovnik airport (about 10 minute transfer). The hotel was always very clean and tidy, and check-in was amazingly quick and efficient. The rooms were a reasonable size, and comfortable. The food was excellent. Considering it was the end of the season, there was always a good selection of freshly prepared dishes. Several of the fish offerings were particularly good.

The resort area is very good for wining and dining. If you are interested in a beach holiday this is not the place for it. The staff were friendly and efficient. The true character of a
hotel comes out not when things are going well, but when there is a problem. We had a mishap which required several stitches. Slobodan drove us to the hospital, and stayed with us, navigating the hospital system so we got the right medical treatment. We felt we were treated like a member of his own family - above and beyond what we would have expected from the hotel staff. We were well looked after. There are several nice trails around the hotel and nearby, and the harbour area was always relaxing and pleasant. We would definitely stay here again, both for the pleasant surroundings and for the food and accomodation provided by the hotel.

Room Tip: We had an inward facing room (rather than seaview) which was cool and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Tom C
HotelCroatia, Manager at Hotel Croatia Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind report on Trip Advisor. It is always with a great pleasure that we received such an excellent feedback of our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed every single facility of our establishment as well as the friendly staff attitude.
I remember you very well due to the accident you suffered during your stay. I will definitely transmit to Mr. Slobodan your words.
We truly hope to see you back one day in our hotel and I send you my best regards from the sunny Dubrovnik.

Reviewed 5 November 2011

I travelled to Croatia with my partner and we loved it. We flew to Dubrovnik airport which is only 10 minutes from Cavtat which was great as we were late arriving due to weather delays in Ireland on the way out. The staff were great from the moment we arrived. We had booked a room with a sea view and we didin't really realise how important that was until the morning! Oh my god what a view. The hotel is located on a peninsula, surrounded by crystal clear blue waters. The water is almost hot which is lovely for swimming in. The really unusual thing about the place is that there are no beaches as such only ways down to the water. Some people may not like this but I found it great because you could swim straight away upon getting into the sea. The hotel in only about 200 steps down to an idyllic little village. There are adorable little restaurants and bars scattered around the port. Each restaurant was nicer than the next and the people all very very friendly. I found our stay in Cavtat really brilliant. You can get a lovely boat trip to Dubrovnik for a small fare. The trip itself is great as you go down along the coast passing the derelict ruins of hotels that were destroyed during the Balkan war. This highlights how this whole area was obviously torn to pieces. Dubrovnik also bears the scars of what must have been a horrific period for the whole region and its peoples. Dubrovnik is great to walk around for a day but we were thrilled to be going back to Cavtat to some real relaxing afterwards. I would really recommend Cavtat and Croatia Hotel to anyone who is looking for a really enjoyable relaxing time in a fabulous and interesting region of the world.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view, its well worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Ivor O

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to report your impression concerning your holydays in our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed every single facility of our establishment as well as the friendly staff attitude, this last point being the most important. We, at the Croatia hotel, think that our business in all about attitude and we do our best to make our guests feeling like being at home.

It is true that the surrounding of the hotel are just awesome and we are lucky to enjoy this environment on a daily basis.

We truly hope to see that you will come back soon to visit us again.

Best regards from the sunny Dubrovnik.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

This hotel was in a lovely location and the room and spa were lovely. Cavtat itself was a lovely place with plenty of bars and restaurants.

We stayed half board and ate breakfast and dinner on the terrace and this had a lovely view down on to Cavtat bay. The food was good with plenty of choice. However the service at breakfast and dinner could of been improved.

The room was a good standard and we had a balcony with a sea view. Housekeeping came each day and the only thing I could fault was that they didn't hoover the room during the stay.

The spa was lovely and we made use of the steam room and paid for a massage. It was a nice to have the indoor pool too.

There isn't a sandy beach but there was a terrace and flattened rocks to sunbathe on that lead down to the sea.

You can easily take a water taxi from Cavtat to Dubrovnik which is a must visit. We also took the bus to Dubrovnik for an evening which was lovely, the atmosphere is really different from the day time. Both the boat and bus trips were inexpensive.

A lot of people have mentioned the noise of the planes flying over - it is true that there are quite a few but they didn't bother us at all. The convinience of a 15 minute transfer from the airport far outweighted this!!

A taxi from the airport was around £15.

Only one other minor detail - a few of the reception staff could of been more helpful and friendly however this was not all staff.

Overall I don't feel this hotel is a 5 star as advertised as a few details could be improved upon. However we would definitely return to this hotel as it is very good and Cavtat an Dubrovnik are beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HC85

Dear Guest,

I thank you so much for taking the time to report your impression on Trip Advisor which allow our future guests to have a precise idea of the services and the quality of any hotel before choosing the place for their holidays.

I was pleased to see that overall, you enjoyed our room’s comfort, the staff attitude and our Spa and beach facilities. I am also happy to sse that you enjoyed our half-board buffet for both, breakfast and dinner.

I hope that, like many of our return guests you will choose our establishment for your next vacation in Croatia and we will be delighted to welcome you again.

Best regards anf thank you again.

Gildas Renaux

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavtat
Hotel Cavtat
Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel
Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik
Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik
#14 of 68 in Dubrovnik

Been to Hotel Croatia Cavtat? Share your experiences!