“Magical atmosphere, excellent food”

Palmizana Meneghello
Ranked #53 of 147 Restaurants in Hvar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I really loved this restaurant and to be honest this is the only place worth visiting on Palmižana! The atmosphere is magical somehow and the food was superb. I ordered traditional croatian buzara and enjoyed every bite! The personnel is very friendly. Can't wait to return there

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited this restaurant on a sailing trip around the islands and stumbled upon it by accident following the signs for a pizzeria from the marina.

The food was excellent and some of the cheapest we had on the trip, around 30 Kuna for a bowl of soup starter and with mains from 50 Kuna (for the veggie option) to about 150 Kuna (for the steak). They also do meat and seafood sharing platters which the table next us had and looked amazing.

Between us we covered most sections of the menu and everyone thought their food was delicious with generous the portion sizes.

The only negative was the peacock in the trees opposite which made a racket all night and was a little annoying. Also the puddings, whilst good, were not up to the standard of the rest of the food so if you are on a budget I would recommend sticking to the mains.

Overall this was by far and away the best restaurant we ate in in Croatia and I will definitely visit again if I am Hvar in the future.

3  Thank Alexander L
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely evening at palmizana meneghello and were looked after spectacularly by lovely Eva and her colleagues. The team went above and beyond to make the evening a memorable. We ate recommended local cuisine which was delicious. It is a cute place for all age groups with an abundance of bohiemian charm. The restaurant is a little higher up in the island so do though check out the few bars in the bay which you should go for a drink before/after if you want a view of the water while watching the sun go down. There are lots of local boat taxis that go regularly between the island and hvar, don't get ripped off to pre booking a private taxi.

1  Thank Natalie L
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I usually don't write reviews, but our experience was so dreadful I felt I should give you fair warning.

My wife and I visited this restaurant during a sailing trip around the Croatian islands in April. It was recommended to us by our guide - a local - for a special Easter meal.

First, there were no menus at the restaurant. The waitress asked us what type of food we wanted (meat or fish) and said they would prepare a family recipe. We ordered meat and were brought a steak with French fries. Each steak was cooked to a different degree of doneness; mine was completely raw in the middle. When I sent the steaks back asking for them to be cooked more thoroughly, they were returned several minutes later unchanged.

Then came the big surprise: the check. Our meal for 4 cost 750 kuna - one of the most expensive of our trip. The restaurant only accepted cash (they claimed their visa card reader was not working), so we ended up having to walk to an ATM just to pay the bill.

Since this experience, we've seen other similar stories from neighboring restaurants on tripadvisor. If you are going to visit this island (which is lovely), be careful with the restaurants particularly in off / shoulder season.

1  Thank Aaron R
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Artistic creative haven to relax and recharge, highly recommend. Boutique hotel and restaurant a short taxi boat from hvar or charter your own which is what we did, enormous fun and adventures.