“Friendly staff and good reasonably priced fresh fish”
Review of Kod Kapetana

Kod Kapetana
Ranked #88 of 159 Restaurants in Hvar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant, with its rich offer of traditional fish specialties prepared on the old recipes and meat specialties and a beautiful view of Hvar's shore from our terrace, attracts many satisfied guests who are always returning back. High quality service and the rich offer of the local wines.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We ate here twice initially just stopping for a drink.We Brooke in the evening for dinner due to the very friendly waiter who did a great job in selling the menu.He is a great credit to the restaurant.Food and house wine was very good and well priced.Tuna and swordfish was extremely good.Would certainly return,well worth a visit as restaurant is in a quieter part but still has wonderful harbour views.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the KK for dinner and enjoyed both the food and the service. We were a table of 6 and were well looked after. Portions are very generous which balances the somewhat expensive menu. That said, the restaurant is right on the harbour at Hvar which is a pretty lively spot. I ordered the seafood risotto as a starter and it was large enough to be a main. My partner had the tuna for main (pictured) and I had the seafood stew - which was delightful. I’d recommend the aromatised potatoes to accompany. We had Croatian white wine with the meal which was great. Highly recommend and if you don’t have a huge appetite maybe share a starter.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Visited this restaurant Thursday 7th June 2018. Our waitress was friendly and made us feel welcome. My wife and I had a local dish, nicely presented and beautifully cooked. All staff were exceptionally helpful. As we left, I thanked her for making our visit so enjoyable. She said "That's my job".

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice location, with the frendly personal and perfect service, delicious fresh food, highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Located by the water, it offers delicious seafood based cuisine, a great wine list and very polite, professional service. I enjoyed dinner there very much, highly recommended!