Hotel Croatia Cavtat
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
2,898 results
All reviewspiano bargolf buggybuggy servicesteak restaurantsalt waterspinaker restaurantsea viewhalf boardspinnaker baroutdoor poolfive star hotelthe clifflovely hotellarge hotelnudist beachbeach areamain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have recently stayed in this hotel for a week, with my husband and our toddler. It's very well located, close to town and beach nearby. For the ones who are not "fit" enough to visit the town on foot, due to a few steps on the hill (which can be a bit steep) they can request a driver to take them down, with one of the electric golf cars available every day and free of charge. The evenings when we had dinner in town and didn't feel like walking back with our tired baby, we asked the hotel to pick us up and they were promptly there!
The members of staff at the reception were very friendly and helped us with every query we had. Our good sized room was very clean and quiet. The balcony, although small, was great to wind down after busy days out and feel the warm breeze coming from the Adriatic Sea!
The breakfast room was really spacious (even on busy days it didn't feel over populated) and the views are stunning! The buffet was very varied and catered for different needs (healthy options such as cereal and natural yogurt as well as cooked options, like grilled chicken, omelet with vegetables, etc). The waiting staff was also lovely and really attentive to our needs, specially to our child.
On a rainy day we used the indoor swimming pool and the SPA. I had a facial and a body massage, which was a real treat! The premises are very clean and the beauty therapists really professional.
Also, the days we had lunch at the hotel (by the pool) we were very happy with the menu and the food served. The waiting staff were very efficient, in particular the gentleman who makes the drinks - the freshly squeezed orange juices were delicious! And I found it very good value for money!
Cavtat was definitely a very good base in Croatia as we were away from big crowds, as seen in Dubrovnik, for instance. We went to Dubrovnik by boat and, although we had a wonderful day out in a busy city, it was great to be back in the peaceful Cavtat, in the comforts of Croatia Hotel.
All in all we had a great experience!
One small detail I would suggest to the hotel: There is a lovely children's play room on the ground floor, which was great for our toddler. It would have been a plus if the hotel had a recreationist available (at certain hours) so that parents could leave their child/children in that same play room - for an hour or so - under an adult supervision.
Croatia is a beautiful country and there is a lot to see. Hiring a car was a very good way we could explore the surroundings (we drove to the main towns in Montenegro)
We were very impressed by the beauty of the place, and thanks to Hotel Croatia for making our stay very memorable. We will surely come back again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank EsteeLauder
HotelCroatia, Manager at Hotel Croatia Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Guest,
It is so motivating for all of us to receive such a good feedback like the one you took the time to write in Trip Advisor web page. I shared it immediately with all our staff and they all asked me to thank you for the nice words you had concerning their attitude.
I am glad to see that you spend a wonderful time in our property and that you are planning to come back for future holydays. This is in fact the best recompense we can receive from our guest as well as the best motivation to continue doing our best to turn our hotel into your “home away from home”...
Concerning the kid’s club area and for your information, we do have during the summer period two persons in charge of entertaining the children’s in July and August.
Thank you again for your kind words and I hope to have to pleasure to meet you again soon in Dubrovnik.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My room was a lovely balcony room overlooking the sea. The hotel is beautifully taken care of and the breakfast was excellent - I ate one morning with a student from India and we each found a breakfast that was a delight in spite of our differing tastes. Be prepared to negotiate a great number of steps to walk down to the village of Cavtat. I think I counted 125, but they were split up by several landings. A person I walked into town with had to rest frequently on her way back up to the hotel. Check in and check out were efficient, but the hotel seems to cater to conferences which means constant large groups milling about. I guess it was mostly the large tour busses that put me off. There's no sandy beach, but rock ledges for sunbathing. All in all, the hotel is a very good value.

Room Tip: Seaside is worth the cost. I watched cruise ships that were approaching Dubrovnik - lovely sight.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lynda f

Dear Guest,
I am glad to see that you had a good time while spending you vacations in our hotel and that you enjoyed both, our room facilities and the quality as well as the variety of our buffets.
Even if you had to share our property with a large conference group we hosted at the same time, our property is so huge that this does not really interfere with our individual guest activities. This is for sure one of the many advantages of such a large property.
Concerning the steps down to the beach, we do have a buggy service available all day long to avoid our guest to use the numerous steps leading to the beach area.
Thank you for finding the time to report your feedback on Trip Advisor and we hope to see you soon back to our hotel.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Just returned from 3 day break to Hotel Croatia. Very pleasant hotel in beautiful surroundings.
We booked a triple room with sea view but we were a bit disappointed as it was a bit cramped.
We spoke to The manager who promptly arranged two communicating rooms for us and this really made our holiday! The Manager is always available and keen to make your stay enjoyable. We were pleased however that we only booked bed and breakfast as there were so many lovely restaurants around the harbour to eat. Would definetly return again. Cavtat is a beautiful and relaxing break.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are all quiet and the view from the balcony of the sunset is fantastic. Most sea view rooms have sun all day so it was nice to sit out on them in the evening and take in the view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann2649

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor Web site. I do remember very well your request concerning the room too small to host three adults and I am glad to see that we were able to solve this incident in the act. I personally spend a few hours every day talking to our customers to make sure that we solve any potential challenge immediately in order to make your stay as memorable as possible.
I am happy to see that you left the hotel with very good memories of your holidays and I hope to have the pleasure to meet you again very soon in the sunny Dubrovnik.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is an excellent hotel, friendly and welcoming staff, excellent service. Rooms are very well appointed and the sea view rooms really do give amazing views. The hotel is on top of a hill, but there is a golf buggy to take you down and collect you from the harbour, so it is quite manageable for limited mobility. Cavtat is delightful, again excellent service, very good food and all the people are very friendly. Excllent ferry service to Dubrovnik, but do check the sailing times they are not every hour.

Room Tip: the sea view rooms are worth the little extra cost
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
We, at the Croatia hotel, are convinced that this profession is all about attitude... your kind feedback posted on Trip Advisor confirmed our obsession to make you feel like at home. I am so glad to see that you not only enjoyed the attitude of our staff but also all our hotel facilities and room comfort.
We hope to see you back as soon as possible in our property.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week with my husband. We were both looking for a relaxing holiday and we found it at the Hotel Croatia. The General Manager is a credit to the hotel and always approaching guests to ensure they are having a great stay. The hotel is up a hill side (steps or free buggie provided by the hotel); the plus side to this is the amazing views from nearly every window or baloney in the hotel of the sea and the town of Cavtat with the mountains behind. Sitting on the baloney for dinner is lovely and sharing experiences with other guests. Two friends from Birmingham and a couple from Manchester. We stayed on a half board basis and the meals were in a buffet restaurant with a lot of choice. No matter what time you go to dinner it was always well stocked up.
We used the beach area which is below the hotel in the Cavtat bay. There are sun beds to use and the sea is so clear, in fact the whole area is also very clean.
We both had a Thai massage from the hotel spa, which were lovely and well priced. There is no need to carry money in the hotel as you can charge everything to your room and pay at the end.
Cavtat feels very safe and there are a selection of bars and restaurants along the harbour. There is no pushy person trying to get you into places which is lovely. Just sit and enjoy.
Cannot understand why people have moaned about the airplanes flying over, there are some but I honestly say you don't notice them. Plus it’s a benefit being 10 mins from the airport.
We would recommend the walk around the Dubrovnik walls, again for the views. One tip is to wear sensible shoes as the paths are cobbled. Also we recommend the boat from Cavtat to Dubrovnik as it takes you straight into the old town. Plus if you want to avoid old French style toilets have a coffee and use a cafe.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L_K1509

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such an extensive and positive feedback concerning your stay in our property. As you mentioned, I do spend a long time every day to discuss with my customers because I am convinced that his is the only way to anticipate any potential inconvenient you may faced during your stay. This is in fact the only way to ensure that you are fully satisfied with our services.
I am glad to see that your vacations have been truly memorable and that you enjoyed every single facility in our hotel including the variety and quality of our main and “A la carte” restaurant.
I am personally convinced that attitude makes an enormous difference in our profession and we are trying to do every possible thing to “pamper” our customers.
I really appreciate your comments and I hope to see you soon back in our property.