I stayed at the Epidaurus with my girlfriend and some friends in Aug 2013.
If you want a cheap hotel that puts a roof over your head at night and something that passes for edible in your tummy then that is about all you can expect from this hotel, if you want anything more you should look elsewhere.
Dated, battered, unkept gets the basics wrong. Our room had staines, smelt, overlooked a rubbish bin (that had 1000's of flies buzzing around them). Nothing to hang clothes on, balcony was considered an extra that you had to upgrade to (no place to dry wet clothes). There seems to be hundreds of local cats walking around the hotel and its grounds, some cats obviously been on the wrong end of a few fights.
Concrete hole in the ground filled with water. Very misleading photo in the brochures and website images we've seen. It was very cold but we were determined to use it. It's used a lot by the children's entertainment team, so you'd be swimming with a lot of kids jumping in or dancing around the edge of it (far from relaxing).
Sun beds were locked/chained together at night, times they would unchain them were unpredictable. There was a scrum for good sun positions, we gave up and sat away from the pool in the trees. At least we were not so crowded.
This hotel is classed as being in Cavtat but in reality its a good 15 minute walk away from the marina/shops/bars you'd want to visit. It has a few local bars close by the hotel grounds but not many. It's boasts "beach front" location but that is stretching the term because its not much of a beach, in reality it has a ledge over the sea with 4 meter stretch of shale (painful to the feet) beach.
I couldn't fault it. Initially we had a storm for a day or so but that was apparently the first of the year and it was still hot.
**Food** The food was poor. Felt like a third-world refugee meal each time. You could bet that any vegetable not eat the night before we blended up into a soup for the following day. Most people ate what they offered but I ended up living on Pizza (reminded me of school canteen pizza) and the occasional bit of pork or pasta. If you want good food then AVOID this hotel.
Apart from the occasional nice member of staff it was poor. Bar staff were particularly rude and slow. You don't expect a bow and a curtsey but a polite "What would you like" is better than "Next" or "What you want now?"
**Wifi** - They should not even mention they offer this. Its by Wifi code that hardly ever works unless you're within a meter of the reception desk. If you do get a connection you might as well run a tin-can on a string back home to send your message or browse the web. Pointless.
This was good but for the wrong reasons. It was so bad it was amusing. Music to slit your wrists to but the local karaoke girls. If you have kids, I will give them credit, the staff for that when we were there did a lot of games for them.
I see since we stayed that Iberostar have removed their name from the hotel and I don't blame them. Whoever was running this was being their name down because I'm led to believe they are generally quite good. Don't let old the Iberostar name fool you. It has no semblance of even a budget chain hotel's quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Remisens Hotel Epidaurus (3*) (the former Smart Selection Hotel Epidaurus All Inclusive) is located next to the beach in beautiful Tiha Cove and offers spectacular views of the crystal clear sea of the Dubrovnik Riviera. It lies just one kilometre from the medieval old town of Cavtat, which makes it an ideal choice for guests looking for peace and relaxation but who do not want to be too far from the attractions of a town. From 2017, the Remisens Hotel Epidaurus will be offering high-quality services and facilities guaranteed by the Remisens brand. The hotel's 312 rooms and bathrooms, lobby, reception area, restaurant and surroundings have been completely refurbished. The hotel offers different room types depending on the individual needs of each guest. All rooms are fully equipped to make sure guests feel comfortable and at home. There are spacious rooms particularly suitable for families with children. The hotel is the perfect choice for a peaceful, relaxing holiday where the entire family can enjoy the benefits of the beautiful natural surroundings of Tiha Cove. Our attentive staff will make sure that the quality of service is always impeccable and that you have an unforgettable holiday in Cavtat, Croatia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Onthebeach, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Remisens Hotel Epidaurus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Epidaurus Hotel Cavtat
- Iberostar Hotel Cavtat
- Iberostar Hotel Epidaurus