Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,090 results
All reviewspool areaswim up barsea viewbonj les bainsbig hotelgreat poolsister hotelhula hulasun loungerspeak seasonyour luggagemin walkold townbeautiful islandmain townyoung peopleprivate beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a great time during our vacation in Croatia. During the trip we stayed in 7 different hotels. The Amfora was the only one which we didn't like. In fact, it ranks as one of the worst hotels we've ever stayed in. The location is perfect. However, we found the staff to be unfriendly to the point of rude. We had booked a room with a sea view. But, when we arrived at the room, we discovered that the view of the sea was blocked by another building. I've posted the picture of the view below. The balcony was so dirty that we were not able to use it the first night. (The next day, the housekeeper cleaned it for us). We tried the restaurant the first night, but it reminded us of a university cafeteria more than a restaurant. Someone else wrote that the hotel is more like a 2 or 3 star hotel. I would agree. We'll definitely return to Hvar. The island is beautiful and there are good restaurants in town. But, never again at the Amfora.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Les S
SuncaniHvarHotels, General Manager at Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment with us. It is never pleasant to hear that our service failed and we deeply apologize for that. We will keep doing our best to avoid situations like that, as guest satisfaction and food and beverage quality is our highest focus.

We hope to welcome you again in Hvar!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and two year old daughter. I was very disappointed upon check in as we were not given the same room that was pictured when I picked the room on bookings.com. The room we were originally given was terrible. It smelled like cigarette smoke and mold so strongly that I couldn't take a deep breathe the room with out gagging. The room itself was tiny, two people couldn't walk around at time same time and the room looked like it had not been updated since the early 90's. It was horrible. I immediately made a complaint as there was no way I could have my two year old daughter in a room that smelled like cigarette smoke so strongly. Thankfully the front desk staff was very accommodating and moved our family to a much better room that did not smell like cigarettes and looked like the room I had purchased. Though I was slightly annoyed the front desk staff acted surprised when I told them that the room smelled like smoke. This was obviously a smoking room. When I booked through bookings.com I checked the box for a none smoking room AND they knew I had a young child with me-so it was inconsiderate and thoughtless to put me in a smoking room. Thankfully prime tourist season hadn't started yet, so thankfully a room was available in the hotel for us to move to, otherwise I'm sure we would have been stuck with the room... And in that case we would have found another hotel as the first room was so disgusting. The second room we were given was nice-comfortable bed, clean, nice bathroom. No complaints.

I can thankfully stay that after our fiasco with our frost room we enjoyed the rest of our four night stay. Though be aware that this is a large hotel that seems to cater to tour groups. No above and beyond customer service and you will do ALOT of walking through corridors and up and down stair cases to get anywhere.

The hotel location: great-easy 5 min walk into the town. Easy to walk to as there is a nice paved path to get there. Free parking, though you have a good 5 min walk to the parking area.

Pool: pool is clean and very nice. There isn't a children's pool-but it was easy to take my daughter in the "adult pool", especially on the lower level as there are shallow areas. Only negative things I can say about it is that they allow people staying at other hotels use the pool, so it becomes Hvar's public pool. I don't think this is fair that hotel guests don't get beach chairs as they are taken up by people staying at other hotels. Also many of these people coming in play music from their phones making the pool kind of noisy. Pool food is good, but is very expensive for "pool food". It's like 20 euro for a chicken salad which is one of the cheapest things on the menu. and you pay out the nose for drinks. It's nice though that they have waiters walking around the pool to serve you. Honestly if I didn't have my two year old daughter with I would have gotten one of the awesome beach beds out on the rocks at the hula hula club next door-as that's more of a unique experience. The beach right In front of the hotel looks pretty, but no one was at it because it's very rocking and you feel like you are gong to twist an ankle while walking on it.

Breakfast: food is good. Everything you could really want. We didn't eat dinner there, but they have a 19 euro buffet, which isn't a bad price compared to meals out in town. Food out in town was good-no bad experiences.

Customer service:good with with food staff and cleaning service. Though did have some dissatisfaction with the people that are supposed to help carry your bags to your room. To get to our room from to front desk parking area was multiple corridors, an elevator and several stair cases. Not convenient to carry bags or with a cart. Both when we arrived and check out we had people only help us with half our stuff as they said they had to go help other people. I found this fairly rude, though I did feel bad for them as its is a huge hotel and there obviously wasn't enough people there to help everyone with their bags. So be prepared to be carrying your own bags up and down stairs and through multiple corridors.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SuncaniHvarHotels, General Manager at Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and effort to write this review, as it was really helpful for our management team and front office staff. We took everything you wrote in consideration, and took certain actions to improve our services. The truth is that all of our guest rooms are non-smoking and we give directions to the guests to smoke on the balcony, and please one more time accept our deepest apologies for this inconvenient situation.

All in all, we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay in Hvar and we would be happy to welcome you again soon.

With Kind Regards
Amfora

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Originally we were to stay at hotel Riva but were told they didn't have enough guests to open up. Good thing because we walked by Riva and we are glad we stayed at Amfora. Amfora is more of a resort type of hotel with excellent view of the ocean and pool from laying down in my bed! Reminds me of resorts in Mexico.

Excellent service. Upon check in someone walked us to our room and had the luggage sent later to our room. This is necessary because it's quite a strange layout. We walked down steps. Walked all the way across the floor before coming to our elevator (which is a very antiquated elevator in my opinion. You can only fit 1 person in as 2 people cannot stand side by side, so we all piled in long way). Also the elevator has a "door" you push open instead of slide open upon arrival to your floor.

Location is excellent. Come down to the boardwalk after the pool on bottom floor and you are 10 min walk from old town. Nice strolling path to town and back from town with the call deep blue waters on one side.

Sidewalk cafés abundant to have a coffee, beer and cigar. My ideal idea for vacation relaxation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George818

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing this lovely review with us, as we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We shared your comment with all of our Front Office staff as they are doing such a great job!

We are looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next reservation.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Not a bad location 5-10mins walk from the main Habour. Breakfast selection v good if not amazing quality, good that they have a big range of milks inc Soy. Staff generally nice, although they did mess up our transfer - but they made up for it.
Pool is rather cold and I'd eat out at the places at the Habour as they are all very nice, and the hotel food is a bit average.
We went for the room with the big bath in the room, was spacious and had an excellent shower, we needed the hot water fixing one day and this was dealt with in about 5mins flat, impressive.

Hotel is not 5 star, but it's still nice and I'd recommend it, don't expect to be blown away but it's a solid enough 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel Amfora for your stay in Hvar. We are pleased to hear you have enjoyed the breakfast in our hotel, as we strive to serve our guest with "the best of Hvar".
We hope to welcome you again soon and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next reservation.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel is really big and I can imagine it's crowded in the summer. I had a standard room with a window towards garden, or actually there were bushes a couple of meters away which was fine for me. The view to the other direction (some rooms, lobby, breakfast room etc.) is stunning. The furniture and decoration of the room were not quite the standard hotel style, and I liked it. Additionally, the bed was good and there were a couple of good chairs for sitting, so no complaints at all about the room.

The staff were really helpful and nice.

There are some computers in the lobby but the two I tried didn't work properly. The free, 'slow', wi-fi connection was ok for me and it would have been possible to get more rapid connection against a day price.

There was a buffet breakfast with a really large selection including local herb teas, cheeses and vegetables. I particularly liked their warm cherry-pie. However, the bread served on Sunday was old which was rather surprising.

The hotel has a very nice pool area and a beach but in April it wasn't warm enough for swimming. A conference room has been turned into a fitness room - great view but some of the machines were broken. There were no other restaurants or shops next to this hotel; you need to walk some ten minutes to get to the centre of the village.

I was quite happy with this hotel, as I got an off-season special deal. I wouldn't have been as happy paying the high-season price of 280 euros with over 500 other people around as there probably are in July-August.

Room Tip: The view towards the sea is exceptionally beautiful
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Maril_11
SuncaniHvarHotels, General Manager at Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment and we are pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your breakfast experience as we are very proud to serve our guests with homemade yogurt, jam, cheeses and olive oil, as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from island farms.
We addressed the issue with free Wifi and computers to our IT Department it was taken care off. Thank you again for pointing that out.

We hope to welcome you again in Hvar very soon,

With Kind Regards